Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

Rudiger out for the Liverpool match. That’s their pace in central defence gone.

I’d already fancied Liverpool, quite strongly, to win that match but their front 3 running at Luiz and Cahill could be mayhem.

I’m sure Chelsea will come out and play so it should be a fantastic game to watch and I think Liverpool will turn them over quite comfortably.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I’d already fancied Liverpool, quite strongly, to win that match but their front 3 running at Luiz and Cahill could be mayhem.

I’m sure Chelsea will come out and play so it should be a fantastic game to watch and I think Liverpool will turn them over quite comfortably.

I wouldn't be so sure about that

I wouldn't be so sure about that

It’s not guaranteed. It’s what I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

It's wednesdays match he is out of. Still possible he plays Saturdays one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

it won't be comfortable, even if Rudiger is out on Saturday.

if Sarri decides to cede possession to Liverpool, it could get messy unless Kantnd Jorginho put on a masterclass in back 4 protection and stop the supply to the front 3. i don't see how that would work because you've to assume Liverpool would get the ball to them enough times for them to ultimately get past Luiz and Cahill. so unless Liverpool are utterly wasteful, i like their chances if that's what happens.

what's more likely is that Sarri will trust his midfield 3 to press upon Liverpool, and try to win that battle to get on the front foot. it could be very uncomfortable for Liverpool if they win that battle and supply Hazard and Willian properly.

i think it'll be a great game at the weekend. Sarri will approach the game like Pep does. he won't be afraid of Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

You'll know if he starts the cup game tbh that he'll likely be rotated. I suspect he'll make an appearance in the cup as Pep won't leave him not playing two games in a row.

I also have him in my team

That's Dilva out for me now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

SlickRic wrote: »
    i think it'll be a great game at the weekend. Sarri will approach the game like Pep does. he won't be afraid of Liverpool.

If I knew he would be stupid enough to do this and play completely into Liverpool's hands I'd have no hesitation Captaining Salah

I don't think he will and unlike others I expect a tight game

km79 wrote: »
    If I knew he would be stupid enough to do this and play completely into Liverpool's hands I'd have no hesitation Captaining Salah

Stupid is harsh. It’s just his philosophy. So good chance he won’t change it.

That’s why I’m so confident of a Liverpool win.

Stupid is harsh. It’s just his philosophy. So good chance he won’t change it.

That’s why I’m so confident of a Liverpool win.

It’s peps philosophy too and his refusal to change got them knocked out of europe last season

If they were to meet again will he repeat it ?

I’d say yes . Now THAT would be stupid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Don’t bother. Salah doesn’t get bonus points so it has put me off having him as Captain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Don’t bother. Salah doesn’t get bonus points so it has put me off having him as Captain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Arnautovic injured again!?

Options at same price are Wilson....maybe mitrovic ... think zaha has risen too much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

If you have Fraser, go Mitro .,.or just go for Mitro anyway. He’s looks great and still cheap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Options at same price are Wilson....maybe mitrovic ... think zaha has risen too much

Zaha hasn't risen at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Zaha hasn't risen at all.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

FHFC wrote: »
    Zaha hasn't risen at all.

Technically he did rise once. But then fell again very quickly as he was yellow flagged and missed a game. :pac: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Thoughts on Aymeric Laporte?

Looking into replacing Mendy and I think he could potentially be a gem. Some reasons below why I think he should be a regular / return good points

- Has started every game
    - 1 goal already and looking into his career he looks like he gets a decent amount. Could end up being a bit like Otamendi last year
    - Likely to get bonus if there's a cleany and City don't score too many due to pass accuracy (again a bit like the Otter last year)
    - The only left footed CB. If City play 3 at the back he will definitely start, and I still think Pep likes to have a left footer in there
    - Rested in Carabao which suggests he might be considered number 1 CB
    - Huge outlay on him (50m+ I believe) which suggests he wasn't bought to make up the numbers
    - He's looked excellent every time I've seen him so has arguably made himself undroppable
    - Only 5.6 so a cheap way into City's defence

