Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

jamesbere wrote: »
    I had pogba a in and out of my team last year, gave a few returns but no consistency. I'll probably ship him out alright, think miki is a good choice and decent fixtures. And he's playing pretty well.

United are not something I want to consider for the moment. Arsenal have good fixtures coming up, just wish Leno would get a start, 4.9 now

Wan b is looking good, nice option for a cheap def.

Poor Leno*

*yes, I know its an obscure musical reference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Poor Leno*

*yes, I know its an obscure musical reference

I got it, love a bit of Norwegian electronic music ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Who will make way if Lacazette starts?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Liam2012

manual_man wrote: »
    Who will make way if Lacazette starts?

Last week I'd have said Iwobi. But could easily be Ozil now. Ramsey to come in too so not exactly crystal clear there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

It’s Ramsey definitely due back? I have him but I’m now unsure whether he is a even a guaranteed first teamer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

ShagNastii wrote: »
    It’s Ramsey definitely due back? I have him but I’m now unsure whether he is a even a guaranteed first teamer.

He was dropped vs Chelsea afaik. No injuries etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Any "previously planned early WC'ers" going to kick it out until later?

I think I'm going to push it out. Team is in decent shape and wouldn't mind giving the likes of Chelsea & Arsenal a bit of time to see if they settle on steady-ish teams. We should also know in 4/5 weeks if Salah / Kane / Hazard and a few more are absolutely necessary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I'm trying to leave mine until Liverpool games turn and see how the usual suspects are then. A couple of - 4 should see most folk through for a few weeks while saving the WC.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

PARlance wrote: »

I think I'm going to push it out. Team is in decent shape and wouldn't mind giving the likes of Chelsea & Arsenal a bit of time to see if they settle on steady-ish teams. We should also know in 4/5 weeks if Salah / Kane / Hazard and a few more are absolutely necessary.

ye im thinking of not wildcarding now. Im happy with the team i picked. A couple of marginal calls mean points wise I havent had an amazing start but in general my team is in good shape
    Hart
    mendy robertson luiz
    salah pedro richarlison fraser
    ings aguero firmino
    Fabianski lindelof wan bissaka cairney and 2 million ITB

I got in robertson and pedro for peltier and sanchez with my 2 FTs

Im on 156pts but going for firmino over mane as my 2nd liverpool attacker and then captaining salah over aguero has me a bit behind a lot of teams that have a lot more issues than I do.
    If I wildcarded it would probably just be firmino to wilson , fraser to mane or dilva and lindelof to a 4.5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Am on wildcard as had 5 or 6 changes needed.Have put out some fires and this is state of affairs now.

Have 0.2 itb with a midfield and front 3 of

Salah Mane Pedro Ricky 4.5 fodder
    Aguero Zaha Ings.

Would Salah Michi Pedro Ricky 4.5 fodder
    Same front 3 be a better way to go?.....

Even though Arsenal have lovely fixtures I’m wary of Michki being a bit inconsistent.Is that a harsh assessment of him?
    Also how nailed on to play is Pedro?
    Happy with my defence.

Really appreciate anyone’s thoughts tonight as Michki set to rise tonight and I would get him in .
    Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I’m not at liberty to say at this juncture ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I'd have expected to wildcard GW3 or 4 but I decided to be aggressive odd the back of the Aguero captaincy win and took a -8 to sort most of the deadwood and to avoid some drops/catch rises.

I think the team should be I decent shape for a few weeks now with Chelsea and arsenal attack for their superb fixtures.

Bench is ****e and Gk needs sorting but not something I ever prioritise, rarely gonna make more than 4pts difference in a GW. Plus I can play Hamer this week.

Patricio/Hamer
    TAA, Mendy, Holebas (AWB, Peltier)
    Salah, Mkhitaryan, Pedro, Richarlison (Gunnarson)
    Aguero, Auba, Arnie (Triple A)

1.5 in the bank too.

ye im thinking of not wildcarding now. Im happy with the team i picked. A couple of marginal calls mean points wise I havent had an amazing start but in general my team is in good shape
    Hart
    mendy robertson luiz
    salah pedro richarlison fraser
    ings aguero firmino
    Fabianski lindelof wan bissaka cairney and 2 million ITB

I got in robertson and pedro for peltier and sanchez with my 2 FTs

Im on 156pts but going for firmino over mane as my 2nd liverpool attacker and then captaining salah over aguero has me a bit behind a lot of teams that have a lot more issues than I do.
    If I wildcarded it would probably just be firmino to wilson , fraser to mane or dilva and lindelof to a 4.5.

