Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

How the hell would you even keep track of 100 teams, never mind that you'd need a different email address for each account? Madness.

I guess they'll just scattergun a load of teams, see which is the highest ranked of the lot in their league after a few weeks, and then just run with that one.

They'll have at least one team in the top 200k after a few gameweeks without any effort, and take it from there.

edit: Also, I wonder is there a market for selling login details to a decent team after a month or so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,314 ✭✭✭Invincible

elefant wrote: »
    I guess they'll just scattergun a load of teams, see which is the highest ranked of the lot in their league after a few weeks, and then just run with that one.

They'll have at least one team in the top 200k after a few gameweeks without any effort, and take it from there.

edit: Also, I wonder is there a market for selling login details to a decent team after a month or so?

Are ya thinking of selling or looking to buy?! ðŸ˜

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,314 ✭✭✭Invincible

CSWS101 wrote: »
    If anyone thinks they spend too much time playing FPL, check out this league. Consists of about 4/5 guys with around 100 teams each. Ridiculous

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/leagues/standings/222783/classic

That's mad, they must have a program developed for managing/transfers for those teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

Sorry for the slightly OT question but what's the earliest highlights show available to watch on a Saturday. Going to be at a loose end from 7 onwards and was hoping to catch a highlights show. I know MOTD is 10.30 but is there any English speaking highlights show on earlier?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Invincible wrote: »

That's mad, they must have a program developed for managing/transfers for those teams.

More likely they don't think too much about it. Quickly do different types of transfers for them. Likely not bother with the many teams which will have started miserably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

RTE 7:30? I think used to be back in the day afaik

RTE 7:30? I think used to be back in the day afaik

They lost the rights a few years back sadly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Prefer not to have players up against each other where possible so this week have to decide on the Bournemouth v Everton match...

Fraser & Daniels or Coleman & Ricky?

With Wan-Bissaka out i have to play 2 of them...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Start Mata or Kabasele this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Dice75 wrote:
    Prefer not to have players up against each other where possible so this week have to decide on the Bournemouth v Everton match...

Dice75 wrote:
    Fraser & Daniels or Coleman & Ricky?

Dice75 wrote:
    With Wan-Bissaka out i have to play 2 of them...

Ricky for definite anyways

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

-=al=- wrote: »
    It’s kinda like a 4312 And Firmino Is the 1

Curse of the false 9 I guess. Gives salah and Mane the space to run into and Keita is amazing dribbling at the defense too

Stephens prob the best nailed mid when he’s 4.4

And Zanka should be back soon so Bennett seems like the best 4.0. Peltier May have been dropped but find out more this weekend (y)

Hiya....is your point about Stephens and Bennett in response to my post wondering which are safest bench fodder lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

This post has been deleted.

If you have BT Sports, I'm pretty sure they do something at 8pm Saturday nights.

Benimar wrote: »
    If you have BT Sports, I'm pretty sure they do something at 8pm Saturday nights.

Perfect. Wasn't sure if that was a chat show or a highlights show. I'll take a look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Perfect. Wasn't sure if that was a chat show or a highlights show. I'll take a look

Eir Sport do a highlights show as well. On slightly earlier than MOTD. Not exactly sure when it starts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Hiya....is your point about Stephens and Bennett in response to my post wondering which are safest bench fodder lads?

Yeah. Wan-B and Bennett seem to be the best 4.0 defender lads. Peltier may have been dropped for tactical reasons and Stephens, if he goes to 4.4 would be handy to have at that price... or Westwood for 4.5 might have a chance of a CS point with Burnley, but the EL is tough on them. not too sold on Guendouzi but the fixtures aren't bad if he can keep his spot

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭letsgo2018

Robertson or Trippier?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

letsgo2018 wrote: »
    Robertson or Trippier?

Robertson obviously :)

But its your call. At home to Brighton...

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭letsgo2018

wonski wrote: »
    Robertson obviously :)

But its your call. At home to Brighton...

I know hes a better shout for this week but I was asking in terms of the season on a whole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

If anyone thinks they spend too much time playing FPL, check out this league. Consists of about 4/5 guys with around 100 teams each. Ridiculous

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/leagues/standings/222783/classic

That's ridiculous. Still even with all those teams top has a rank of 350k lol! There must be someone selling software to manage a load of teams somewhere no way there's all these people doing it manually. The number of people with 10+ teams seems to have exploded possibly due to the tweak to the rules on weekly prizes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

letsgo2018 wrote: »
    I know hes a better shout for this week but I was asking in terms of the season on a whole

It really wasn't that clear from your post surprisingly! I'd say Robertson over any length of time personally. Maybe once we know for sure that Trippier is going to be on a decent number of set pieces he'll be the better option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

http://twitter.com/pvanaanholt/status/1033051334776430595

He comes across very very well on twitter
    Dont think he takes life or defending too seriously LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

By "3 pts", he means an assist obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Mike3549

By "3 pts", he means an assist obviously.

Bps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭caviardreams

jimmii wrote: »
    It really wasn't that clear from your post surprisingly! I'd say Robertson over any length of time personally. Maybe once we know for sure that Trippier is going to be on a decent number of set pieces he'll be the better option.

I am always a little in fear of full back rotation with Spurs too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Mike3549 wrote: »
    Bps?

PVA always favours attacking returns over bps.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

3 pts as in a Palace win.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

F1ngers wrote: »
    3 pts as in a Palace win.

Really? :P

9nohQh4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Really? :P

9nohQh4.jpg
    Ruthless haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭blackwave

Guardian's teamsheets are always a little suspect but that takes beating :rolleyes: I just rely on the scout's predicted lines and paying attention to what managers say in the press conference.

Advertisement