Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

Aguerro a good signing for this week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

redmgar wrote: »
    Aguerro a good signing for this week?
    What’s your thinking behind it ? Who are you bringing him in for ? Is it for free ?

free swap for Aubameyang, city have Huddersfield at home. only concern is he is not a deffo starter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

dsmythy wrote: »
    Possibilities. But also playing in Manchester or moving the game to Monday night.

The EFL cup is that midweek, so can’t see City agreeing to play Monday, Wednesday, Saturday...even if Wednesday would be the reserve team!

Also, I think there is a couple of days ‘turn around’ time on getting the ground ready.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

free swap for Aubameyang, city have Huddersfield at home. only concern is he is not a deffo starter

I thought PEA looked lively the last day and I am considering bringing him in for aguero at soon as pep starts rotating him

That's a tough call but there must have been done reason you went fof him over aguero initially ?
    Tbh aguero was not good the last day ........

• Advertisement

Yeah im thinking of just swapping this week, because arsenal have chelsea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

km79 wrote: »
    I thought PEA looked lively the last day and I am considering bringing him in for aguero at soon as pep starts rotating him

That's a tough call but there must have been done reason you went fof him over aguero initially ?
    Tbh aguero was not good the last day ........

Wondering when Pep is going to start rotating Aguero/Jesus is wrecking my buzz.

Wasn't there a common trend last year that Jesus started a lot of away games? Or was that just because Kun was going for some scoring record at Home?

Still really tempted to sell Zaha for Jesus in my draft league. He bagged a lot of points last season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Yeah im thinking of just swapping this week, because arsenal have chelsea

Thinking the same about bringing in KDB for Alexis for - 4,City really are a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

patmac wrote:
    Thinking the same about bringing in KDB for Alexis for - 4,City really are a nightmare.

I'm wary of Kdb, pep hinted at deeper role for him this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Thinking I'll be looking at doubling up on City in defence and just going with KDB then. Looks like Mendy could be the equivalent of a second attacker anyway and Ederson looks like he might pick up a few bonus points here and there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Still really tempted to sell Zaha for Jesus in my draft league. He bagged a lot of points last season

Jesus 126 points
    Zaha 136 points

Zaha now classified as a Forward.

The "upside" is greater for Jesus. If Aguero was to get a long term injury then bingo for Jesus.
    The downside... seeing him on the bench so often.

I would be sticking with Zaha. Woy has them whipped into shape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭caviardreams

froog wrote: »
    I'm wary of Kdb, pep hinted at deeper role for him this year

Dilva is tempting me but concerned he is getting on a bit now, retiring from the international scene is surely good news for his city game time I would have thought?

PARlance wrote: »
    Jesus 126 points
    Zaha 136 points

Zaha now classified as a Forward.

The "upside" is greater for Jesus. If Aguero was to get a long term injury then bingo for Jesus.
    The downside... seeing him on the bench so often.

I would be sticking with Zaha. Woy has them whipped into shape.

The reclassification will cost him a good 20-30 points I'd guess. No clean sheet points and 1 less for a goal.

It's very tempting! Cheap FW line of Zaha Tosun Mitro will kill me I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

The reclassification will cost him a good 20-30 points I'd guess. No clean sheet points and 1 less for a goal.

It's very tempting! Cheap FW line of Zaha Tosun Mitro will kill me I think

Zaha playing for a move to a bigger club probably has me in his corner. Aguero slightly more favoured by Pep than he was this time last year.

Flip a coin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Thinking I'll be looking at doubling up on City in defence and just going with KDB then. Looks like Mendy could be the equivalent of a second attacker anyway and Ederson looks like he might pick up a few bonus points here and there.

Thinking the same. Seems a minefield trying to figure out who is going to play where further up the pitch.

What are the chances of Son leaving the game altogether? Is it true that if he doesn't win the Asian Games he gets conscripted into the army or is that just Paper Talk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

What are the chances of Son leaving the game altogether? Is it true that if he doesn't win the Asian Games he gets conscripted into the army or is that just Paper Talk?

They need to get to last 4 I believe not win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    They need to get to last 4 I believe not win.

It's true then :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Actually thinking about captaining Mendy over Aguero or Salah... Am I mad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

MattD wrote: »

If you are, then so am I :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Mendy is definitely a bit too optimistic. Aguero points expectancy is good for sure but Salah is still a good bit ahead imo. His overall captaincy will probably be higher too I would have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Not sure why you'd captain Mendy if I'm honest. Still has decent ownership and the ceiling of points is a bit much compared to Augero. He's also not going to get 10-12 assists this year in reality - Sterling got 11 last year, Silva similar in a record year. So say he matches that, works out an assist every 3 games or so, so think we're all getting a bit carried away with Mendy and 2 assists in first game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

wardides wrote: »
    Not sure why you'd captain Mendy if I'm honest. Still has decent ownership and the ceiling of points is a bit much compared to Augero. He's also not going to get 10-12 assists this year in reality - Sterling got 11 last year, Silva similar in a record year. So say he matches that, works out an assist every 3 games or so, so think we're all getting a bit carried away with Mendy and 2 assists in first game.

They are virtually guaranteed a clean sheet against Huddersfield and we have zero clue who will be playing in Midfield or up front and Augero was poor last week, its Mendy or Salah for me to be honest. Will most likley chicken out and go with Salah as its a bit early for differentials but to captin Mendy is not exactly a maverick move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Pogue eile wrote: »
    They are virtually guaranteed a clean sheet against Huddersfield and we have zero clue who will be playing in Midfield or up front and Augero was poor last week, its Mendy or Salah for me to be honest. Will most likley chicken out and go with Salah as its a bit early for differentials but to captin Mendy is not exactly a maverick move.

All it takes though is a fluke goal and then you're relying on him getting attacking points. I'd never captain a defender in a single gameweek, maybe a dgwk if the fixtures were good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I can see the appeal but don’t think I’d risk Mendy myself. Maybe over a double but gona stick with the Aguero/Salah Captain this week.

Too early to punt on a captain for me. Hope it comes off if you go for it though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Looking at the fixtures i have three players for the saturday six games at the most.Three liverpool and three city limits the usual variety of games to have players in.Red arrow saturday anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Pogue eile wrote: »

Conceded at home to Everton, Stoke, Southampton, West Ham, Watford, Newcastle, Leicester & Brighton last season (aswell as Spurs & Arsenal but that's fair enough). Fluke goal can happen and you've lost the core attributes he has. Actually thought they were somewhat lucky not to concede against Arsenal, and Arsenal looked a little bit disjointed. I also think Mendy was woeful against them, and got away with a couple of made decisions.

Clean sheet & Assist again gets you 9 points. Augero scoring 2 gets you at least that and I think there's a better chance of the latter, before you get into ceiling points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Do you need to take a gamble like that this early in the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Do we really think Salah will outscore Aguero this GW. If you are going with Salah you may aswell leave it on him for foreseeable as these are the games Aguero gets his brace or 4 goal hauls. Salah doesn’t do braces or Hattys away from home.

Palace are in a much position then last season

Advertisement