Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Mark Sutherns has played his wildcard.

He has compiled 2 proposed draft teams.

The first one IMO is worse than his current side and there’s an argument there regarding his second one.

Lots of players he moved on were dropping in value and lots of players he wanted were rising so I can’t really blame him as he has saved near enough a million in value.

Interesting one. He probably could have gotten close to where he wants to be with a -8 this week and a -4 next week though.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭blackwave

Paully D wrote: »
    Mark Sutherns has played his wildcard.

He has compiled 2 proposed draft teams.

The first one IMO is worse than his current side and there’s an argument there regarding his second one.

Lots of players he moved on were dropping in value and lots of players he wanted were rising so I can’t really blame him as he has saved near enough a million in value.

Interesting one. He probably could have gotten close to where he wants to be with a -8 this week and a -4 next week though.

Yeah it was interesting, I liked the second team more but I don't get his obsession with the cheap Arsenal midfielder as I think there are better options out there. I think you are right that well-planned hits would have sorted him out and as Jonty pointed out he will find it tough to get Kane in should he start firing goals in soon. However, he has had a woeful start, think he benched Mendy on the first gameweek which meant that he had something like 30 points on his bench in the first week. So maybe he felt that he just needed a clean break with a wildcard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Surprised he used it so early on, it must have been a mess.

I ended up doing a -8 this week at 4k due to missing the Alonso rise on Sunday but couldn't justify doing a wc with 2 ft.

Interesting weekend ahead indeed!

gl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

CSWS101 wrote: »

Does Jamie Jackson work for Guardian?

Just asking for a friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

CSWS101 wrote: »

I think we can ignore Guardian from now on :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

wonski wrote: »
    Does Jamie Jackson work for Guardian?

Just asking for a friend.

Yes and they are notoriously bad for team news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

km79 wrote: »
    Yes and they are notoriously bad for team news

Away to Wolves and they didnt think Fernandinho would start.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Dice75 wrote: »
    Away to Wolves and they didnt think Fernandinho would start.....

Likewise D Silva I think? Sound like a bunch of muppets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Any idea why adam Smith isn't suspended?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Any idea why adam Smith isn't suspended?

Only a 1 match ban as it wasn’t violent conduct so he’ll serve the ban for the league cup match midweek and be available again for premier league at the weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Only a 1 match ban as it wasn’t violent conduct so he’ll serve the ban for the league cup match midweek and be available again for premier league at the weekend

Ah thanks for pointing that out lads - thought I had no option but to transfer him out - can reassess now.

Getting Zaha in for King so don't have the money for Walcott - any thoughts on Bernard as option for next 2 games?

I'm loathe to miss out on those next 2 Everton fixtures..

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Anyone know where I could watch MOTD online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

El festino wrote: »
    Anyone know where I could watch MOTD online?

Google ‘watch MOTD onlie’ - top 2/3 results all have links.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

David Luiz is nailed on yeh? Need to get Chelsea cover for their next two fixtures. Luiz 5.5 I can afford Rudiger but rather bank the extra 0.5m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

David Luiz is nailed on yeh? Need to get Chelsea cover for their next two fixtures. Luiz 5.5 I can afford Rudiger but rather bank the extra 0.5m

Alonso looks essential at this stage. I kept thinking his returns would end last season and didn’t get him in. This year I haven’t made the same mistake and got him in for this GW.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Alonso looks essential at this stage. I kept thinking his returns would end last season and didn’t get him in. This year I haven’t made the same mistake and got him in for this GW.

Can't afford unfortunately and don't want to wildcard

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

His statue like defending for the first goal would not fill you with confidence so I could see him getting dropped for Christensen soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Can't afford unfortunately and don't want to wildcard

He will outscore any other Chelsea defender by 9 points today. There is no-one who can’t be afforded in this game. That’s why you have 100 mil!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I think I brought him in some point last season and he didn’t do too much, but done a -8 to get him him this week and might have gotten away with it.... Especially with Mitro doing well today too.

3/3 double digit returns is very impressive for a defender, can he make it 4/4?

Not sure if Luiz covers him as his attacking returns are what he’s in for. The clean sheets are optional!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,576 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Overall leader has used

BB week 1 - 119 points
    WC week 2 - 119 points
    FH week 3 - 71 points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

KevIRL wrote: »
    Overall leader has used

BB week 1 - 119 points
    WC week 2 - 119 points
    FH week 3 - 71 points.

Succeeded in what he wanted to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

dsmythy wrote: »
    Succeeded in what he wanted to do.

I’d be happy with those chip scores

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

KevIRL wrote: »
    Overall leader has used

BB week 1 - 119 points
    WC week 2 - 119 points
    FH week 3 - 71 points.

Has to be TC next week, Aguero home to Newcastle

With Hazard back starting the annoying, and predictable, rotation between Pedro and Willian has started.

Will maybe take another 2-3 weeks before Sarri realises Willian is much the better player which is annoying as a Pedro owner.

Will leave Pedro in for another 3-4 weeks and see what happens.

Just watching MOTD now.

Just seen the Richarlison red. Fairly pathetic. Thought Smith was a prick for walking up to him.

Was delighted to see Smith sent off after his involvement in the Richarlison red.

I haven't seen it yet. Is it appeal worthy? He could then miss 1 game which would just be the league Cup I think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

There’s not a hope in hell that would get overturned on appeal IMO.

It was soft but idiotic.

I haven't seen it yet. Is it appeal worthy? He could then miss 1 game which would just be the league Cup I think?

He technically deserved it but you’ll struggle to see a softer red this season.

The kind of one in hindsight where you’d have preferred to deck him and take the red.

He technically deserved it but you’ll struggle to see a softer red this season.

The kind of one in hindsight where you’d have preferred to deck him and take the red.

Dang.

Well guess I'll just hope he drops in price again whilst Walcott rises.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Just watching MOTD now.

Just seen the Richarlison red. Fairly pathetic. Thought Smith was a prick for walking up to him.

Was delighted to see Smith sent off after his involvement in the Richarlison red.

Nobody made Richarlison push his head into Smith though. His own fault and fully deserved the 3 match bad for an idiotic move.

Advertisement