Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Found this place the best source of information too, the emotional roller coasters of the match day threads are always good craic too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Definitely the captain votes decide who I pick every week. I might have captained Mané last week had I not seen overwhelming vote for Aguero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,149 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

The mythical Ville Rönkä speaks. Puts his success down to watching a lot of games, being patient and analysing the data.

https://old.reddit.com/r/FantasyPL/comments/97ulmk/a_finnish_article_on_fpl_and_its_successful/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

The people on this forum are so knowledgeable other people find it difficult to contribute to the same level. I know myself I added to a discussion once or twice and was picked up oby someone straight away. Not complaining, they were right but I won't be as quick to offer it again.

That has never stopped me!

I don't think anyone would want for someone not to be posting. If stats aren't correct then they'll be corrected, which is good, but opinions that mightn't be the most obvious can lead to a good debate or rethink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

PARlance wrote: »

I don't think anyone would want for someone not to be posting. If stats aren't correct then they'll be corrected, which is good, but opinions that mightn't be the most obvious can lead to a good debate or rethink.

I'd agree, opinions are what make this sub forum what it is. Superb for advise and a bit of craic too. Price changes sub makes my morning tbh.

Everything else is a bonus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

PARlance wrote: »

Agreed and would second the fact it’s good to see some newer posters contributing more regularly
    Sometimes we all just tell each what we want to hear (PVA ) and it’s good to hear other perspectives

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Have been reflecting on PVA in recent days....

Current back 5 is:

PVA | Mendy | Robertson | Wan-Bissaka | Peltier

Assuming Wan-Bissaka gets his place back post suspension, I'm thinking of....

(drum roll)....

...selling PVA for Alonso and probably playing 4 at the back.

Always hate having defensive double ups and Wan-Bissaka basically seems to be PVA-lite.

Madness or potential strategic genius??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

It's more money than I'd usually have tied up in the back line, but your logic seems sound to me.

A double Palace defense is probably not sustainable in the long run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I wouldn’t be afraid of a CP double up, defensively very sound towards the end of last year

Peltier surely has to go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,576 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Cartman78 wrote: »

Current back 5 is:

(drum roll)....

Always hate having defensive double ups and Wan-Bissaka basically seems to be PVA-lite.

Your proposed back 5 is my current one. AWB/4th mid and possibly someone like Ings will rotate the final starting spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

KevIRL wrote: »
    Your proposed back 5 is my current one. AWB/4th mid and possibly someone like Ings will rotate the final starting spot.

Me too.

Is Mendy, Alonso, Roberson, Wan-B, Peltier a template already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Has Peltier defo lost his place !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Has Peltier defo lost his place !

It's odd he was left out of the squad completely for tactical reasons and the fact they kept a cleansheet without him. Seems like he is well down the pecking order, guess we'll have a better idea come the weekend

I wonder if there is more to the story, maybe he was being punished for something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Cartman78 wrote: »

Current back 5 is:

(drum roll)....

I confidently predict that by the seasons end PVA will be Wan-Bissaka-lite ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Pogue eile wrote: »
    I confidently predict that by the seasons end PVA will be Wan-Bissaka-lite ;)

Sometimes words can hurt....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Sometimes words can hurt....:(

wound even

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

budgemook wrote:
    Finished in top 2250 last year and only really go on gut, form and from what I see in games. Not a stats man at all. I haven't a clue tbh!

Top 2250?

Where exactly , 2249th?

That was funny!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Interesting from Klopp albeit quite obvious from watching Liverpool already.

Might be the final nail in the coffin for Firmino owners
    “Sadio's a very consistent player for us. His work-rate is great,” the manager added.

“We have a very strange 4-5-1 formation with Sadio as a midfielder, Bobby [Roberto Firmino] being a midfielder more or less and Mo [Salah] being a striker, even though he plays in a little different position.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/sadio-mane-more-dangerous-ever-13127959?1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

siblers wrote: »
    It's odd he was left out of the squad completely for tactical reasons and the fact they kept a cleansheet without him. Seems like he is well down the pecking order, guess we'll have a better idea come the weekend

I wonder if there is more to the story, maybe he was being punished for something

Wouldn't give his boss a cut of his appearance fee? Allegedly, allegedly!
    A accusation thrown at Warnock in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Heaton started for Burnley against Olympiakos last night too. Wondering if I'll use my active WC to take Hart out now rather than use a transfer on a GK which I'm loathe to do unless they pick up a long term injury.

