Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

jimmii wrote: »
    What would be the advantage of using that and not just use boards?

For anyone that has a headset you can speak in channels.

It's more for the desktop users than mobile phone users :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

For anyone that has a headset you can speak in channels.

It's more for the desktop users than mobile phone users :)

People still use desktops :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sicknotexi

Didn't like using a transfer for GW2 but Hudson-Odoi to Neves before a rise seemed a no brainer with 0.5m itb. Only 2 decisions facing me really for gw2 now Aguero or Salah (c) and Neves or Zaha to start. Currently thinking Aguero and Neves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Telegram is where it's at for fpl.
    Some goods channels & groups.

A back up group for here wouldn't be a bad idea.

sicknotexi wrote: »
    Didn't like using a transfer for GW2 but Hudson-Odoi to Neves before a rise seemed a no brainer with 0.5m itb. Only 2 decisions facing me really for gw2 now Aguero or Salah (c) and Neves or Zaha to start. Currently thinking Aguero and Neves.

Aguero captain over Salah? Not for me. Definitely Salah imo just for the higher points expectancy as much as the fact he's likely to have near on 50% captaincy again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sicknotexi

Aguero captain over Salah? Not for me. Definitely Salah imo just for the higher points expectancy as much as the fact he's likely to have near on 50% captaincy again.

It's definitely a decision. Huddersfield are dreadful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,890 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

So how did the eye test go for everyone this weekend ?

Pereyra, Schluup, Fraser, Maddison

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

sicknotexi wrote: »
    It's definitely a decision. Huddersfield are dreadful.

I thought I was going to have this conundrum as well, and even had it on Aguero for a while. But after last weekend (yes, I know City were playing Arsenal and Liverpool were playing West Ham) I've swung considerably back to Salah now again (or even Mané? (Probably not)).

Aguero may not even start, and if he does he could get hauled off after an hour for Jesus.

But, of course, if everything goes well, Aguero's points ceiling is considerably higher this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

After watching Friday night I have become completely obsessed with getting Pereira in from Leicester, only caught the last 20 minutes, anybody in a better position to give me a view?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,821 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Telegram is where it's at for fpl.
    Some goods channels & groups.

A back up group for here wouldn't be a bad idea.

Where can these be found? Search through the app?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

So how did the eye test go for everyone this weekend ?

D R I N K F E
    C K A R S E
    G I R L S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

wardides wrote: »
    After watching Friday night I have become completely obsessed with getting Pereira in from Leicester, only caught the last 20 minutes, anybody in a better position to give me a view?

I'm in the same boat as yourself. Only got the last 20 mins or so. But Pereira was the one that also stood out for me. I thought he was outstanding & seems to have somehow gone under the radar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

United? Or am I missing a different player here :pac: at first I thought you meant Peryara off Watford

United? Or am I missing a different player here :pac: at first I thought you meant Peryara off Watford

Ricardo Pereira of Leicester?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Ricardo Pereira of Leicester?

5ml
    No thanks

km79 wrote: »
    5ml
    No thanks

Listed as a DEF but was basically playing on the right wing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

He was actually playing right wing till Amartey was taken off
    Amartey was so bad I'd guess he won't be played there again unless Puel wants the sack !

Could be one to monitor as their fixtures do improve a bit
    But I don't think I'll be convinced to spend 5ml on of their defenders

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Word on Goalkeepers that I read somewhere Twitter. Will try find it.

I have DeGea. But basically saying his distribution was very poor and he got punished in BSP even though he made good saves.

Likes of Edison and Allison had very little to do but purely because of passing stats they will perform well and got the bonus this weekend.

One to keep an eye on.

Which is essentially my thought process. Similar to Schlupp at Palace, it's not the clean sheet you would be looking for. Fixtures look tidy and looks to be a bit more nailed on than Schlupp. Actually think he's one of the best defenders out there (if you already own a Palace & Burnley DEF) for 5m or less.

As above, with Palace and Burnley aside, Watford fixtures are brutal, Wolves fixtures not much better. Other cheaper players have poor fixtures. The only big club 5m options are TAA, which only makes sense if you don't have one of VVD or Robertson & Shaw, who i don't think is nailed on whatsoever.

Currently looking at heat maps for Leicester (what a Monday night), and he doesn't look like he was that far forward (Chilwell looks the better option somehow). Have Cedric in my team but he had a woeful game apparently, so might get rid. Thinking of looking to Adam smith, but not even sure if he's nailed on with Francis lurking.

El festino wrote: »

I have DeGea. But basically saying his distribution was very poor and he got punished in BSP even though he made good saves.

Likes of Edison and Allison had very little to do but purely because of passing stats they will perform well and got the bonus this weekend.

One to keep an eye on.

Would have been interesting to see his BPS score if United had kept their clean sheet.
    Allison and Ederson got 1 BP for making 2 & 3 saves respectively.
    I was wondering how they were anywhere near BP as they weren't tested much. Interesting.

• Advertisement

El festino wrote: »

One to keep an eye on.

Yep, one to keep an eye on. Was called out on Always Cheating podcast, essentially as they are that much involved in regards to passing out from the back so get easy bonus points. Just can't get involved in spending 10M on 2 keepers either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Spurs now playing their first 3 home games at Wembley.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Just thinking Mendy could be a very good captain option this week. Not sure I'd be brave enough to try it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Their 4th is home to Man City on Oct 28th.

The same day there is an NFL game at Wembley.

If the new ground isn’t ready, so I smell a DGW? :)

Just thinking Mendy could be a very good captain option this week. Not sure I'd be brave enough to try it.

I was thinking exactly that myself!

Don’t see a player watch thread.

Was very impressed with Mitrovic and thought he deserved a goal. Pre-season I didn’t even give him a consideration but seems a different player from his Newcastle days.

Looks capable of geting on the end of something or creating an opportunity for himself.

He’s on my shortlist now. If he’s on pens then he’s a real option.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Currently looking at heat maps for Leicester (what a Monday night), and he doesn't look like he was that far forward (Chilwell looks the better option somehow). Have Cedric in my team but he had a woeful game apparently, so might get rid. Thinking of looking to Adam smith, but not even sure if he's nailed on with Francis lurking.

Chilwell took at least one free kick crossed in from the left too. I feel like he's always on the verge of being a really good FF asset.

Was very impressed with Mitrovic and thought he deserved a goal. Pre-season I didn’t even give him a consideration but seems a different player from his Newcastle days.

Looks capable of geting on the end of something or creating an opportunity for himself.

More shots than any other player in gw1 bodes well and 3 from in the box. Definitely one to keep an eye on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I watched a fair bit of Fulham last year, which was the reason I was so high on him all summer. He was one of the first names in my team, I think he has really kicked on from his previous stint in the PL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Benimar wrote: »

Their 4th is home to Man City on Oct 28th.

The same day there is an NFL game at Wembley.

If the new ground isn’t ready, so I smell a DGW? :)

Possibilities. But also playing in Manchester or moving the game to Monday night.

Advertisement