Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Islander13 wrote: »
    No Mane is the only glaring downside I see

Is no Mane a glaring downside these days? I need to drop him to fit in Trippier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

3 Mane posts in a row...
    macraignil wrote: »
    Currently thinking that most defenses are expecting the Salah threat this season and Mane might be as good an option for captain from Liverpool.
    I don't think this is what's happening at all. Mané's simply taking his chances whereas Salah is not.

As for Mane being a glaring omission from my example 5x premium FBs team. Are many people looking to get through the next 4/5 ganeweeeks with both Salah and Mané? Seems like a lot to invest in the Liverpool attack given their difficult run of upcoming fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

Hazard in for salah anyone?

Have you watched Hazard the last two years? Underperforms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Mane has a 40% shot conversion percentage. That sort of figure is completely unsustainable, even for the world’s elite strikers. The only question is how long it continues before the inevitable regression.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Paully D wrote: »
    Mane has a 40% shot conversion percentage. That sort of figure is completely unsustainable, even for the world’s elite strikers. The only question is how long it continues before the inevitable regression.

Agreed - Still though nice to have him while his price is flying up. You wouldn't want to be without him with so many others having him on this form.

Running wayyyy above xG

vxjUyO.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Big Borg wrote: »

Hmm you're right, he hasn't exactly lit up the premier league, flashes but they don't last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭boccy23

Hmm you're right, he hasn't exactly lit up the premier league, flashes but they don't last.

The problem is a part from Alonso, who else in the Chelsea team can you count on?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

boccy23 wrote: »
    The problem is a part from Alonso, who else in the Chelsea team can you count on?

Burnnnn :pac: No one is the answer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

He’s a former PFA player of the year.. Still the best player in the league when on full form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Ederson's wife is due to give birth tomorrow...let's hope she's on time or I may not have a keeper for the weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Big Borg wrote: »
    Hazard in for salah anyone?

Under Conte we've seen him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Ederson's wife is due to give birth tomorrow...let's hope she's on time or I may not have a keeper for the weekend!

On time?:D
    Yeah babies co-operate...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

On time?:D
    Yeah babies co-operate...

I saw somewhere that only 4% of births arrive on the due date so it will likely be the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

I saw somewhere that only 4% of births arrive on the due date so it will likely be the weekend.

Or next week, or the week after. No telling with babies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Is there any statistic that we won't use/look up to better our chances in FPL? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Is there any statistic that we won't use/look up to better our chances in FPL? :D

To be fair I didn’t look it up, it was said on a TV series I was watching a few nights ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Ederson scored 9 months ago. So surely he scores this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭budgemook

Paully D wrote: »

That's Mane out for me so. What source did you use for this data?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Ederson scored 9 months ago. So surely he scores this weekend?
    But he didn't keep a clean sheet ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Or next week, or the week after. No telling with babies.

Taken it to a new level now guys!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

gammygils wrote: »

You're not too worried about the clean sheet when you score

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭COH

gammygils wrote: »
    manual_man wrote: »
    You're not too worried about the clean sheet when you score

He def wasn't playing in the muck anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I hear he's still playing the field

https://twitter.com/City_Chief/status/1039898367105658881?s=19

Here's to the 4%...good man Henrique!

Definitely going to do the baby cradle celebration when he scores now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Eder has son...

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/11495172/harry-kanes-form-is-under-scrutiny-and-the-stats-reveal-whats-changed

"Harry Kane's shot numbers have dropped but why is it happening and what does it mean?"

Well I did it I brought in hazard for salah and also brought in robertson for daniels.

de gea
    alonso ake robertson duffy
    mane hazard costa
    Auguero Aub ings

Subs: lossl,zanka,dier,gunnarsson

What do ye think? I'll probably captain Hazard I guess, knowing my luck now salah will get a hattrick and hazard will do feck all :rolleyes:.

Well I did it I brought in hazard for salah and also brought in robertson for daniels.

de gea
    alonso ake robertson duffy
    mane hazard costa
    Auguero Aub ings

Subs: lossl,zanka,dier,gunnarsson

What do ye think? I'll probably captain Hazard I guess, knowing my luck now salah will get a hattrick and hazard will do feck all :rolleyes:.

Downgrade Lossl for Hamer. You'll play DDG every week and you'll save an extra 0.5 could upgrade dier then

• Advertisement

When does VAR kick in proper ?

Gonna be a boring first year with all FPL managers buying all the penalty takers.

If it was this season I’d have started with the likes of Gross, Ralls, Milivojevic, Mooy and Neves.

All players I wouldn’t normally ever own but 100% would have owned them from GW 1 if VAR was this season.

Advertisement