Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Green&Red wrote: »
    Stankovic could well be dropped again this weekend, he was covering for someone (can't remember who)

Zanka I think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭Brian201888

razorblunt wrote: »
    Heaton started for Burnley against Olympiakos last night too. Wondering if I'll use my active WC to take Hart out now rather than use a transfer on a GK which I'm loathe to do unless they pick up a long term injury.

Started and conceded 3, I think Hart is likely to be number 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

IK09 wrote: »
    I'm not new, but I hold my tongue until I have something worth contributing. I'm the guy who called Harry Kane's rise to fame while Adebayor was starting for Spurs. I'll wait until I have something of value to add to the forum before posting. Otherwise it's just more noise, and nobody likes reading through noise.
    IK09 wrote: »
    Im thinkin of bring in Kane in GW4.
    He played only 10mins last week and did very well when he came on, getting an assist and Spurs looked more confident. He also bagged a goal last night in the Europa league (as did Soldado...but Kane got the winner). He featured to a small extent towards the end of last season and also did quite well. I can see him making some sub appearances until GW4.

After Spurs play LFC, Im an LFC fan but looking at it objectively I think LFC should win and also should not concede. Kane will be given a chance to prove himself capable of producing in the premier league against weaker opposition (Sunderland) and all going according to plan, he should start against West Brom. I know this is all "if's and buts", but i think the guy will show his worth this season.

If you are currently playing with 2 strikers, (which I am, I doubt many are) hes fairly risk free to have on your bench at 5m and with only 25,000 people owning him has the potential to make some points and money.

This is all theory and feelings. There is no science to this whatsoever, i am not ITK, these are just my opinions. Feel free to burst my bubble (especially Spurs fans).

Those were the days, I got him at 4.8 that season. Think he'd already had a rise too, was 4.7 at one point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭IK09

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Those were the days, I got him at 4.8 that season. Think he'd already had a rise too, was 4.7 at one point.

Jesus, Didn't realise I wrote an essay about it. Haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,576 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Shedite27 wrote: »

Think 4.8 was the lowest. Him and Perez were 4.8, I remember picking Perez but transferring to Kane the following week and riding the wave from then on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

This forum appears to have found it's feet over the years. I remember there being plenty of teething issues when it first started and while there still is a bit of noise it looks like a very useful resource.

I 'retired' after FSA's first full season as I got a little consumed by the game back then but decided to create a team an hour before the season started this year. I don't recognise too many names from those days.

Out of curiosity has it attracted a following beyond active boards.ie users?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

For all you sticking with King this week unlike me, here's a stat you'll like to see:

Josh King has been directly involved in 6 goals in 7 league meetings with Everton, producing 3 goals and 3 assists.

Does anywhere give you a breakdown in % of the different formations used in a week.

I'm curious from a squad building POV,

S.M.B. wrote: »
    This forum appears to have found it's feet over the years. I remember there being plenty of teething issues when it first started and while there still is a bit of noise it looks like a very useful resource.

I 'retired' after FSA's first full season as I got a little consumed by the game back then but decided to create a team an hour before the season started this year. I don't recognise too many names from those days.

Out of curiosity has it attracted a following beyond active boards.ie users?

I think most of the old heads are still here. Apart old carlcon and roryc of course. Those were the days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

RoryC "hilter" rant was peak FSA.

• Advertisement

PARlance wrote: »
    RoryC "hilter" rant was peak FSA.

Good times, tbf to him he took it well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Stankovic isn’t nailed but Guendouzi looks more nailed.

Stephens, Westwood and Mendy at Leicester look good to me.

Firstly sorry for long post!:)
    Thanks lads for yere replies,firstly on Midfield 4.5 bench fodder ye reckon Guendouzi prob ok but I wonder might likes of Khaka take his place?

Might be safer with someone like Mendy(O.6% owned) than likes of Stephens (9.1% owned)....Westwood at 0.4% owned.