• Advertisement

Press conference times:

Howe - 9 am
    Warnock - 9:30 am
    Wagner - 12:30 pm
    Pochettino - 12:30 pm
    Nuno - 1 pm
    Sarri - 1:15 pm
    Hodgson - 1:30 pm
    Klopp - 1:30 pm
    Guardiola - 1:30 pm
    Mourinho 1:30 pm
    Benitez - 1:30 pm
    Gracia - 5 pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Am on WC
    Currently have 0.2 itb
    Ederson Hamer
    Mendy Robertson Alonso W Bas Stankovic
    Salah Mane Pedro Rich Guendouzi
    Aguero Zaha Ings

Is Stankovic one of the more nailed on 4m defenders?
    Same question about Guendouzi as a 4.5m?
    Open to suggestions on alternative players.

Will be playing 3:4:3 most weeks.
    Want to lock in ‘safe’ bench fodder that are unlikely to lose value.
    Thanks for any opinions on my picks.

Am on WC
    Currently have 0.2 itb
    Ederson Hamer
    Augero Zaha Ings

Stankovic isn’t nailed but Guendouzi looks more nailed.

Stephens, Westwood and Mendy at Leicester look good to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭IK09

Interesting to see some ‘new’ posters names coming up this Season,they must be longtime lurkers and coming out of the closet this year😀

Admittedly I would not have posted every gameweek over last few seasons but have a decent record of asking questions and offering answers/opinions to other forum posters.
    That should be the spirit of a forum like this.
    Personally it pisses me off when you see lads coming in at end of GW 38 saying how they came in top 10k in OR......yet never contribute to the forum all season.

I always think to myself ‘mmmmm.....did they really come in top 10k or it just an internet Willy waving effort😜

I'm not new, but I hold my tongue until I have something worth contributing. I'm the guy who called Harry Kane's rise to fame while Adebayor was starting for Spurs. I'll wait until I have something of value to add to the forum before posting. Otherwise it's just more noise, and nobody likes reading through noise.

Stankovic isn’t nailed but Guendouzi looks more nailed.

Stephens, Westwood and Mendy at Leicester look good to me.

Stephens is going to drop to 4.4 soon. If on a wildcard I would rather go with Westwood or Mendy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

IK09 wrote: »
    I'm not new, but I hold my tongue until I have something worth contributing. I'm the guy who called Harry Kane's rise to fame while Adebayor was starting for Spurs. I'll wait until I have something of value to add to the forum before posting. Otherwise it's just more noise, and nobody likes reading through noise.

Sounds a bit like a catch 22. Because if you're not posting noise nobody will recognize your username so when you do post something that could be extremely good. It won't hold the same weight as a well known poster posting it if that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Am on WC
    Currently have 0.2 itb
    Ederson Hamer
    Aguero Zaha Ings

Looks good. I like the Zaha pick, Palaces fixtures are nice. I'd be worried by a lack of Arsenal cover for their good run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭IK09

Sounds a bit like a catch 22. Because if you're not posting noise nobody will recognize your username so when you do post something that could be extremely good. It won't hold the same weight as a well known poster posting it if that makes sense.

Ya I understand what you're saying. I prefer the sniper approach over the shotgun approach. I'm not looking for followers lol.

IK09 wrote: »
    Ya I understand what you're saying. I prefer the sniper approach over the shotgun approach. I'm not looking for followers lol.

The only thing is conversation breathes conversation I'll probably post a bit of ****e here but at least we will all learn something when the more knowledgeable posters tell me I'm wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Am on WC
    Currently have 0.2 itb
    Ederson Hamer
    Aguero Zaha Ings

Stankovic could well be dropped again this weekend, he was covering for someone (can't remember who)

Advertisement