Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Started putting a few drafts together....worth noting that Baines is "only" 5.5m....scored relatively heavily towards the end of last season iirc and still on pens.

Also Clyne played RB today and looked sharp according to my sources....could limit TAA gametime possibly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Started putting a few drafts together....worth noting that Baines is "only" 5.5m....scored relatively heavily towards the end of last season iirc and still on pens.

Also Clyne played RB today and looked sharp according to my sources....could limit TAA gametime possibly

Everton are looking a left back so won't be a guaranteed starter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,509 ✭✭✭✭CSF

km79 wrote: »
    If he gets a transfer to a top 4 team ( for one his own sake he should stay where he is for a season ) he will at best be a reverse OOP starter . And possibly not even a starter
    Well I did say as a starter. If he isn't a starter as a moot point.

However, at 7 million and his extremely direct attacking style of play, I reckon I would be happy enough to accept the OOP. His equivalent midfielder at those teams is about 9-9.5 million IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

CSF wrote: »
    Well I did say as a starter. If he isn't a starter as a moot point.

However, at 7 million and his extremely direct attacking style of play, I reckon I would be happy enough to accept the OOP. His equivalent midfielder at those teams is about 9-9.5 million IMO.

Last seasons top 4
    City - no chance
    United - no chance
    Liverpool - would be a good fit imo but I don’t think they are looking to strengthen in that area
    Spurs - this is who he has been linked with I believe . He would share game time with the likes of son

Expanding it to top 6
    Chelsea - Hazard plays in his normal position but they also have 2 immobile forwards so a possibility but I’ve not seen them linked
    Arsenal - id be very interested if he moved there

In short though I think it will be spurs or stay put. And I believe he will stay one more year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Do Fulham really only have 12 players at the moment, including 2 defenders? Sorry, really don't know much about them apart from sessegnon.

I checked their team on Wikipedia a few days ago. I think they have 18 first team players at the moment. Just a case of FPL being lazy not adding the full complement of players. I might pop them an email soon about adding more players.

• Advertisement

Yeah, but at 7.0 he could still end up a great option, particularly if he gets a transfer into the top 4 as a starter.

Zaha now OOP has very very limited appeal.

Moving away from Palace would see any appeal drop even further.

He’ll not even make one of my draft teams regardless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭caviardreams

There is very little around that price range though - if he stayed at palace at least he is guaranteed minutes and a good attacking option and Palace have a decent start fixture wise iirc. I would not be going for him if he moved, as there would be a big rotation risk. Seems like very few mid/low range striking options this year. Tosun maybe depending what happens at Everton transfer-wise.

To a degree I’m going to try and avoid looking at fixtures too much.

It hasn’t overly helped me in the past bar the very obvious.

Southampton’s opening fixtures last season didn’t pan out as expected iirc.

I’ve a few players in my team currently and I’ve no idea who they face in the opening weeks.

Oh wow I dunno about that. Zaha isn't really OOP, given that he has actually been playing up front. If he moves back into a wide position, then that may become a different story. But only Arnautovic and Wood are in his conversation, in terms of points per minute, for the same price or less (and you're reaching up towards 9 million Vardy to find someone providing the same value for money at a higher price).

Zaha didn't play the whole of last season in the striker role, but while he does so this season, and you should manage your use of him accordingly, I think he is as much value as anyone in the Forward budget market. Benteke for example is only .5 million less expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I never really seem to get any good of him, but Wilson at £6.0m might be worth a shot as a cheap third striker for those trying to fit in Salah, Kane and co.

CAR, whu, EVE, che, LEI, bur, CPL, wat, SOU, ful to start off.

He signed a new deal the other day too.

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    I never really seem to get any good of him, but Wilson at £6.0m might be worth a shot as a cheap third striker for those trying to fit in Salah, Kane and co.

Where does Defoe fit into the situation I wonder?

Where does Defoe fit into the situation I wonder?

Lots of talk that he'll be away, likely on loan given his wage, but aye probably worth monitoring.

Liking Deulofeu as a sneaky under-the-radar punt for the first few weeks too.

Only £5.5m - Brighton (H), Burnley (A), Palace (H) first 3 games.

His fixtures toughen up a lot from then until October, but at that price range you'll probably get a price rise out of him at least if he does anything.

Also, he's a nice price as a 4th midfielder for those going with 3 big hitters up front and playing 3-4-3.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Draft 1 (and a bit) :

Ryan (Fabianski)

Azpi | Robertson | Bellerin (Zanka | Bednarek)

Salah (AC) | Sane | Fernandinho | Gross | Stephens

Zaha | Kane (DCL)

A tad dodgy me thinks!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Having got me a magnificent 18 points from 10 games last season, I'd rather pick Bob Wilson!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I’m thinking Edeson at 5.5 and fab as my cheap goalie 4.5

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    I’m thinking Edeson at 5.5 and fab as my cheap goalie 4.5

The only thing about that is that, personally, if I'm getting a keeper like DDG/Ederson/Courtois, I'm getting them to play every week. If that's the case, just get a 4.0m keeper and put the 0.5 somewhere else?

