Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I shifted Salah & Firmino for Kane/Mane. Liverpool have been pretty poor with Mane the only attacker justifying his price. Salah is just way too expensive right now. He will get lots of points but right now is not worth the money. With the extra funds my team looks pretty good,

McCarthy

Alonso - Mendy - Robertson

Pedro - D Silva - Mane - Fraser

Ings - Kane - Aguero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

When does VAR kick in proper ?

Gonna be a boring first year with all FPL managers buying all the penalty takers.

If it was this season I’d have started with the likes of Gross, Ralls, Milivojevic, Mooy and Neves.

All players I wouldn’t normally ever own but 100% would have owned them from GW 1 if VAR was this season.

Not sure when it kicks in to be honest. Probably next year? It'll be a cheap defense year anyway. Clean sheets won't be often so will be picking the assiters I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Press conference times:

Hughes - 9am
    Pochettino - 12:30pm
    Emery - 1pm
    Hughton - 1:30pm
    Hodgson - 1:30pm
    Puel - 1:30pm
    Jokanovic - 2pm

Hughes says the international break has benefitted Danny Ings regarding his foot blister. "We don't anticipate he'll have any problems from this point onwards."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

When does VAR kick in proper ?

Gonna be a boring first year with all FPL managers buying all the penalty takers.

If it was this season I’d have started with the likes of Gross, Ralls, Milivojevic, Mooy and Neves.

All players I wouldn’t normally ever own but 100% would have owned them from GW 1 if VAR was this season.

Unless they react by making goals from penalties less valuable.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Zanka or Duffy to include in team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Hughes says the international break has benefitted Danny Ings regarding his foot blister. "We don't anticipate he'll have any problems from this point onwards."
    Well he didn't have any feckin' problem 12 days ago when he played 77 minutes, scored a goal and bagged 2 bonus points so not quite sure why he'd have a problem now.

clearly not bitter about my decision to bench ings last gameweek based on concerns that he'd be sat on the bench resting his feet and would only come on if a goal was needed late in the game

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Well he didn't have any feckin' problem 12 days ago when he played 77 minutes, scored a goal and bagged 2 bonus points so not quite sure why he'd have a problem now.

clearly not bitter about my decision to bench ings last gameweek based on concerns that he'd be sat on the bench resting his feet and would only come on if a goal was needed late in the game

I was in the same boat. Lost out on Danny Boy’s points due to Mkhitaryan coming on in the last minute.

Zanka or Duffy to include in team?

Zanka

Press conference times:

Howe - 9am
    Warnock - 9:30am
    Mourinho - 10am
    Klopp - 10:30am
    Wagner - 12pm
    Pellegrini - 12:45pm
    Nuno - 1pm
    Dyche - 1:15pm
    Sarri - 1:15pm
    Silva - 1:30pm
    Guardiola - 1:30pm
    Benitez - 1:30pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Who do you play this week:
    Wan-B (Huddersfield away)
    Mitrovic (City away)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,576 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Mitrovic (City away)

Mitrovic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Mitrovic (City away)

Both IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Mitrovic (City away)
    KevIRL wrote: »
    Mitrovic.
    Both IMO

Same dilemma (assuming Walcott doesn't start). Going for AWB, but one of those toss ups where I might have a look at the bookies odds (Mitro anytime vs Palace cleany) to guide me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Morzadec wrote: »
    Same dilemma (assuming Walcott doesn't start). Going for AWB, but one of those toss ups where I might have a look at the bookies odds (Mitro anytime vs Palace cleany) to guide me

Wan B expected points is 3.88
    Mitrovic expected points is 3.23

Personally I prefer Mitro

Bookies would back up going for AWB.

Palace cleany at 13/8 and a Mitrovic anytime goal at 10/3.

Of course Mitrovic can score more than one goal while Palace can only keep one cleany, but there's potential for an assist from AWB too.

I think he's overall more likely to return points

How likely in Mikhtaryan to start?

I'm wary of another 1-pointer from him and have some decent options on the bench.

But then again, if I'm not going to start him away to Newcastle I should almost just consider transferring him out...

I'm wary of another 1-pointer from him and have some decent options on the bench.

But then again, if I'm not going to start him away to Newcastle I should almost just consider transferring him out...

He's not in some expected lineups I've been seeing. I'd transfer him out if I was you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭kennethrhcp

would you start Neves (BUR) or WanBis (hud)… already starting PvA.

*currently on Neves

Aguero now the most selected player with 51.9% ownership.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Aguero now the most selected player with 51.9% ownership.

It was fun while it lasted
    Might sell him now and get Kane in

Joking

For now )
    ;)

OOP 4.5 mid?

Warnock: "[Our] best strike force is Danny Ward and Bobby Reid at the moment."

Warnock: "We haven’t got to rush Gunnarsson back. He could be involved at the weekend if I wanted him to, but I’m not sure I want him to."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

OOP 4.5 mid?

Warnock: "[Our] best strike force is Danny Ward and Bobby Reid at the moment."

Warnock: "We haven’t got to rush Gunnarsson back. He could be involved at the weekend if I wanted him to, but I’m not sure I want him to."

Never knew Ward was a mid. Straight in my wc team

would you start Neves (BUR) or WanBis (hud)… already starting PvA.

*currently on Neves

Would go Wan B personally.

You're hoping for a long-shot or direct free-kick with Neves really, he doesn't get that far forward, just has a wand of a right foot. I think he's performing above his expected points so far and will regress to mean.

Palace have a good shot at a cleany against Huds and I'd even venture to say Wan B is roughly as likely (or maybe more so) as getting an assist as Neves (who got 1 in 42 matches last season)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Fantasy football assists and actual assists are different.

I'd wager that if the championship was in fpl he Neves would have far more than 1 assist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

I got rid of him for Maddison.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

threein99 wrote: »
    I got rid of him for Maddison.
    Would you take a hit to get Mkhitaryan out though? I have Wan B to come in for him if I don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Would you take a hit to get Mkhitaryan out though? I have Wan B to come in for him if I don't.

No I probably wouldn't, but hes annoyingly going to play at least a minute like the last time, so having a bench replacement to come in isn't much use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

threein99 wrote: »
    No I probably wouldn't, but hes annoyingly going to play at least a minute like the last time, so having a bench replacement to come in isn't much use.
    Well I have WanB starting as is. Guess I'll wait to see if I hear anything else before deadline. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

For those with and considering Shaw - Mod edit: No rumours - you back this up with proof.

Advertisement