Are you not concerned with having no Arsenal attackers with their upcoming fixtures ?

West Ham currently look the leagues worst team defensively.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Are you not concerned with having no Arsenal attackers with their upcoming fixtures ?

West Ham currently look the leagues worst team defensively.

I'll see how they go this week. If auba plays left or central. If lacazette comess in who misses out etc slight chance its mkhi. I have 2 million in the bank my move next week is going to be firmino out possibly for auba. If arsenal don't look good I'll downgrade firmino.

I'll see how they go this week. If auba plays left or central. If lacazette comess in who misses out etc slight chance its mkhi. I have 2 million in the bank my move next week is going to be firmino out possibly for auba. If arsenal don't look good I'll downgrade firmino.

Was willing to WC this GW for Aubameyang but similar concerns that Emery might start Lacazette centrally now with the easier games.

Mkhi in for Bilva as part of a -4 as I just had to cover them against West Ham. I’m happy to wait just one more GW. They’ll beat West Ham and the starting 11 might be clearer after that.

If Lacazette does start then Aubameyang on the left leaving Ramsey, Ozil, Mkhi and, maybe to a lesser extent, Iwobi fighting for two places.

That’s me being hopeful though. He needs a win. I think he’ll go with Aubameyang through the middle with Ramsey and Iwobi fighting for the final starting place.

I think it’ll be the same 11 starters as last week.

Sorry guys. Thought this was transfer thread.

General FPL -

Anyone find a good fixture difficulty chart that -

Updates weekly (so not looking at previous GW’s)

Clearly shows if fixture is home or away

Only uses 3-4 colours max

And even has a modicum of reality re judging the fixture difficulty although this criteria not as important

Edit- Or even one that I can screenshot that shows maybe 6-8 weeks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Yeah, I fit that category. I can’t ever remember keeping my wildcard past GW4 or 5, but I reckon I’m in good shape this year:

Foster (Hamer)
    Mendy Robertson Cedric (Wan Bissaka, Peltier)
    Salah Mkhitaryan Richarlison Fraser (Gunnarson)
    Aguero Firmino Ings

£4.5m in the bank.

Only thing I’d really change is I’d have gone Mane instead of Firmino from the off, but given Liverpool’s fixtures change soon I won’t look to make that change now.

My next move will likely be Firmino to Aubamayeng or Kane depending on how this weekend goes. I wouldn’t mind getting Chelsea attacking coverage either.

With the amount of money I have in the bank, over the next few weeks I should be able to upgrade Firmino, get some Chelsea coverage, upgrade Peltier to a playing £4.5m if necessary, swap Foster to a different keeper when their fixtures change, and maybe if I even have to take one or two hits should be able to keep the wildcard in my pocket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

General FPL -

And even has a modicum of reality re judging the fixture difficulty although this criteria not as important

FAntasy football scout free season ticker does that for 6 weeks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I listened to the scout cast from FFS, the quality has gone down big time. They've moved Mark away from it, I liked this. I know Andy posts here and I'd value his opinion and he seems like a sound lad. Az is another I really like, has different strategies to the rest and they are both viable and interesting. Jonty is grand, pulls it along well.

My main gripe is the new lad who seems to be everywhere, used to be a journalist on plymouth argyle, absolutely painful to listen to but the real issue is he has never finished inside the top 175k. How is this lad on as a opinion? If you picked a boardsie at random they'd have a few finishes better than that, I'd 6 seasons on the trot better than that and theres no way I should be paid to give an opinion.
    Apparently he's a maverick cause he gives great advise but then panics and doesn't follow it himself.
    Painful

Rant over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

General FPL -

km79 wrote: »
    FAntasy football scout free season ticker does that for 6 weeks in advance

I find this one pretty helpfull

https://public.tableau.com/profile/timbayer#!/vizhome/PremierLeagueFixtureTrackerv2/Dashboard1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

YEah I'm in that boat. Had only picked my team to last 5 weeks, but looking good at the moment sitting at 75k
    Ederson
    Mendy Robertson Alonso
    Salah Jota Richarlison Maddison
    Aguero Firmino Ings

Will hold out on the wildcard until I need to make wholesale changes to get Kane in or upgrade another midfielder. Other than that, happy enough to chop and change the players I have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Green&Red wrote: »
    I listened to the scout cast from FFS, the quality has gone down big time. They've moved Mark away from it, I liked this. I know Andy posts here and I'd value his opinion and he seems like a sound lad. Az is another I really like, has different strategies to the rest and they are both viable and interesting. Jonty is grand, pulls it along well.

