Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I'd agree, he just needs a goal. The other thing I've noticed in the last 2 games which isn't helping is that Mané is not passing to him at all when he gets into good positions. I hope that's not gonna continue, likewise Salah is being greedy too. Hopefully Klopp will have a word with the 2 of them.
    Criminal one last week when Mane was running at 2 defenders, free player either side and went for Kieta instead of Salah. As a Mane + Salah owner it broke my heart.

BTW, what was "Salah's mistake" that people keep mentioning

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

No, I know he was phenomenal last season, but there's no denying his points per million will be way down on last season. Where as mane and firminho need about 12 between them most weeks

Just in case your missing it, it’s not Salah v Firmino & Mane

It’s Salah & 6/6.5m v Mane & Firmino

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Criminal one last week when Mane was running at 2 defenders, free player either side and went for Kieta instead of Salah. As a Mane + Salah owner it broke my heart.

BTW, what was "Salah's mistake" that people keep mentioning

When he gave the ball away to PSG before their equaliser yesterday, I'm guessing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Chesty08 wrote: »
    No, I know he was phenomenal last season, but there's no denying his points per million will be way down on last season. Where as mane and firminho need about 12 between them most weeks

Right but it's alot easier for me to have that form 6m mid aswel, so it can come down to the 4.5m mid that you could be stuck with or 5.5m striker.

But even making things easier Salahs points per million this season will be much less than last season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

I'll also be holding 3 Liverpool for the season and 3 City too (depending on rotation issues). 

I agree they are pretty much fixture proof....the example above just picked the wrong 3....TAA, Mane, Firmino delivered 17. It is just more justifiable by not having Salah, as you will suffer somewhere else in your team. Granted there are a lot of cheap options doing the business at this point, which can maybe justify keeping Salah, but that is unlikely to sustain and having the extra 2 million to get an Alonso over a Holebas will be key.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    with all the rotation and possible injury doubts, ignoring Hazard because of historic poor form against the Hammers, I fancy a cheeky punt on captaining Fraser in GW6 against a Burnley side who look absolute muck at the back - didn't see a captain poll yet apologies. Aguero still leads for me but Fraser is running a close second ahead of Mane and Hazard

is this madness?

Saw a bit of the Burnley game at the weekend. The defending was comical at times. I don't know if it was a case of Burnley just constantly switching off or Wolves just running them ragged, but it could & should have been a much bigger scoreline. So maybe Fraser is not the worst shout in the world.

Right but it's alot easier for me to have that form 6m mid aswel, so it can come down to the 4.5m mid that you could be stuck with or 5.5m striker.

But even making things easier Salahs points per million this season will be much less than last season

Of course it will. As you said he had a phenomenal season and even if stayed at same price it would be difficult to replicate.
    Also, you are not expecting a player in his last season price bracket to hit the scores he hit last season so this point makes no sense to me.You need to play the game for what this season is and not what score Salah done last season and compare it this season and his value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

You need to play the game for what this season is and not what score Salah done last season and compare it this season and his value.

Completely disagree with this.

Most peoples picks are based off players previous seasons as FPL players. The likes of Kane/Aguero are known to always score well. Same way as Hazard is known to disappoint etc etc.

You need to play the game for what this season is and not what score Salah done last season and compare it this season and his value.

Completely disagree with this.

Most peoples picks are based off players previous seasons as FPL players. The likes of Kane/Aguero are known to always score well. Same way as Hazard is known to disappoint etc etc.

Agree with that when picking a team early doors but over the course of a season that becomes irrelevant and goes off current season.
    I meant more in line with you shouldn't be comparing Salah's score and value from last season to his value and score this season particularly when you are discounting a player in that price bracket to score a similar score.It is not really a like for like. Salah's score last season was well above his price bracket and as such has been priced this season accordingly. 
    Salah is currently averaging 5.9 pts per game and last season he averaged 8.3 pts per game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Of course it will. As you said he had a phenomenal season and even if stayed at same price it would be difficult to replicate.
    Also, you are not expecting a player in his last season price bracket to hit the scores he hit last season so this point makes no sense to me.You need to play the game for what this season is and not what score Salah done last season and compare it this season and his value.

Well he was priced on last season's exploits, so that adds to my argument.

He's also playing much more central thus season and it's alot more congested around there allowing defenders to mark him tighter. His shoulder is still strapped aswel.

I could be just trying to convince myself of why I don't need him yet thou, it's a healthy debate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Hazard will be rested tomorrow night, per The Telegraph.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Paully D wrote: »
    Hazard will be rested tomorrow night, per The Telegraph.