I could afford Walker, but I think for 0.9 less Laporte might be better value. There is always the risk of rotation, but I think that particularly against smaller teams Pep will want a left footed CB to be able to stretch the play a bit more

Morzadec wrote: »

Looking into replacing Mendy and I think he could potentially be a gem. Some reasons below why I think he should be a regular / return good points

- Has started every game
    - 1 goal already and looking into his career he looks like he gets a decent amount. Could end up being a bit like Otamendi last year
    - Likely to get bonus if there's a cleany and City don't score too many due to pass accuracy (again a bit like the Otter last year)
    - The only left footed CB. If City play 3 at the back he will definitely start, and I still think Pep likes to have a left footer in there
    - Huge outlay on him (50m+ I believe) which suggests he wasn't bought to make up the numbers
    - He's looked excellent every time I've seen him so has arguably made himself undroppable

I could afford Walker, but I think for 0.9 less Laporte might be better value. There is always the risk of rotation, but I think that particularly against smaller teams Pep will want a left footed CB to be able to stretch the play a bit more

I brought him in last week when I heard about Mendy. Tbh he's nailed on for me also and think he's a great cheap option for City defense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Morzadec wrote: »

- Has started every game

He's a good move for City coverage, this week certainly.

For the game against Liverpool, I'd love to have Mendy as he'll potentially provide attacking returns where Laporte is much less likely.

Definitely see him as an Otamendi type as last year, Pep seems to like him but than again its Pep. Just be aware they play BUR, tot after the Liverpool game too if looking long term

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Any word on how long Mendy will be out for? If it really is his metatarsal??
    Delph is 5.3 and will probably start every PL at left back until Mendy returns.
    He started 22 games last year when Mendy was out. Could be an even cheaper alternative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Yea it’s bruised apparently but who knows. Delph could be a sneaky pick but Laporte worth the little extra. Walker too expensive.

Has to be Trip or Laporte in for Mendy. Laporte for the reasons mentioned and Trip for fixtures, but that cup fixture and Barca next week is slightly risky

I’ll happily get Mendy back when he’s fit. I’ve had since week 1 and he’s lethal when he’s actually getting minutes

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I brought Trippier in just before his increase, for Mendy just before his drop. I'm hoping for another increase for Trippier so it'll cover the extra 0.1 to get Mendy back. I mean, I can afford him anyway, but it would work out nicely if the 0.1 came from Trippier! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    He started 22 games last year when Mendy was out. Could be an even cheaper alternative.

The 3-5-2 formation used in the big win Huds would exclude Delph I reckon (I imagine in the absence of Mendy Sane would provide the width on the left, Delph wouldn't offer enough pace and natural width there).

That would worry me slightly on Delph as I think they might go with this formation against weak teams at home and he might miss out. Then we really don't know how long Mendy is out too, so I'd agree that the extra little bit on Laporte is worth it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Danilo back from injury last night. He played a good bit when Mendy was out last year too

Video going around of Pogba and Mourinho( Sorry can't link as in work)

Looks like they weren't getting on - nothing confirmed etc

But as an FPL choice doesn't look good imo based on what I saw.

I saw that as well and it looked really bad tbf. You could even see the awkwardness of the other players around them.

Wilberto wrote: »
    I saw that as well and it looked really bad tbf. You could even see the awkwardness of the other players around them.

Perriera would have been expected to start last night but wasn’t even in squad
    I expect him to start at weekend now but at whose expense ........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Perriera would have been expected to start last night but wasn’t even in squad
    I expect him to start at weekend now but at whose expense ........

We sure he hasn't picked up an unmentioned injury?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Anybody notice how goofy the Liverpool player photos look in the game?

All leaning forward towards the camera making their heads look massive ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Thinking of going a 5 man mid of Mane/Dilva/Fraser/Maddison/Ricky and dropping Firminio up top leaving me with Mitro/Sergio up front. Can’t remember last time I didn’t play 3 strikers so it feels weird but think the 5 man mid looks more balanced - any opinions ?

Advertisement