Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

This game is great when it goes your way and its utter thrash if you have a bad week.

First two game weeks I was flying along, since then I'm on freefall, most years I go with a budget defence and put money to use in midfield and up front, WC in GW4 got the "strong defence", but since then it's just gone to the dogs.

Allison, Mendy, Tripper, Robertson, Alonso

Had I went with the likes of Hart, Doherty, AWB - probably talking about 33/40 points more. Do I stick and ride it out?

I know Alonso could go and score today, but given his price tag compared to others I just dunno.

I seemed to have broken Pedro, Moura and Wilson. (have shipped out Pedro and Wilson now).

In addition to all that, I would probably put up with it all if I got the right captain call, sold Salah for Hazard 2 GW's ago, which was brave call, but do you think I would give him the armband?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I’ve always gone for dirt cheap defence, I reverted to it last week in my WC and I’m much happier but that has a lot to do with Hart 9, Duffy assist, and AWB 9, that won’t happen every week.
    Alonso is the one player that worries me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Ace2007 wrote: »
    First two game weeks I was flying along, since then I'm on freefall, most years I go with a budget defence and put money to use in midfield and up front, WC in GW4 got the "strong defence", but since then it's just gone to the dogs.

Allison, Mendy, Tripper, Robertson, Alonso

Had I went with the likes of Hart, Doherty, AWB - probably talking about 33/40 points more. Do I stick and ride it out?

I know Alonso could go and score today, but given his price tag compared to others I just dunno.

I seemed to have broken Pedro, Moura and Wilson. (have shipped out Pedro and Wilson now).

In addition to all that, I would probably put up with it all if I got the right captain call, sold Salah for Hazard 2 GW's ago, which was brave call, but do you think I would give him the armband?

That many premiums in defence was a bit mad though all the same

KevIRL wrote: »
    That many premiums in defence was a bit mad though all the same

Yea true, but most of then were getting the points before I got them, and if you have the cash you might as well get them?

Like up front, other than Firmino, there isn't any other premium striker that you would pair up with Aguero that cost more than 7m is there?, Where as in previous years, I would probably have 3 expensive forwards.

Big Rom - plays for untied who are muck at the best of times
    Kane - doesn't look right, and for 12m+ i'd like to see him doing more really.
    Auba - had him at start of season but did sweet FA and got rid

So like where are people spending the money - big price mids aren't setting the world alight at the moment.

Looking at it there Sterling actually has a decent return and is getting game time so might look at getting him in soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Who's your 5th defender? Surely AWB? I don't see a whole lot wrong with that defence although I never saw the appeal of a premium goalkeeper. You must have got a decent haul yesterday and were minutes away from a lot more.

• Advertisement

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Who's your 5th defender? Surely AWB? I don't see a whole lot wrong with that defence although I never saw the appeal of a premium goalkeeper. You must have got a decent haul yesterday and were minutes away from a lot more.

No I got 39 points yesterday, 18 of which came from defence. My defensive players yesterday were.

Allison, Robertson, Mendy, Alonso and Tripper. Sub defender is Pereira (who was dropped for some reason)

Now I know I shouldn't have a 5.1 sub defender, however I picked the WC team using the app as I was away and didn't realise his price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Two weeks ago I suggested that a five man premium defence might be the way to go but I was blatantly wrong. AWB has confirmed his worth and found himself in my starting XI this week. He might keep his place for the next 3 weeks but has a horrific run of fixtures after that though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Two weeks ago I suggested that a five man premium defence might be the way to go but I was blatantly wrong. AWB has confirmed his worth and found himself in my starting XI this week. He might keep his place for the next 3 weeks but has a horrific run of fixtures after that though.

AWB has been in my starting XI since day one, and will probably hold his place until the end of the season! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I'm up to 47k after yesterday and top of my 3 money leagues but don't own Hazard.

1st money league - 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 6th own Hazard
    2nd money league - 3rd, 4th and 6th own Hazard
    3rd money league - 2nd, 5th and 6th own Hazard

Gonna be watching today through my fingers, and probably gonna have to get him next week as a blocker move.

Come on the Hammers!
    And breath :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Anyone have any opinions on Kenedy?

Need a 5.0 enabler and it’s him or Will Hughes. Has has had an awful start fpl wise but with Newcastle’s fixtures turning would you have much faith in him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Need a 5.0 enabler and it’s him or Will Hughes. Has has had an awful start fpl wise but with Newcastle’s fixtures turning would you have much faith in him?
    Buy Hughes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I had Kennedy last year, great player to own, Newcastle do well he generally does well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Newcastle have turned the corner. They’ll chip away with wins here and there. When they do win Kennedy will be to the fore.

