Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

COH wrote: »
    Just looking at my my bench for next gameweek...

Fabianski - ARS (A)
    Fraser - EVE (H)
    Cedric - LEI (H)
    Wan-Bissaka -WAT (A)

Possibly a good gameweek to benchboost - Thoughts?

West ham defensive record this season and last season? Even Fabianski won't help them.

Fraser 2 points.

Watford in good shape after today so WAN Bissaka not a great prospect playing away.

Cedric may be OK.

Not great bunch of lads to give you a bump I would say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭siblers

COH wrote: »
    Just looking at my my bench for next gameweek...

Fabianski - ARS (A)
    Fraser - EVE (H)
    Cedric - LEI (H)
    Wan-Bissaka -WAT (A)

Possibly a good gameweek to benchboost - Thoughts?

You'd do well to get higher than 8 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,889 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Next week's captaincy decision is every bit as much of a head wreck as this week.

Aguero away to Wolves in the Saturday morning kick off

OR

Salah at home to Brigton on the telly at 5.30pm sat evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Next week's captaincy decision is every bit as much of a head wreck as this week.

OR

Salah, a home game against a team they trounced last season home and away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

OR

Mane or Salah, probably the latter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

OR

Salah for the moment anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

OR

Salah for me too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

OR

Very close call, looking like Aguero for me,

I think Brighton are more capable of keeping the score respectable against Liverpool than Wolves are against City.

Salah has very high ownership in my main league and Aguero was a decent differential this week. That's probably swaying me more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Salah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,889 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Mod - prob need to break this off into a Gw3 captaincy thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Is there any player with any hope of a double rise this week does anyone reckon?....
    Am considering Wildcarding.

Thanks for any ideas.

Do people think Hazard will start next week for Chelsea ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,149 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Is there any player with any hope of a double rise this week does anyone reckon?....
    Am considering Wildcarding.

Thanks for any ideas.

Alonso has a chance I’d say. EDIT: Richarlison also maybe.

threein99 wrote: »
    Do people think Hazard will start next week for Chelsea ?

Sarri on Hazard -- I think that, at this moment, he's not able to play for 90 minutes it was better to give him 25-30 minutes when the intensity of the match has come down.
    "But I think, I hope, that in one week, maximum two weeks, he'll be able to play the whole game."

km79 wrote: »
    Sarri on Hazard -- I think that, at this moment, he's not able to play for 90 minutes it was better to give him 25-30 minutes when the intensity of the match has come down.
    "But I think, I hope, that in one week, maximum two weeks, he'll be able to play the whole game."

Cheers, I need to get rid of Sanchez and have 10.5m burning a hole in my pocket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,576 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Ruh oh just realised that 8 of my starting 11 come from just 3 teams. Can be a recipe for some v poor weeks

KevIRL wrote: »
    Ruh oh just realised that 8 of my starting 11 come from just 3 teams. Can be a recipe for some v poor weeks

Especially with man city playing pool in a few gameweeks
    That’s why I’ve stayed with only 2 from each

Chelsea also play pool close to that game
    Pool have a few tough away games coming up actually .......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I think I'll be moving to just Salah from liverpool from GW5-9

Green&Red wrote: »

Why?
    Don't think it matters who Liverpool play, you only have to look at the games against City last year. They will score lots and don't have the same rotation headaches that come with City attackers.

Well all that means is that I'm planning on swapping Firmino for Lacazzette

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

I'm considering going without salah for that run and upgrade around the rest of my team if I can hold onto my wildcard until gw9 and then get him back he's so highly owned that it's very doubtful he will rise

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I plan on holding on to Salah, Mane, and Robertson for the entirety of the season! :pac:

I'm considering going without salah for that run and upgrade around the rest of my team if I can hold onto my wildcard until gw9 and then get him back he's so highly owned that it's very doubtful he will rise

Thats not a bad plan either. He would want to be continuing at a goal a game to warrant holding onto for those four week, no one is fixture proof .........

..........Well until they are fixture proof

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Wilberto wrote: »
    I plan on holding on to Salah, Mane, and Robertson for the entirety of the season! :pac:
    There'd want to be some fairly drastic changes to see any of Salah, Mendy, Ederson or Robertson to be leaving my team. Also have Firmino and Aguero at the moment. They're expensive luxuries, but I essentially currently only have to worry about a 5 a side team at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Thats not a bad plan either. He would want to be continuing at a goal a game to warrant holding onto for those four week, no one is fixture proof .........

..........Well until they are fixture proof

My thinking is would I captain him against spurs Chelsea or city? No. Southampton are wedged in the middle but I will have 2 other pool players as cover for that and at 13m if I'm only gonna captain him 1 week out of 4 it's too expensive a downgrade to mane will give me better balance around the pitch

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

This is also on my mind. I think someone that expensive you have to captain almost every week, and with those fixtures I won't. A downgrade to Mane gives serious cash to spread around.

My thinking is would I captain him against spurs Chelsea or city? No. Southampton are wedged in the middle but I will have 2 other pool players as cover for that and at 13m if I'm only gonna captain him 1 week out of 4 it's too expensive a downgrade to mane will give me better balance around the pitch

I get the thinking about not captaining him against the big teams but Chelsea could have shipped 5 against Arsenal, he scored both goals in a 2-2 draw with Spurs last year and the City game will be attack versus attack. Just food for thought

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

My front 3 of Aguero Firmino PEA are really limiting my options in Midfield. Should I look at downgrading one?

Current mids are Salah Richarlison Bilva Kante (Gunnarsson).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I get the thinking about not captaining him against the big teams but Chelsea could have shipped 5 against Arsenal, he scored both goals in a 2-2 draw with Spurs last year and the City game will be attack versus attack. Just food for thought

He scored 2 goals at Anfield not Wembley, he got 1 there. Liverpool haven't a great record away to Spurs recently.

I agree with you about Chelsea though, Liverpool are set up perfectly to destroy them on the counter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

He scored 2 goals at Anfield not Wembley, he got 1 there. Liverpool haven't a great record away to Spurs recently.

I agree with you about Chelsea though, Liverpool are set up perfectly to destroy them on the counter.

Advertisement