Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I’ve (very luckily) captained two hat tricks this year in Augero and Hazard. Has really propped me up in all my standings.

Got me thinking. What is the best feeling in FPL?

It’s tough to beat captaining a juggernaut of a performance but I think some little things give better reward. Like somebody randomly missing a game when you have a high scoring first sub. A few got this today with Mendi no doubt.

Thinking of downgrading miki to a cheapo midfielder and upgrading cheapo striker whos about the best 4.4 4.5 midfielder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I’ve (very luckily) captained two hat tricks this year in Augero and Hazard. Has really propped me up in all my standings.

Got me thinking. What is the best feeling in FPL?

It’s tough to beat captaining a juggernaut of a performance but I think some little things give better reward. Like somebody randomly missing a game when you have a high scoring first sub. A few got this today with Mendi no doubt.

Captaining the right player is up there with the beast feeling. This week I was wrong between hazard and Aguero I went Aguero.

Also is subbing out a player and bringing one in and it works off the bat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Who do you play this week:
    Wan-B (Huddersfield away)
    Mitrovic (City away)

Went with Mitrovic. Thankfully Mendy missing out means I get Wan-B's haul too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,576 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Salah to drop in price before next deadline

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Salah will run riot soon I’m hoping!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Salah will run riot soon I’m hoping!

And I'm hoping it's in the CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if we were to see Salah or Mane rested next week. PSG midweek will be a taxing fixture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if we were to see Salah or Mane rested next week. PSG midweek will be a taxing fixture.

Same here. I think it'll be Shaqiri in for Salah. He has had a long year, probably rushed back for World Cup and a mini break could be just what he needs.

No Salah owner here trying to convince myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

So rest them for the midweek league cup game?
    Not happening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I think pool will prioritise the league this season more than champs league. Don’t be surprised if he makes changes for champs league and hopes it’s enough to get thru to knockout stages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

What will happen if Firminho can't play me t weekend? Sturridge to play up top. Seems risky to also rotate one of the other two attacking threats at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

A lad I'd know in one of my leagues, triple captained Hazard and is up to 44th in the world. Would definitely be more casual but he's flying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Have a look at the top scorer in this fantasy week (guy with 130 if it's still him!)

Triple captained hazard and has fraser who got 18.

Thought it was funny , Maguire will come in for mendy for -1 point and probabaly coat him his top spot.

But then I looked and hed made NINE changes for a -32 hit!!

Who the neck plays the game like that. A crazy risky strategy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Double post

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Have a look at the top scorer in this fantasy week (guy with 130 if it's still him!)

Triple captained hazard and has fraser who got 18.

Thought it was funny , Maguire will come in for mendy for -1 point and probabaly coat him his top spot.

But then I looked and hed made NINE changes for a -32 hit!!

Who the neck plays the game like that. A crazy risky strategy

It's likely someone just playing to get his team on the front page.

A 1-1 scoreline tonight with no Ings involvement will be decent for my OR.

40K at the minute with Bennett off the bench. Hoping that 6 gives me a green arrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I’m around the 70 points mark with Ings to play 1/2 goals or assists would be great help me keep climbing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,576 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Breaking off a discussion from the GW5 match day thread. What are people's opinions of having a second team? Specifically a second team that is season long and no transfers allowed? I have one and don't see an issue with it, it's never going to challenge for any prize and won't even have any effect on price rises (no matter how insignificant any effect might have been in the first place). Only possible downside on the overall game I can see is it may knock out a team or two in the cup if the stars alligned.

It's a far cry from guys setting up many multiples of teams at the start to try to get some off to a flyer and then dump the others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

KevIRL wrote: »
    Breaking off a discussion from the GW5 match day thread. What are people's opinions of having a second team? Specifically a second team that is season long and no transfers allowed? I have one and don't see an issue with it, it's never going to challenge for any prize and won't even have any effect on price rises (no matter how insignificant any effect might have been in the first place). Only possible downside on the overall game I can see is it may knock out a team or two in the cup if the stars alligned.

It's a far cry from guys setting up many multiples of teams at the start to try to get some off to a flyer and then dump the others.
    I think it's unfair as it allows you an extra triple captain each week.................:D

That last sentence is key though. Many times in the cup I've been knocked out by so called "zombie" teams. But maybe they were not zombie teams at all but someone's second or third teams............
    Having said that I don't really care !

• Advertisement

Personally doesn't bother me if somebody had 10 teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I have a second team for a draft head-to-head league with a few mates. Can't see how it upsets people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

won't even have any effect on price rises (no matter how insignificant any effect might have been in the first place).

I think you are technically wrong on this part.
    You (and many others) have a GW1 no-change team from which you can never sell Salah, which thus sets a base on his ownership which affects how many sales are needed for him to drop (it's x% of ownership sales per .1 drop isn't it?) The net result is that this ownership in your second team may be what stops him dropping one Friday night, then he scores on the Saturday and moves away from the risk of dropping.

I have such a team also fwiw, so i'm not suggesting you shouldn't do it or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

I have no issue with it, league i’m in you cannot touch your team all year, no chips, no transfers or switching captain.

There is over 5m teams this year, i would have a guess that there isn’t more than 2.5 - 3m players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

My only issue with this is the possibility of someone getting off to a flying start with their 'no transfers' team and deciding to use that as their main team. Not that anyone here has done that but it probably happens.

spock. wrote: »
    My only issue with this is the possibility of someone getting off to a flying start with their 'no transfers' team and deciding to use that as their main team. Not that anyone here has done that but it probably happens.

Unless their in the same league I don't see why it matters personally.

I care far more about my money leagues etc as opposed to my OR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I’ve always gone with just one team. Never agreed with people having second teams for any reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Salah looked really poor tonight , I think I'll go Mane instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭skippy15

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Salah looked really poor tonight , I think I'll go Mane instead
    Thought he looked good holding up the play but not the sharpness of goal threat of last season. I have him still but ye Mane seems sharper tho not the same finishing ability. Difference for me is I would trust C salah but not Mane. May also seem some rotation shortly with the games coming up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Is there not a danger of Mane being rested at the weekend? Played the full 90 tonite. Firmino got a rest

Advertisement