Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

km79 wrote: »
    Fernandinho Danilo ederson and Jesus not in Brazilian squad for Internationals between gw4 and 5
    Otamendi not in Argentina but aguero is ..............Fulham at home gw5 :(

So Pep should play Aguero for the first 4 games then let Jesus have a start. I'll take 6 goals please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

jamesbere wrote: »
    Decided to wc, with the kdb mess earlier in the week I think it's just better off.

Pickford
    Mendy Robertson holebas
    Bsilva alli Mane pogba
    Aguero Vardy tosun

Speroni wan b Daniels Stephens

With Jose love for pogba again (supposedly) hopefully he can be central to there attack.
    Going to keep an eye on the arsenal gk situation if Leno gets a look in he could be a nice price if arsenal can settle under emery.

Jesus how bad was it? Surely couldn't have been worthy of a wc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Jesus how bad was it? Surely couldn't have been worthy of a wc

It was really, Sane isnt a a certain starter, king wasn't really something I'm keen on. Sanchez I took out for kdb then got injured. Cedric got taken off early so wasn't confident on him. Sessengon is too expensive for a promoted player. TAA might not be a certain starter either.

I got 43 pts when everyone got decent scores, feel happier now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

From The Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/17/manchester-city-kevin-de-bruyne-injury
    “Pep Guardiola is considering dropping Sergio Agüero for Manchester City’s game against Huddersfield Town on Sunday, with the manager contemplating starting Gabriel Jesus instead”

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

No quotes whatsoever in that article. So its just that journalists opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Paully D wrote: »
    I didn’t just read that !
    If he doesn’t start and siggy doesn’t or is subbed for Bernard ill be wildcarding

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Pep considering signing me up.

That's that headline sorted, just need to write the article now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I long for the days of pre-Pep, auto-captain Aguero. Simpler times..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Questionable article or no, I think that's the final push towards Salah for captaincy for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

It was really, Sane isnt a a certain starter, king wasn't really something I'm keen on. Sanchez I took out for kdb then got injured. Cedric got taken off early so wasn't confident on him. Sessengon is too expensive for a promoted player. TAA might not be a certain starter either.

I got 43 pts when everyone got decent scores, feel happier now.

I hope it works out for you but I'd have liked to see another week. Scoring or not scoring in GW1 doesn't guarantee anything about GW2.

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »

Pep doesn't say anything about dropping him, I'd say the journalist has Aguero in his ff and is trying to put people off captaining him

dsmythy wrote: »
    I hope it works out for you but I'd have liked to see another week. Scoring or not scoring in GW1 doesn't guarantee anything about GW2.

Agreed and it is a gamble early on which on normally would avoid but I just don't feel happy with my side. Too much over thinking pre season made me make some silly mistakes. Although I'm probably over thinking now aswell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Agreed and it is a gamble early on which on normally would avoid but I just don't feel happy with my side. Too much over thinking pre season made me make some silly mistakes. Although I'm probably over thinking now aswell :D

If your thinking about overthinking then you have already overthought :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Surely hazard OOP at cf couldn’t be any worse then my current OOP player Sanchez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,149 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I now have Kun fear but not in the usual will-he-score-a bucket-load-of-goals-when-I-don’t-have-him way more the will-Pep-play-Jesus-ahead-of-him-when-I-do-have-him way.

If your thinking about overthinking then you have already overthought :D

Maybe I'm under thinking, I don't know exactly the right amount of thinking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭COH

Play Fabianski or Begovic this week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

COH wrote: »
    Play Fabianski or Begovic this week?

I have both and have went for Fabianski, for no other reason really than they are at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Does anyone think there’s a possibility of Hudson-Odi playing v Arsenal considering the roasting he gave Bellerin in Dublin?

Wishful thinking I know but I don’t hold out much hope for my alternate- Hughes - at Burnley getting more than 2 points.

I’ve already promoted Peltier ahead of Cairney so I’m scrapping the barrel with my cheapos this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

No quotes whatsoever in that article. So its just that journalists opinion.

This journo has an excellent track record and would not publish this unless he has been briefing.

• Advertisement

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    This journo has an excellent track record and would not publish this unless he has been briefing.

I stopped following him last year due to his piss poor transfer stories that came to nothing
    There isn’t a single quote
    Pep is “considering “ dropping aguero for the other very good striker he has ? I’m sure he “considers “ it most weeks . Like he considers who to play Behind the strikers ......and defensive midfield .........and centre back

He will be right either way
    Jesus plays - he is right
    Aguero plays - he considered Jesus but decided to stick with aguero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I think this might be a case of all fart, no poo

Aguero started every home game last season he was fit for. Jesus didn’t have a fantastic WC so why would he start ahead of Aguero (yes I know it’s Pep)

If anything I think they might start 352, Sterling & Aguero upfront

I think this might be a case of all fart, no poo

Aguero started every home game last season he was fit for. Jesus didn’t have a fantastic WC so why would he start ahead of Aguero (yes I know it’s Pep)

If anything I think they might start 352, Sterling & Aguero upfront

I’m putting my FPL reputation on the line
    I’m going head to head with Jamie Jackson
    I’m calling pure and utter BS on it barring an unknown injury
    He has said dropped though .
    He won’t be dropped . This week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Thing about Aguero is he could even come on for 20 or 30 minutes and justify the armband.

He’s more explosive than Salah.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

Flashbacks from last season. Week 2, Aguero captain at Bournemouth :),
    stays on bus :mad:, comes on as sub :mad:, 1 point :(.
    Everybody else has Lukaku captain in the 17:30 :eek:,
    misses penalty :pac:
    Aguero outscores Lukaku by 1 point to nil :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Pogue eile wrote: »
    I have both and have went for Fabianski, for no other reason really than they are at home.

same dilemma. went for begovic because west ham looked terrible (albeit against a great liverpool side) and Bournemouth looked good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Just watched the first episode of the City documentary "All or Nothing." It's a fascinating insight into how they operate. A lot of praise for Mendy in it and how important he is for the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Rockfish

Anyway of seeing league table in a private league where you can see others captains picks, running points totals etc? Could do it last season but cant remember how :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Rockfish wrote: »
    Anyway of seeing league table in a private league where you can see others captains picks, running points totals etc? Could do it last season but cant remember how :o

Try betterFPL

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/better-fpl/oimpiccgpkkjbdligdbcipdcjcklcglm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Rockfish

Advertisement