Just a thought.

Oh wow I dunno about that. Zaha isn't really OOP, given that he has actually been playing up front. If he moves back into a wide position, then that may become a different story. But only Arnautovic and Wood are in his conversation, in terms of points per minute, for the same price or less (and you're reaching up towards 9 million Vardy to find someone providing the same value for money at a higher price).

Zaha didn't play the whole of last season in the striker role, but while he does so this season, and you should manage your use of him accordingly, I think he is as much value as anyone in the Forward budget market. Benteke for example is only .5 million less expensive.

Yeah I’d put Wood in that category and also maybe Austin and Carroll if they could stay fit for a few months.

Niasse would be interesting if he got a move to a mid or lower table team.

I also like how Bournemouth attack so either of their front two could be an option.

For whatever reason I just don’t fancy Zaha.

I see the rumour pages have West Ham in for a striker so that could scupper Arnie as an option and I would be very surprised if Palace didn’t buy at least one recognised striker.

I’m going to set up a paid draft H2H league for boardsies.

I’m going H2H format because having played in a classic draft league last season I think the H2H might stay competitive for longer.

I’m thinking minimum 6 and maximum 10.

Any strong opinions on minimum and maximum entrants from last years experience ?

• Advertisement

I’m going to set a a paid draft H2H league for boardsies.

I’m going H2H format because having played in a classic draft league last season I think the H2H might stay competitive for longer.

I’m thinking minimum 6 and maximum 10.

Any strong opinions on minimum and maximum entrants from last years experience ?

I think anywhere between 10 and 20 usually works. Primarily because the more people you have, the less you’re just playing the same teams over and over again.

I think anywhere between 10 and 20 usually works. Primarily because the more people you have, the less you’re just playing the same teams over and over again.

I’d hate to be 15th pick on draft night.

Who would you get ?

I also think with the draft you can really change your first 11, quite a bit, week to week.

I’d hate to be 15th pick on draft night.

Who would you get ?

I also think with the draft you can really change your first 11, quite a bit, week to week.

Sorry, I kind of blanked out the draft part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

This is cool

Fantasy Premier League (@OfficialFPL) Tweeted:
    Make sure you don't miss a Gameweek deadline!

You can now sync #FPL deadlines to your calendar ➡️ https://t.co/UdMW58IhRk https://t.co/fXV06RPeKc https://twitter.com/OfficialFPL/status/1016261757927649280?s=17

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Not cool. How are we going to almost catch people out by not having a Gameweek Thread until after the deadline now :P

They are making the game easier and easier for the casual imo

I sync it with my brain so nobody else can know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

my first proper draft. i know it's largely pointless, as it'll change by deadline, but still.

Ederson Button
    Daniels Mee Tomkins Bennett Peltier
    Salah Sane Gray Eriksen Deulofeu
    Aguero Firmino Bonatini

Ederson - enough said really. City will keep plenty of clean sheets. Don't like the Arsenal game first up, as Emery will probably give Arsenal a bounce, but the first games are generally tasty.

Button - fodder

Daniels - a nice start to the season. i don't trust Bournemouth though, but he's there for now.

Mee - they've Europa, but that's a good start they have. Burnley should also be fit faster than other teams.

Tomkins - Roy has them solid.

Bennett and Peltier - both seem to be being talked up by fans, with Wolves and Cardiff potentially solid defensively. you never know though.

Salah - don't need to say much. 13.0 is probably a tad expensive, but it's for good reason.

Sané - will be raring to go, and with so many of City's big hitters likely having late holidays, he's almost certain to start the first few games.

Demarai Gray - assuming Mahrez goes to City, he could be a great under the radar pick at a good price of 5.5.

Eriksen - i think Kane will probably start the season up front, but I can't see him firing on all cylinders. hopefully Eriksen will cover me for Spurs anyway.

Deulofeu - another guy who I see no reason why he shouldn't score decent points at 5.5.

Firmino - underpriced at 9.5. I don't think the World Cup will have affected him as he didn't play enough.

Aguero - has to be first choice to start the season.

Bonatini - bench player for me at 5.0, but could surprise people if he gets the chance.

as i said, this will all change, but I'm pretty sure i'll go 3-5-2. I could downgrade Sane to Silva and upgrade my defence quite easily for example.

i don't really like the defence as is.

i generally like the shape of the attack though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

cheeky of them not to have Wilshere in the game yet. it means they're now likely to make him at least 1m more expensive than he would've been.

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    cheeky of them not to have Wilshere in the game yet. it means they're now likely to make him at least 1m more expensive than he would've been.

He was unattached. Mitrovic on the other hand I’m not one bit happy about.

Advertisement