Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Do we really think Salah will outscore Aguero this GW. If you are going with Salah you may aswell leave it on him for foreseeable as these are the games Aguero gets his brace or 4 goal hauls. Salah doesn’t do braces or Hattys away from home.

Palace are in a much position then last season

Would you prefer to pick someone who is 99% guaranteed to start (Salah), or someone who is 60% (Aguero).

If I knew he was guaranteed to start I would put in on Aguero but it's hard to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I didn’t get a chance to see much outside of the goals in the Everton/Wolves games . Did Jonny look up to much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

What's the story with David silva, is he injured or still away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,149 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I didn’t get a chance to see much outside of the goals in the Everton/Wolves games . Did Jonny look up to much?

Solid defensively but didn't venture forward too much. Don't expect many goals or assists from him this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,576 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

RMT giving me 59.95 points this GW. Would take that right now thanks v much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

KevIRL wrote: »
    RMT giving me 59.95 points this GW. Would take that right now thanks v much.

59 for me would definitely take that too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I'm admin in my work league. Trying to add a new guy to it. For some reason the code isn't showing up under the admin menu.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Anyone that owns Aguero should captain him this week.

Picking Mendy over him reeks of just looking at last week's points and expecting history to repeat itself.

Remember what he did 2 weeks ago in the Community Shield?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,149 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I'm admin in my work league. Trying to add a new guy to it. For some reason the code isn't showing up under the admin menu.

Any ideas?

In the leagues tab, click 'Options' beside your league. Then click 'Invite friends' and the code will show up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

jimmii wrote: »
    59 for me would definitely take that too!

But that is with Salah not aguero captain..........

• Advertisement

In the leagues tab, click options beside your league. Then click Invite friends and the code will show up.

Not all heroes wear capes. I saw that and didn't even think of clicking it. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I wouldn’t trust the scout algorithm just yet. It had Leno and Cech as sharing the Arsenal points. This week it has Pedro down as 1.5pts so I’m assuming they are saying he won’t start. Everything points to him starting, even if Hazard comes back.

IMO there is nothing to suggest Aguero will get dropped. He wasn’t last season, he’s started the first two games. I’ll be captaining him. I’d also VC Mendy over Salah, I think he’s guaranteed the clean sheet, more so than Salah being guaranteed a goal and if City score 4 or more there’s a good shot at some attacking returns also but you’re not relying on them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Man City kept clean sheets in about 1 in 3 home league games last season. I wouldn't say they're guaranteed anything at that end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

It’s Huddersfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

PARlance wrote: »
    Zaha playing for a move to a bigger club probably has me in his corner. Aguero slightly more favoured by Pep than he was this time last year.

Flip a coin.

signed a new 5 year contract this morning so probably puts the move to bed for a while, but then again who knows.

Hodgson: Here Wilfred, want to sign a new 5 year contract with an extra 20% a week?

Zaha: Sounds good.

Hodgson: So you're happy to stay for the long term then, great news.

Zaha: yeah, long term, right.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭boccy23

Peltier or Wann-Bassaka this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

boccy23 wrote: »
    Peltier or Wann-Bassaka this weekend?

Looking at the clean sheet odds Peltier is the better pick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Bench PVA, Tosun, Jota or King?

Leaning towards Tosun

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Bench PVA, Tosun, Jota or King?

Leaning towards Tosun

PVA surely? PVA is more likely to get 1 point than he would be an assist.

Sorry I was just confirming against Tosun. Definitely wouldn't be benching Tosun at home to Soton. If he doesn't start these games when would you expect to play him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

PVA surely? PVA is more likely to get 1 point than he would be an assist.

Sorry I was just confirming against Tosun. Definitely wouldn't be benching Tosun at home to Soton. If he doesn't start these games when would you expect to play him?

I dunno I don't like benching an attacking 5.5 Def like PVA.

Thought Tosun would be the least likely to score

• Advertisement

Yeh I get that. But PVA is more likely to concede goals than get an attacking point. So if I was you I'd be looking at it that Tosun is more likely to get 2 points than PVA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

Sky source reporting serious knee injury for KDB...I just transferred him in this morning 😀

Once you have the player in your team you're better off ignoring their price imo. If you think there's 11 better then you go for them regardless. Always risky with an attacking player no matter who it is just the way it goes. I had 30 points on my bench at the weekend still feel it was the right thing to do though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

As unfortunate as it is for KdB to get injured, who do we think the main beneficiaries will be in terms of gametime?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

As unfortunate as it is for KdB to get injured, who do we think the main beneficiaries will be in terms of gametime?
    Dilva should take his position so that free's up more gametime for Bilva and Gundogan. You'd imagine more so for the former. But honestly it's Pep so who knows.

I wouldn't be surprised if pep came up with something that really caught us out like play Stones in midfield! Silva seems the obvious replacement but wouldn't bank on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Pep has spoken highly of Bilva in advance of the season starting and at that replaced Mahrez & Sterling ahead of him against Arsenal.

Genuinely think Bilva is nailed on for foreseeable - can’t see Mahrez or Sane ahead of him in pecking order.

Sterling is as good as nailed on too

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Listened to a bit of the scoutcast there. They acknowledged that maybe BB doesn't infact have to be played in a DGW and that gw1 is a good time to play it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Pep has spoken highly of Bilva in advance of the season starting and at that replaced Mahrez & Sterling ahead of him against Arsenal.

Genuinely think Bilva is nailed on for foreseeable - can’t see Mahrez or Sane ahead of him in pecking order.

Sterling is as good as nailed on too

All are "nailed" until team news, especially when CL starts. There is a reason City has a wide squad of players and rotation will happen.

Basic staff and picking any City player comes with a risk. But when they fire it is a jackpot time :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

For anyone thinking of signing pogba there are still murmurings that all is not well between himself and mourinho and he wants the Barca move
    The fact that Barca have done their usual tactic of saying they won't be bidding makes the move more likely !

Advertisement