Woke up today thinking it's Thursday realized it was Wednesday. Saw this post and thought that Chelsea were playing a Friday Night game and that it was definitely Thursday today.

I'm gutted as it would have made my transfers so much easier :(

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭letsgo2018

I think I'm going to be hard to catch in my leagues

Hennessey

Alonso
    Mendy
    Robertson

Hazard
    Salah
    Frasier
    Mane
    Neves

Aguero
    Ings

Even my subs are picking up points wan bisska and bennett. Karmara is fodder though

I have no intention of selling Salah yet because he could explode and because there's no one else that I don't have doing it at present

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

letsgo2018 wrote:
    I think I'm going to be hard to catch in my leagues

Famous last words. I was 55 last week in my main league, and now it's a 4 point lead. This game can change drastically week to week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Plenty of talk that Kane needs a rest. Will it be at Brighton Saturday ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Plenty of talk that Kane needs a rest. Will it be at Brighton Saturday ?

Does anyone on here own him?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

He's my captain this week

Saw a bit of the Burnley game at the weekend. The defending was comical at times. I don't know if it was a case of Burnley just constantly switching off or Wolves just running them ragged, but it could & should have been a much bigger scoreline. So maybe Fraser is not the worst shout in the world.

I think it was a case of Burnley being fantastic defensively.

It should have been 4 or 5 nil but their ability to squash chances stopped a huge score line.

If anything that game made me want to buy Burnley defensive options.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

He's my captain this week

Ballsy missed another great chance last night and Brighton are tough to break down at home don't concede many

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Ballsy missed another great chance last night and Brighton are tough to break down at home don't concede many

Conceding 2 per game.
    It's a case of last chance before I ship him out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

I definitely wouldn't be selling kane if I had him. Brighton Huddersfield Cardiff and West ham coming up for him. He should get a week off for the league Cup too. He'll start scoring soon, he doesn't even need to play particularly well to score against those teams (Brighton excepted perhaps)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Fraser not a bad shout this week but I'll probably captain Salah. If he blanks I'll prob start to question keeping him on board and just stick with Mane. However, the fixtures don't really put me off much. It almost suits them better when teams attack and leave space but there's waaay too much money tied up in so few returns. If only Mane passed it to him last weekend. It was infuriating to watch! A goal would do Salah wonders.

Burnley have ok fixtures against Cardiff and Huddersfield but no investment from me. The amount of clear cut chances Wolves bottled was comical. They need to be scoring them chances at this level or they'll get shafted

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I do and have since the start.

Hasn't worked out great yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Seen a lot of people saying Hazard is essential now but after West Ham away his weekend he has Liverpool (H), Soton (A), Man Utd (H) and Burnley (A) - not a run of games where you would expect massive hauls even if he is going to substantially increase his goal output this season?

I actually wildcarded last week and got Hazard in but was only for Cardiff and West Ham before getting Kane in for Huddersfield and Cardiff and then going back to Salah for Liverpool’s great run.

Second guessing that plan now with so many people wildcarding with the explicit aim of getting Hazard in - is it not a case of chasing points that have already been scored or do people really think Hazard is going to provide the best value in the premium bracket over the next 4/5 weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Seen a lot of people saying Hazard is essential now but after West Ham away his weekend he has Liverpool (H), Soton (A), Man Utd (H) and Burnley (A) - not a run of games where you would expect massive hauls even if he is going to substantially increase his goal output this season?

I actually wildcarded last week and got Hazard in but was only for Cardiff and West Ham before getting Kane in for Huddersfield and Cardiff and then going back to Salah for Liverpool’s great run.

Second guessing that plan now with so many people wildcarding with the explicit aim of getting Hazard in - is it not a case of chasing points that have already been scored or do people really think Hazard is going to provide the best value in the premium bracket over the next 4/5 weeks?

Its worth noting that 2 of hazards goals in the last 4 games have been penalties. Chelsea have been awarded 3 penalties in 5 games. They arent going to keep getting penalties at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Sarri is expecting Hazard to get 40 goals and to stop wasting energy away from the opposition goal so I think he'll be a different player this season. I like Sarri's style, he knows Hazard is by far their best player and wants him more involved in the final third of the pitch:
    "I told him for me he can score 40 goals. But spend less energy away from the goal and play in the last 25 metres.â€

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Made 9 changes last week, used my Wildcard...or thought i did.

I didn't, and lost 32 points :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Ouch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Kiith wrote: »
    Made 9 changes last week, used my Wildcard...or thought i did.

I didn't, and lost 32 points :mad:

Were you holding off activating it to have an influence on price changes? Always thought that idea was bonkers

Advertisement