Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,576 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Is this the first time in a few seasons where the more serious player is off to a better start than the casual?

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭blackwave

KevIRL wrote: »
    Is this the first time in a few seasons where the more serious player is off to a better start than the casual?

I think so, in my main cash league the majority of the guys towards to the top would be ones I consider to be quite serious about fantasy. While the casuals are not doing as well as previous years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,889 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

KevIRL wrote:

That must make me a casual.

The post was just a nice way of telling you tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

After averaging 90 each week I find myself in the heady heights of 6th & 7th respectively in my main two leagues.

What a time to be alive :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Me too

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

quite the opposite for me and I obsess about FPL.

from the heady heights of Top 100 last year to just outside top 750,000 now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

tomwaits48 wrote: »

from the heady heights of Top 100 last year to just outside top 750,000 now :pac:

Thought I was the only one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Same start for me this year. Monster scores GW1 and GW2. GW3-8 last year where a shambles so hopefully improves this year.

My season long no transfer team at the heady heights of 18K while my regular team languishes at 133K in OR

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

My season long no transfer team at the heady heights of 18K while my regular team languishes at 133K in OR

A woman in work got her son to pick her team in week 1 last season, no transfers all season long, she was top of our mini league until Christmas, Aguero was the captain all season long, she ended up third.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

tomwaits48 wrote: »

That happened me, finished 105th and then the following season had my worst ever, 1.4m, the lads just weren't motivated

Lots of leagues where people are already 100 points down, its over for them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

My front 3 of Aguero Firmino PEA are really limiting my options in Midfield. Should I look at downgrading one?

Current mids are Salah Richarlison Bilva Kante (Gunnarsson).

I think after last night Firmino gets one last week in my team.

Could do Firmino to Ings, Bilva to Mane then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

I think after last night Firmino gets one last week in my team.

Could do Firmino to Ings, Bilva to Mane then.

He was pretty anonymous, doesn't look sharp at all at the moment.

Green&Red wrote: »

Lots of leagues where people are already 100 points down, its over for them

That’s me in pretty much all my leagues and also out of the last man standing league in week 2! I’m actually pretty pissed off over it as I thought my team was very strong starting off! It’s going to be hard to get motivated now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

MrMac84 wrote: »
    That’s me in pretty much all my leagues and also out of the last man standing league in week 2! I’m actually pretty pissed off over it as I thought my team was very strong starting off! It’s going to be hard to get motivated now

100 down over 36 weeks is less than 4 points a week. It's early days yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

100 down over 36 weeks is less than 4 points a week. It's early days yet.

Depends on the player you are trailing
    I was 100 points behind to a competitive player this time last year
    Didn't get within 50 points of him till season end
    And the gap was in or around 100 for majority of it

That kind of a gap so early leads to points hit and catpaincy risks

So yes it is early days but in my main league if I was 100 points ahead now id be confident of winning it even if there are 36 weeks to go

Good start is half the battle and all that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

The problem with being 100 pts down is that not only do you have to take points hits to get ur team right but ur also chasing team value, they are picking up the price rises while you’re buying them at higher.
    It’s a bad time of year to have a bad run

Green&Red wrote: »
    The problem with being 100 pts down is that not only do you have to take points hits to get ur team right but ur also chasing team value, they are picking up the price rises while you’re buying them at higher.
    It’s a bad time of year to have a bad run

Well I took a -8 to avoid the price drops so I’ve .2 itb and team value 100.2 hopefully get back on track points wise this week

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Well I took a -8 to avoid the price drops so I’ve .2 itb and team value 100.2 hopefully get back on track points wise this week

Return of the Mac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

Could someone tell me why price rises are so important?

For examle I have Mane and Mendy. I will probably never sell them. So, it doesn't really make much odds to me does it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

eoghan104 wrote: »
    Could someone tell me why price rises are so important?

For examle I have Mane and Mendy. I will probably never sell them. So, it doesn't really make much odds to me does it?

You more than likely will sell them due to injury, suspension, loss of form ,blank gws, dgws .The more money you have to spend the better.. Very rare a player ends up in your team for a season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Can anyone explain this to me

I had Walker in my team before the start of the gameweek and Wan-Bissaka on the bench,Walker didnt play and i got 0 points for him on Sunday,i transfered him out for the next game week and Alonso in and Wan-Bissaka in the team for this week,now for gameweek 2 i received -2 for Bissaka being sent off when he wasn't even in my team at the start of the gameweek :confused:

Its only 2 points but it would of brought me over 90 for that week

Can anyone explain this to me

I had Walker in my team before the start of the gameweek and Wan-Bissaka on the bench,Walker didnt play and i got 0 points for him on Sunday,i transfered him out for the next game week and Alonso in and Wan-Bissaka in the team for this week,now for gameweek 2 i received -2 for Bissaka being sent off when he wasn't even in my team at the start of the gameweek :confused:

Its only 2 points but it would of brought me over 90 for that week

Wan B subbed in as Walker didn't play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Wan B subbed in as Walker didn't play.

Thanks does that usually happen?,i was on 91 with Walker not playing and now 89 because of an automatic substitution :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Thanks does that usually happen?,i was on 91 with Walker not playing and now 89 because of an automatic substitution :mad:

Happens every time. A starting player that doesn't play will be replaced by the first player on the bench who did, provided that after that sub coming in that your team still constitutes a valid formation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Bobby at home to bright ..hopefully he kicks off his season here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Wan b only one game suspension, that's good. Don't have to sell anyone in defence now.

Does anyone think pogba is worth keeping, I know he's been poor but he's getting points. Granted two penalties, but I fear he'll do something against spurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Hard to say. United look toxic atm but Pogba the only one worth keeping from them

Wan B season keeper for sure he's doing a great job for 4.0 and looks fantastic, apart from that little Salah incident he's been great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

-=al=- wrote: »
    Hard to say. United look toxic atm but Pogba the only one worth keeping from them

Wan B season keeper for sure he's doing a great job for 4.0 and looks fantastic, apart from that little Salah incident he's been great.

I had pogba a in and out of my team last year, gave a few returns but no consistency. I'll probably ship him out alright, think miki is a good choice and decent fixtures. And he's playing pretty well.

United are not something I want to consider for the moment. Arsenal have good fixtures coming up, just wish Leno would get a start, 4.9 now

Wan b is looking good, nice option for a cheap def.

Advertisement