Unless I read posts wrong defence wise ye reckon Stankovic not fully nailed on as was replacing Zanka.Which other pretty nailed on 4.0 defenders look ‘safe’?.
    in terms of ownership you have Bennett 6.9
    Simpson5.3
    Suttner 7.1
    Schellotto 2.1
    If not going with Stankovic which of those four looks safest not to lose value and is in a functioning defence.

Regarding my WC team someone wondered why I had no Arsenal cover with their nice run of fixtures...my gut tells me that while I would love to have Mickey Ryan he is very inconsistent,but can always downgrade Mane to him.

Thanks again for any thoughts on my bench fodder choices for WC....will be locking it in today because have to go to a function tonight....so all opinions welcome:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Eoghan_2 wrote: »
    Started and conceded 3, I think Hart is likely to be number 1

Yeah, there's chat Heaton hasn't hit the ground running since the summer anyway, I used an extra 1mm though and took on Alisson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Klopp:

“We have a very strange 4-5-1 formation with Sadio as a midfielder, Bobby being a midfielder more or less, and Mo being a striker.”

Neil Warnock on strike options Kenneth Zohore, Gary Madine and Danny Ward: "In the next few games, I think I'm probably going to try all of them." Warnock sees Bobby Reid as being most effective "in midfield, behind the striker".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

It’s kinda like a 4312 And Firmino Is the 1

Curse of the false 9 I guess. Gives salah and Mane the space to run into and Keita is amazing dribbling at the defense too

Stephens prob the best nailed mid when he’s 4.4

And Zanka should be back soon so Bennett seems like the best 4.0. Peltier May have been dropped but find out more this weekend (y)

Maurizio Sarri says that Eden Hazard is ready for 50 or 60 minutes on Sunday, although he does not know if he can manage 90 minutes.

-=al=- wrote: »
    It’s kinda like a 4312 And Firmino Is the 1

Curse of the false 9 I guess. Gives salah and Mane the space to run into and Keita is amazing dribbling at the defense too

Stephens prob the best nailed mid when he’s 4.4

And Zanka should be back soon so Bennett seems like the best 4.0. Peltier May have been dropped but find out more this weekend (y)

Wagner has confirmed Zanka is fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

The one thing i really like about this forum is the civility compared to others especially the soccer forum which is quite poisonous and where nearly every thread descends into Utd vs Liverpool or barstoolers vs LOI.
    I’m a stats fan and like to throw a few out there to help out, and if I give my opinion which I rarely do and if it is wrong it is criticised fairly which is more likely to be taken notice of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Maurizio Sarri says that Eden Hazard is ready for 50 or 60 minutes on Sunday, although he does not know if he can manage 90 minutes.

I'm guessing Willian makes way. I wouldn't put Pedro as 100% safe though. Kovacic will be a starter too I guess I wonder will he be a tempting fpl asset if as expected his role is quite advanced.

• Advertisement

Hodgson: "Max Meyer is ready to start. Max, Kouyaté, Ayew and Guaita are all ready and can probably count themselves unlucky that they haven't yet."

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

If anyone thinks they spend too much time playing FPL, check out this league. Consists of about 4/5 guys with around 100 teams each. Ridiculous

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/leagues/standings/222783/classic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Hodgson: "Max Meyer is ready to start. Max, Kouyaté, Ayew and Guaita are all ready and can probably count themselves unlucky that they haven't yet."

I've a bad feeling Meyer is coming in for Schlupp

And Guaita could be coming in for Hennessey.

CSWS101 wrote: »
    If anyone thinks they spend too much time playing FPL, check out this league. Consists of about 4/5 guys with around 100 teams each. Ridiculous

That crap needs to be reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Boots234

Anybody think Lacazette could play this weekend and for their next run of games? Have just enough to get him in for Tosun

KevIRL wrote: »
    I think most of the old heads are still here. Apart old carlcon and roryc of course. Those were the days.
    There's two names I recognise. Things got very tense at times from what I remember.

Myself and yourself have competed across multiple forums!

Good chance of that happening. Could mean Zaha plays further back and on the left too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

That crap needs to be reported.

I sent FPL an email with the link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

CSWS101 wrote: »

How the hell would you even keep track of 100 teams, never mind that you'd need a different email address for each account? Madness.

Advertisement