Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Green&Red wrote: »
    Is there not a danger of Mane being rested at the weekend? Played the full 90 tonite. Firmino got a rest

Given how quickly Salah was taken off after his mistake, it wouldn't surprise me if it's him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

It’d be nice if Aguero only played last 25/30 mins tonight and made captaining him v Cardiff a lot safer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Underlying stats show that Salah is going to explode soon.

Same as David Silva up until last week and it happened.

I doubt he’ll be rested. He could do with a goal and Southampton at home is a very attractive fixture. He’ll likely get the night off in the cup game IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

I think even if Salah scores a hat trick on Saturday, those of us who sold him will have been justified. For a 13m player you are expecting almost guaranteed returns each week and double figures regularly. I am not saying Salah won't deliver points this year, but I expect them to be at a rate of a 10m-11m player and therefore don't think the extra 2m is justified when it can be used to improve other areas of your team.

mectavba wrote: »
    I think even if Salah scores a hat trick on Saturday, those of us who sold him will have been justified. For a 13m player you are expecting almost guaranteed returns each week and double figures regularly. I am not saying Salah won't deliver points this year, but I expect them to be at a rate of a 10m-11m player and therefore don't think the extra 2m is justified when it can be used to improve other areas of your team.

There’s so many budget options this year though and the 3 key full backs are easily acquirable that the spare money isn’t really necessary.

The extra couple of million would be very handy if someone like Kane was firing and became near essential, but due to the amount of budget midfielders and strikers on form this year I’ve had £2m+ in my bank for weeks with no one to spend it on!

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    There’s so many budget options this year though and the 3 key full backs are easily acquirable that the spare money isn’t really necessary.

The extra couple of million would be very handy if someone like Kane was firing and became near essential, but due to the amount of budget midfielders and strikers on form this year I’ve had £2m+ in my bank for weeks with no one to spend it on!

Care to share some of them :-)

Only joking I get what you mean I was looking at the extra money and wondering where to spend it. No guarantee Firmino outscires Mitro as an example

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

This is it for me
    Haven't been under pressure to raise the cash for any other player
    If he dies blank again however I will start to consider hazard and mane more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Hamer (Lei Away) or Foster (Fulham Away) this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Think both will concede but Hamer will have more saves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

MrMac84 wrote: »

Well one of them plays and the other doesn't............Foster

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

km79 wrote: »
    Well one of them plays and the other doesn't............Foster

I’d assumed, perhaps incorrectly, Hamer was number 1 before his injury and the Palace game was only his first back

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

This is it. Loads of budget strikers, loads of sub 7 million mids. It comes down to salah, hazard and sterling which one you think will score best for the structure of my team. I currently think salah i may reassess after the weekend due to liverpools next 2 and the fact i have the wildcard for international break.

This is it. Loads of budget strikers, loads of sub 7 million mids. It comes down to salah, hazard and sterling which one you think will score best for the structure of my team. I currently think salah i may reassess after the weekend due to liverpools next 2 and the fact i have the wildcard for international break.

I’m currently on the below:

Foster (Hamer)
    Mendy Robertson Alonso (Wan-Bissaka, Peltier)
    Salah Hazard Fraser Walcott (Gunnarsson)
    Aguero Wilson Ings

Just over £2m in the bank and wildcard still intact. Rank of around 70k.

My bench absolutely needs to be improved (although I maintain that I was seriously unlucky with Gunnarsson!) and Walcott needs to go this week but other than that I’m very happy.

I’m currently thinking Walcott to David Silva or Maddison. Going Silva would empty my bank whereas Maddison would allow me to improve the bench over the next few weeks.

I’ll re-think Salah if he blanks this week but other than that I’m happy and can’t see any immediate problems to use potential freed up Salah cash on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I’m currently on the below:

Foster (Hamer)
    Mendy Robertson Alonso (Wan-Bissaka, Peltier)
    Salah Hazard Fraser Walcott (Gunnarsson)
    Aguero Wilson Ings

Just over £2m in the bank and wildcard still intact. Rank of around 70k.