My main gripe is the new lad who seems to be everywhere, used to be a journalist on plymouth argyle, absolutely painful to listen to but the real issue is he has never finished inside the top 175k. How is this lad on as a opinion? If you picked a boardsie at random they'd have a few finishes better than that, I'd 6 seasons on the trot better than that and theres no way I should be paid to give an opinion.
    Apparently he's a maverick cause he gives great advise but then panics and doesn't follow it himself.
    Painful

Rant over
    Most FPL opinions are "who did well last week, suggest people buy them". Read FFPundits watchlist this week: Buy Alonso, Ings and Miky. Thanks lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Most FPL opinions are "who did well last week, suggest people buy them". Read FFPundits watchlist this week: Buy Alonso, Ings and Miky. Thanks lads!

Scoutcast is normally good, they do get sucked in occasionally. This week its a lot about Miki and how you can't have Firmino but as a general rule they are not knee-jerk and tend to look at underlying stat.

Whats the reasoning for Firminio? Just playing bad or doesn't score enough points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Painful

Rant over

A lot of the fun of the old ones was the relationship between Mark and Granville it was fun to hear the rivalry and get the taste of the history of it. They've obviously moved on a bit now and it's tough to replace that.

Some of the people who are now being put forward as fpl "experts" is amazing people thinking they know what they are talking about because they've had a few top 1% finishes. This season there's a few new accounts set up by people off the back of a top 100k finish last year wtf! I feel like I don't have a clue what I'm doing and I've played the game since it was cyki and have lucked my way to a few decent finishes but there's no way people should listen to my advice!

Scoutcast is normally good, they do get sucked in occasionally. This week its a lot about Miki and how you can't have Firmino but as a general rule they are not knee-jerk and tend to look at underlying stat.

Yeah I like to hear jontys input on players he's one if the few people's opinions I tend to take on board. The game is all about being a dullard and looking at the numbers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Painful

Rant over

The Scoutcast is nothing without Mark imho. I have no problem with the rest of the lads, but he was always the leader, the driver and his absence is sorely lacking. Andy is a good player and I have huge time for Az.

The problem with FPL these days is that social media is full of people who have fancy sites and banners, but when you look at the advice and recommendations, many are not all that great. In some cases, it's simply being being copied. I'll name no names but a top TOP player used a term to describe a player at the start of the week when giving advice. By Friday, I heard the exact same phrase being applied to that player on 3 other FPL Twitter accounts, a website and a podcast.

I've completely narrowed my attention to four specific sources of information. I don't have the bandwidth to take in more - anyways, it just clouds judgement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I'm never followed any of the podcasts or anything myself. I believe it just clouds so much judgement. If I think player A and then the podcast says player B I'd be very conflicted. If I choose player B I'm then fuming I didn't listen to myself.

What sort of information do these guys give? A side from general bookie odds and who's on set pieces etc I wouldn't look into to much further barring OOP players. I'm playing 2 years seriously and it's a 65K finish and a 145K finish.

• Advertisement

I'm never followed any of the podcasts or anything myself. I believe it just clouds so much judgement. If I think player A and then the podcast says player B I'd be very conflicted. If I choose player B I'm then fuming I didn't listen to myself.

What sort of information do these guys give? A side from general bookie odds and who's on set pieces etc I wouldn't look into to much further barring OOP players. I'm playing 2 years seriously and it's a 65K finish and a 145K finish.

Jonty usually covers a lot of the underlying stats. On ffs he has a popular table called goals imminent which highlights which players should have scored but haven't. Instead of looking purely at fpl points like a lot do he tends to delve a little deeper which is interesting.

Advertisement