Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

KevIRL wrote: »
    Gunnarson dropping again tonight. Waster

Will be a great enabler when he's fit again. 4.3m playing mid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

FHFC wrote: »
    Will be a great enabler when he's fit again. 4.3m playing mid.

He'll be TPA. But i suppose one probably won't mind if your other sub options are half decent

manual_man wrote: »
    He'll be TPA. But i suppose one probably won't mind if your other sub options are half decent

TPA?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

FHFC wrote: »
    TPA?

Two point Aron :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So lads and ladys (Who knows?) I have myself a dilemma im sure im not the only one!!

Just moved Mendy out for Trip i now have Alonso Robertson Trippier Wan Bissaka and Bennett as defenders.....

Who do i play who do i bench!!

Alonso and Robertson can you get points all over the pitch even against each other. Trippier is playing a weaker team Wan Bissaka could end up with 9 points or none at all!! and well Bennett is solid.

I was even thinking maybe of playing Alonso Robertson and Trippier from the start and using the bench boost to have Wan Bissaka Bennett and possibly Schneirderlin to come in.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

So lads and ladys (Who knows?) I have myself a dilemma im sure im not the only one!!

Just moved Mendy out for Trip i now have Alonso Robertson Trippier Wan Bissaka and Bennett as defenders.....

Who do i play who do i bench!!

Alonso and Robertson can you get points all over the pitch even against each other. Trippier is playing a weaker team Wan Bissaka could end up with 9 points or none at all!! and well Bennett is solid.

I was even thinking maybe of playing Alonso Robertson and Trippier from the start and using the bench boost to have Wan Bissaka Bennett and possibly Schneirderlin to come in.

Any ideas?

I think everyone has a defender dilemma this week!

I go along with those who say Alonso can't be dropped.

Trippier of course you play.

Of the others Bennet is by far the most likely to get a cleany so I'd pick him.

For me, unsure who to play of TAA, AWB and Cedric. Have palace cleany coverage with Hennessey, so prob will go with TAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Schneiderlin to come in? Oh deary me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

lol! I never used the bench boost last season so was thinking sure why not!

I have one more transfer i could even use it to move on Schneirderlin to someone else for 4.5.

Saying that i kinda wanted to keep it over for next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Who's to say that Mendy will even get straight back into the team when fit. Pep might try and teach him a lesson. He won't show it in the presser but he's probably fuming at Mendy's lack of professionalism.

This
    Sold him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Considering playing BB, bench is

Pickford, can’t buy a clean sheet but good fixture
    Boly, good cs prospect
    AWB, could be zero or 9 pointer
    Ings, 3 goals in 4 games

I may swap Boly on for Taylor but other then that the others will be benched. Only thing that’s putting me off is Alonso and Hazard v Salah and Robbo.

I’ll probably hold onto it but I’ve already left 29 on bench a couple of weeks ago!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Can't decide to play Ings or Bennett?

Currently on the Wolves man, but it's a total toss up. Wan-B was in the mix but I've settled on him as sub two also since I've Fraser playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

-=al=- wrote: »
    Can't decide to play Ings or Bennett?

Currently on the Wolves man, but it's a total toss up. Wan-B was in the mix but I've settled on him as sub two also since I've Fraser playing.

I've Ings, Bennett and Wan-B. I too will be benching Wan-B. Personally I'm playing Ings and Bennett as they're better than my bench options, but if I had to choose between them I'd go with Bennett. Wolves have the third-highest odds for a clean sheet according to the bookies behind City and Spurs. I'd find it tough to go against that.

My only dilemma is Alonso or Robertson.

Alonso

- Better scoring odds
    - Home fixture
    - 1 goal, 5 assists vs 0 goals, 2 assists of Robertson

Robertson

- Slightly better clean sheet odds.
    - Liverpool appear to have more firepower up front, possibly better assist potential
    - 4 clean sheets to Alonso's 3

Leaning towards Alonso for the set-piece factor but will agonize over it some more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I’m playing them both!

VvD doubtful is also a negative for Robertson but if I had to bench one, I’d reluctantly go Robertson. The game between then midweek was pretty open so hard to call. They’ll probably both concede :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

VVD has travelled according to Anfield Express...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Just played my wildcard, was thinking of BB as well.

Only joking.....km79

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Keeper
    AWB Bennett Trip
    Salah Dilva Rick Hazard
    Mitro Kun Ings
    Keeper Robertson Rico Hojbjerg

Am I making a mistake not starting Robertson?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

Richarlison Maddison Fraser D. Silva Hazard

​Firmino kane Zaha

Who do I bench? :confused:

Bench Zaha and go 5 in midfield? Or choose 2 from Rich, Maddison and Fraser? Which two? lol

Very undecided. No matter what I do I'm sure I'll get screwed :pac:

VVD has travelled according to Anfield Express...

I’d be gobsmacked if he didn’t start.

Our two most important players are VVD and Firmino.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

AdpRo wrote: »
    Considering playing BB, bench is

Pickford, can’t buy a clean sheet but good fixture
    Boly, good cs prospect
    AWB, could be zero or 9 pointer
    Ings, 3 goals in 4 games

I may swap Boly on for Taylor but other then that the others will be benched. Only thing that’s putting me off is Alonso and Hazard v Salah and Robbo.

I’ll probably hold onto it but I’ve already left 29 on bench a couple of weeks ago!

if your going to play the 4 liverpool and chelsea lads anyway and you think the rest of your squad will start thats a good weekl on paper for BB. I was thinking about it but Ive a couple of rotation risks like dilva and lindelof in my squad so not going to go with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

if your going to play the 4 liverpool and chelsea lads anyway and you think the rest of your squad will start thats a good weekl on paper for BB. I was thinking about it but Ive a couple of rotation risks like dilva and lindelof in my squad so not going to go with it.

I bought Lamela last night as a 2 week punt before wildcard, he is probably only risk of not starting but with the other 2 injuries I think he will start. Need to decide quick if i’ll go ahead with it!

Richarlison Maddison Fraser D. Silva Hazard

​Firmino kane Zaha

Who do I bench? :confused:

Bench Zaha and go 5 in midfield? Or choose 2 from Rich, Maddison and Fraser? Which two? lol

Very undecided. No matter what I do I'm sure I'll get screwed :pac:

Ricky and Maddison start for me with Fraser sitting out

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Keeper
    AWB Bennett Trip
    Salah Dilva Rick Hazard
    Mitro Kun Ings
    Keeper Robertson Rico Hojbjerg

Am I making a mistake not starting Robertson?
    Any opinions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Any opinions?

Start Robertson over AWB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Already planning for GW 9 and 10 and with so many options those weeks it could be an absolute sh1t storm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Signed up for the scout members section. What's the most beneficial features here besides the articles?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭kennethrhcp

Signed up for the scout members section. What's the most beneficial features here besides the articles?

I know there'll be loads available online but the full season ticker is my fav. the comparison tool is great if you're undecided between a player or 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

RMT is v good.

I know you mentioned them already, but the members articles are excellent.

Weekly members articles. Review of key stats etc.

Player comparison tool...be careful what you put into it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Access to the opta stats. Has nearly every stat going that might be of interest to you.

Advertisement