My bench absolutely needs to be improved (although I maintain that I was seriously unlucky with Gunnarsson!) and Walcott needs to go this week but other than that I’m very happy.

I’m currently thinking Walcott to David Silva or Maddison. Going Silva would empty my bank whereas Maddison would allow me to improve the bench over the next few weeks.

I’ll re-think Salah if he blanks this week but other than that I’m happy and can’t see any immediate problems to use potential freed up Salah cash on.
    Ive more or less the exact same team as you apart from i have silva instead of hazard and pedro instead of gunnarson and lindelof as my 4th defender. Im at 500k though mainly due to benching fraser this week, getting lindelof in instead of wan bissaka and not having hazard. Small margins in this game. Whats your team ID perhaps your weak bench has actually helped you. As in forced you to play fraser and meant you got wan bissaka in. Whereas i had 8 strong attackers this week and lindelof ahead of wan bissaka on my bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

My take on the Liverpool trio

Salah for me is too expensive at 13m, you'd want an average of 9-10 points a gw from him, right now I see better value in having both mane and firminho at about 19m, it gives me twice as much a chance of goals and even they don't and Salah does, they will be assisting him.
    He's not even on pens or free kicks.
    It was amazing last year because he was so cheap, but now he's in the ronaldo/suarez price bracket and his output is not good enough this season.

It also enables you to have hazard and kun or Kane along with probably another premium midfielder in sterling or Silva.

Salah for me is too expensive at 13m, you'd want an average of 9-10 points a gw from him, right now I see better value in having both mane and firminho at about 19m, it gives me twice as much a chance of goals and even they don't and Salah does, they will be assisting him.
    It was amazing last year because he was so cheap, but now he's in the ronaldo/suarez price bracket and his output is not good enough this season.

It also enables you to have hazard and kun or Kane along with probably another premium midfielder in sterling or Silva.

Yeah that's sort if how I feel, especially over the next few weeks

For instance

Mane/Eriksen should out perform Salah/Maddison

Or

Mane/Lukaku/King should out perform

Salah/Mitro/Zaha

Tough decisions on a wildcard!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

You are expecting 342 to 380 points. Think this breaks the all time record in points.

You are comparing him to the output of two players both valued at 9.5m

My choice last week was Salah & Silva or Mane & Sterling,... The Salah option accumulated more points. I’m much happier to own Salah & Silva.
    Add in the fact of C material. I’d never be confident of captaining Mane or Sterling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i'd be flabbergasted if Salah is rested.

he's not playing badly. the stuff he did last season just isn't coming off, and he's so close to an explosion. plus, the League Cup is next midweek, so that's when he'll get a rest.

also, Salah needs a goal.

yes, he got taken off last night after his mistake, but i don't think that was a reaction to the mistake. that was a planned move that Klopp was going to make.

if he fails against Southampton, i might need to re-think, but he's still the man Liverpool are trying to get in the final position to score. he is still the best finisher, and he is still the killer in the frontline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

SlickRic wrote: »
    i'd be flabbergasted if Salah is rested.

he's not playing badly. the stuff he did last season just isn't coming off, and he's so close to an explosion. plus, the League Cup is next midweek, so that's when he'll get a rest.

also, Salah needs a goal.

yes, he got taken off last night after his mistake, but i don't think that was a reaction to the mistake. that was a planned move that Klopp was going to make.

if he fails against Southampton, i might need to re-think, but he's still the man Liverpool are trying to get in the final position to score. he is still the best finisher, and he is still the killer in the frontline.

This.

Salah is getting into the positions, but its just not coming off. He needs a goal and once one goes in, he could easily kick on from there.

Also, Liverpool want the league (whether they will get it is a separate point) so don't be expecting wholesale rotation.