I’d have a lot of Watford players before Hughes.

As an enabler I’d have Kennedy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Avoid him. I brought him and will be shipping him this week or next. Hughes and Watford look really dangerous up front. Gray and Deeney will be on the end of many Hughes assists in the next few GWs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Ha Kenedy splits opinion it seems - will have a think on it for the week. With Bennett and AWB looking like such good options whoever I get could end up on the bench quite a bit anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

If I knew Hamer was to play this weekend, I think I might Bench Boost.

Hamer Spurs H
    Billing Spurs H
    Joselu Leicester H
    Doherty Southampton H

All at home, all fairly crap too mind you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

What are people's thoughts on the Liverpool Chelsea game next week? I guess you have to start Alonso if you have him but with the cheapie defenders (Bennett, Wan-Bissaka) have reasonable games next week, it's hard to justify starting Robertson / Trent/ Allison. Does anyone plan on starting a Liverpool def?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Think there's a good chance LIV/CHE could be a high scoring game. Wouldn't be eager to bench Alonso. You know what he is like going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I might bench Robertson if Mendy is fit. Alonso and Doherty will definitely be starting. Reckon Palace will concede at Bournemouth so will bench the Special Wan despite his heroics over the last two weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

What are people's thoughts on the Liverpool Chelsea game next week? I guess you have to start Alonso if you have him but with the cheapie defenders (Bennett, Wan-Bissaka) have reasonable games next week, it's hard to justify starting Robertson / Trent/ Allison. Does anyone plan on starting a Liverpool def?
    On the basis of this weekend, Liverpool are more likely to keep a clean sheet than Chelsea. Liverpool create plenty of chances, even against a strong PSG, while Chelsea looked lethargic today. The caveats of course are that Chelsea could have suffered due to travelling for match last Thursday, they will be at home next weekend and the extent of VvDs injury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Have Robertson, no chance I'd bench him. He's a great chance of getting involved in the goals assist wise. Same for Alonso

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Have Robertson, no chance I'd bench him. He's a great chance of getting involved in the goals assist wise. Same for Alonso

"Robertson" and "bench" in the same sentence. What sort of madness is this?!!

Tbh, I thought I had a set and forget defence with Ederson, Mendy, Robertson, Alonso, and AWB. But then Mendy went and got injured, the bollox! :pac:

My Wildcard beckons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

AWB seems to always come off people’s benches so wouldn’t worry bout having him as a sub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I'm starting to get worried about David Silva. He has Brighton(H) next, but will he even start? He's vital to Pep with KDB out, and they have a crunch CL game 3 days after the Brighton game, and then a crunch PL game against Liverpool 5 days after that. I'm half thinking of doing Silva->Richarlison instead of Walcott->Richarlison. I can't be dealing with this stress of will-he-won't-he start

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

manual_man wrote: »
    I'm starting to get worried about David Silva. He has Brighton(H) next, but will he even start? He's vital to Pep with KDB out, and they have a crunch CL game 3 days after the Brighton game, and then a crunch PL game against Liverpool 5 days after that. I'm half thinking of doing Silva->Richarlison instead of Walcott->Richarlison. I can't be dealing with this stress of will-he-won't-he start
    I wouldn't be doubling up on Everton attack atm anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I wouldn't be doubling up on Everton attack atm anyways

It might suit me for the short-term. 2 of the next 3 at home. Richarlison i'll probably want to keep long-term. Walcott can be moved on for Maddison or someone after this little run of fixtures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

manual_man wrote: »

You'll know if he starts the cup game tbh that he'll likely be rotated. I suspect he'll make an appearance in the cup as Pep won't leave him not playing two games in a row.

I also have him in my team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

whats the opinion on bench boost in a single gw?
    really cant decide who to play this week.

my bench is currently begovic, bennett, ward(car) and wan b

my starting 11

patricio

bellerin/ alonso/robertson

richi/maddison/mane/hazard

vardy/wilson/aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Hughes is looking like a really solid option.

Should really have ended last week on 12 points as he was clearly taken down for a pen but it wasn't given ( would've been an extra 3 for the assist plus presumably another 3 bonus).

Gets forward lots, kind of like an inverted winger / attacking mid, with the full backs giving the width and Capoue and Doucoure enforcing.

He's a great buy at 5.0 imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Barring injuries, think I'll be considering using bench boost this week. Finding it difficult to see which 3 to bench from the following, so it might be as good a week as any to use it

Robertson v CHE
    Wan B. v BOU
    Bennett. v Sou
    Fraser v Cry
    Mitrovic v EVE
    Ings v WOL

Advertisement