Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

manual_man wrote: »
    dsmythy wrote: »
    Klopp has played down the Tuesday-Saturday schedule. He's also played down questions on Salah's form. Says he's done near as well this year so far as the same period last year.

Also says Milner is a young man at 32 years of age.

He also praised Salah's defensive efforts

Yeah was about to edit that in. One of the more worrying comments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I bought him at 6.0 so I'm inclined to hold. Just need to know what the time frame is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Straight to the point there. Doesn't know how long he's injured for (or just doesn't want to say).

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/benjamin-mendy-injury-update-man-15183130
    Asked for an update on the left back, who has missed the last two games, Pep Guardiola replied with a terse “Injured.”

When pressed on the nature and length of the problem, the Blues boss added: “I don’t know how long. He has a little problem in his bone, in his foot.”

Think I may sell. Given his injury problems last year, they may ease him back in.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Crap! I have Mendy, Pedro and Ings.

Subs are Dunk, Ward and Bennett. I'm going to have to sell one of the 3 boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

manual_man wrote: »
    I bought him at 6.0 so I'm inclined to hold. Just need to know what the time frame is

+1 for this don't wanna be try fit in back in a few weeks for 6.5 I have enough cover for a couple of weeks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

If you brought him in at 6.0 you have a buffer of .1 anyway before you start to lose any bankable cash. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

+1 for this don't wanna be try fit in back in a few weeks for 6.5 I have enough cover for a couple of weeks

He's close to a drop, may well be 6.4 by tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

If there's a risk of Mendy dropping tonight I'll ship him out.
    My bench is slack enough with Stephens Daniels and Ings, I've already done a transfer so it will be a -4. I think I'll get rid of Ings for someone else, I've .9 in the bank, either Wilson or deeney. Kinda leaning towards deeney

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Will be playing Doherty at Old Trafford now so. With Westwood as my only playing sub who didn't even start last week. Yikes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

With the Mendy news I’m forced to keep Walcott and upgrade Peltier with my FT in order to field 11. I wanted to do it the other way around but needs must.

I’m taking a little punt on Rico.

Nice fixtures, Bournemouth playing well, I like his numbers and while Bournemouth are never a magnet for clean sheets, he will have some set pieces too.

It probably would have been Doherty only for Wolves’ poor fixture this week. Somehow I have 3 ****ing Bournemouth players in my team now :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Still have the wildcard, but Ings, Pedro and Mendy in my team along with a non-playing sub.

I'd ditch Mendy but the way prices are this year I'm not confident he will drop too far (Richarlison and DeBruyne should both be about .2 lower by now in my opinion).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Is Shaw the answer to mendy’s troubles?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Would people think it's mad to WC this late into a GW? Looking at a minus 8 here already to keep my first 11 playing. Lots of injuries. Want to get certain players in too but team isn't in a catastrophic state either. 60k OR

Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

No, you’ve missed out on say 0.3 in rises depending on who ur getting in, not the end of the world

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Is Shaw the answer to mendy’s troubles?

Perhaps but Young is there too. I would suggest downgrading to fodder is also an option for many and promoting AWB and Bennett.

Would people think it's mad to WC this late into a GW? Looking at a minus 8 here already to keep my first 11 playing. Lots of injuries. Want to get certain players in too but team isn't in a catastrophic state either. 60k OR

Thoughts?

I don't think it's crazy to WC late but given Salah and Kun's fixtures, taking any of them out on a WC now looks a lot riskier than hitting them out.

A late WC can be just as effective (or not) of course but will wreck your head for a while if it goes badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

ElTel wrote: »
    Perhaps but Young is there too. I would suggest downgrading to fodder is also an option for many and promoting AWB and Bennett.

Shaw has arguably been United’s best player since the season started. He isn’t going to be dropped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Anyone think a straight swap Mendy for Delph is decent business?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Anyone think a straight swap Mendy for Delph is decent business?
    km79 wrote: »
    That would be a hell no

Lemlin wrote: »
    Shaw has arguably been United’s best player since the season started. He isn’t going to be dropped.

Yeah I'd agree but he'll get rested an odd time during the spell with midweek CL games. Jose trusts Young I guess but I don't know if he would play him in the group games and give Shaw the league games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

ElTel wrote: »
    Yeah I'd agree but he'll get rested an odd time during the spell with midweek CL games. Jose trusts Young I guess but I don't know if he would play him in the group games and give Shaw the league games.

Is Jose not a manager who rarely rotates? Jose knows the league is the bread and butter. He’s often spoken about how Cup comps can be a lottery. He’ll save rotation for cups IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Bennet Silva

Or

Trippier Maddison

Last of my wildcard uncertainty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Bennet Silva

Or

Trippier Maddison

Second one easily

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Bennet Silva

Or

Trippier Maddison

B for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

km79 wrote: »
    Second one easily

And that's a wildcard done, now to put the phone away till 1130 to resist the urge to remove Salah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I went Tripper/Maddison myself.

Hope I’m not blindly betting on a good turn of form for both Vardy and Kane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'm up to 47k after yesterday and top of my 3 money leagues but don't own Hazard.

1st money league - 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 6th own Hazard
    2nd money league - 3rd, 4th and 6th own Hazard
    3rd money league - 2nd, 5th and 6th own Hazard

Gonna be watching today through my fingers, and probably gonna have to get him next week as a blocker move.

Come on the Hammers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

This game is great when it goes your way and its utter thrash if you have a bad week.

Advertisement