Finally, the first team won't play midweek v Chelsea. If players are rested saturday they go 11 days without a game, which just isn't happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

SlickRic wrote:

I'd agree, he just needs a goal. The other thing I've noticed in the last 2 games which isn't helping is that Mané is not passing to him at all when he gets into good positions. I hope that's not gonna continue, likewise Salah is being greedy too. Hopefully Klopp will have a word with the 2 of them.

• Advertisement

Chesty08 wrote: »

You are expecting 342 to 380 points. Think this breaks the all time record in points.

You are comparing him to the output of two players both valued at 9.5m

My choice last week was Salah & Silva or Mane & Sterling,... The Salah option accumulated more points. I’m much happier to own Salah & Silva.
    Add in the fact of C material. I’d never be confident of captaining Mane or Sterling

You are correct I over estimated the expectation a bit, however he needs to average 8.3 every week to match his last year's cheaper output, at a 30% price increase you'd assume to get a higher return than last year, so I still stand by he needs to be hitting 9 or 10 every week and with his complete disregard for bps, that's gonna be tough with the other 2 and sturridge and shaq waiting inline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Having Liverpool attacking options are a must IMO.

I have Salah and had Firmino.

The argument a fews posts back about Mane//Bobby being better bang for your buck than Salah is a great shout. That said, I’m gonna hold on to Salah. He can and will pick up a brace or two in the few GWs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

with all the rotation and possible injury doubts, ignoring Hazard because of historic poor form against the Hammers, I fancy a cheeky punt on captaining Fraser in GW6 against a Burnley side who look absolute muck at the back - didn't see a captain poll yet apologies. Aguero still leads for me but Fraser is running a close second ahead of Mane and Hazard

is this madness?

I’m delighted people are selling Salah. Delighted.

I’ve said previously that these fixtures for Liverpool are perfect.

Southampton are poor.

Chelsea at home will have to attack and that’s when Liverpool are at their best.

City can only attack and Liverpool have shown they are prepared for a Pep team.

Then it’s Huddersfield, Cardiff and an Arsenal team that can’t buy a clean sheet.

I’ve triple Liverpool and hopefully I’ll have triple Liverpool all season.

In fairness I have tried to get Hazard but I just can’t afford him but you can’t have them all.

I also think now is the time to buy Kane.

Southampton are poor.

Chelsea at home will have to attack and that’s when Liverpool are at their best.

Then it’s Huddersfield, Cardiff and an Arsenal team that can’t buy a clean sheet.

In fairness I have tried to get Hazard but I just can’t afford him but you can’t have them all.

Triple Liverpool here too and will be for the season more than likely

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

You are correct I over estimated the expectation a bit, however he needs to average 8.3 every week to match his last year's cheaper output, at a 30% price increase you'd assume to get a higher return than last year, so I still stand by he needs to be hitting 9 or 10 every week and with his complete disregard for bps, that's gonna be tough with the other 2 and sturridge and shaq waiting inline.

Well no!

Are you expecting Mane, Hazard, Sterling etc ... all to return the points Salah returned last year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭basillarkin

I'm captaining salah against the saints. Expecting a reaction after getting subbed last night.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I'm captaining salah against the saints. Expecting a reaction after getting subbed last night.

A brave call, but one that will reward you greatly if you're right. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Southampton are poor.

Would agree that salah is a hold (for now) his underlying stats are great. I think three pool was perfectly fine at start of season, however as we enter a time of trickier fixtures and potential rotation it is a risky strategy for a while. Against Spurs at the weekend for instance if you held the template pool trio of salah, mane and Robertson then they returned 6 points. That's a big chunk of budget gone. Personally dropped back to 2 pool a couple of weeks ago and will go back to 3 for sure but not for a few weeks.

• Advertisement

Chesty08 wrote: »

Well no!

Are you expecting Mane, Hazard, Sterling etc ... all to return the points Salah returned last year?

No, I know he was phenomenal last season, but there's no denying his points per million will be way down on last season. Where as mane and firminho need about 12 between them most weeks

Advertisement