Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I think all the features I regularly use have been mentioned already so the only thing I'll add is some of the highly rated public stats tables can be really good to look at. The Goals Imminent one is great if you're having doubts about a current player's lacklustre points return.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Seen as most boardsies seem to be very good and up around the top couple of hundred thousand I'm looking for opinions.

I'm messing around with my team sitting at 160k after 4 green arrows in a row current team is
    Fab hamer
    Alonso taa bavies mendy awb
    Richi sterling hazard Fraser schurlle
    Aguero arnie Jimenez

Took a hit last week got arnie and richi in for eriksen and success.
    If bavies plays tomorrow night I'm considering a -8 with maddison holebas and mitro/Wilson in for bavies jimenez and schurlle.

Is a -8 a bad idea at this position? It'll leave me with a team that I'm pretty happy with going forward I will need attacking liverpool cover in a couple of weeks but im thinking if I can hold on till kdb is back I'll downgrade sterling and possibly aguero to get whoever is in form in.
    Basically should I consolidate and take the patient approach or play the risk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I've cracked the code lads.

This week:
    Augero and Silva Out(-4) Kane and Knockhaert In

Next week:
    Kane and Hazard Out(-4) Aguero and Salah In

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I've cracked the code lads.

This week:
    Augero and Silva Out(-4) Kane and Knockhaert In

Next week:
    Kane and Hazard Out(-4) Aguero and Salah In

You are basically giving up 8 points for a one week rental of Kane. You will need him to score big.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Benimar wrote: »
    You are basically giving up 8 points for a one week rental of Kane. You will need him to score big.

Really big if aguero even scores one
    And then add in the fact you won't have a player so widely owned getting points.........

• Advertisement

Yup that was the plan. Sergio to Kane and back again was always the plan. So I don't count them as the hit as such.

Sergio is also not a captain choice so if Kane and him match it's still in my favour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭kennethrhcp

Seen as most boardsies seem to be very good and up around the top couple of hundred thousand I'm looking for opinions.

I'm messing around with my team sitting at 160k after 4 green arrows in a row current team is
    Fab hamer
    Alonso taa bavies mendy awb
    Richi sterling hazard Fraser schurlle
    Aguero arnie Jimenez

Took a hit last week got arnie and richi in for eriksen and success.
    If bavies plays tomorrow night I'm considering a -8 with maddison holebas and mitro/Wilson in for bavies jimenez and schurlle.

Is a -8 a bad idea at this position? It'll leave me with a team that I'm pretty happy with going forward I will need attacking liverpool cover in a couple of weeks but im thinking if I can hold on till kdb is back I'll downgrade sterling and possibly aguero to get whoever is in form in.
    Basically should I consolidate and take the patient approach or play the risk?

that team doesn't need an 8point hit to get a decent 11 out there! if I were you i'd just look at Bavies/Mendy out & then wait on the IB for possible injuries & hits needed then.

do you still have your WC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Yup that was the plan. Sergio to Kane and back again was always the plan. So I don't count them as the hit as such.

Sergio is also not a captain choice so if Kane and him match it's still in my favour.

Not really.

Let’s assume you captain Hazard and both him and Aguero match last weeks scores. You will miss out on 10 (Hazards captain points) + 8 for Aguero + 8 for the hits. That’s 26 points.

Kane would need to score twice and get max bonus to break even.

Not really.

Let’s assume you captain Hazard and both him and Aguero match last weeks scores. You will miss out on 10 (Hazards captain points) + 8 for Aguero + 8 for the hits. That’s 26 points.

Kane would need to score twice and get max bonus to break even.

Good thinking actually I didn't think of my alternative Captain option. I've already done the move anyway. As I think Kane smashes it this weekend personally. Hopefully get another rise

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

that team doesn't need an 8point hit to get a decent 11 out there! if I were you i'd just look at Bavies/Mendy out & then wait on the IB for possible injuries & hits needed then.

do you still have your WC?

No used my wildcard in gw4. Think I'm in the position now where I may ride it out with mendy. relatively happy with the team was just a thought process tbh the 3 mentioned are first in line for the chopping block

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Will be saving the transfer this week (barring an injury) so only decision is:

Play AWB (WOL) or Doherty (cpl)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

FHFC wrote: »

Close. AWB for me, home fixture

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

KevIRL wrote: »
    Close. AWB for me, home fixture

Same plus he's a baps magnet so if they get a clean sheet he's highly likely to get bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Golador PVA has a taste for scoring again so maybe AWB can feed off his scraps with an assist or something while keeping a clean sheet. Doherty could well have a minus score due to goals conceded.

Plus they're the home team, and probably are the more likely team to score, if you want a more practical answer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Golador PVA has a taste for scoring again so maybe AWB can feed off his scraps with an assist or something while keeping a clean sheet. Doherty could well have a minus score due to goals conceded.

Plus they're the home team, and probably are the more likely team to score, if you want a more practical answer :)

Goals conceded? Palace don’t score too many and Wolves have only conceded 1 goal in their last 4 keeping 3 clean sheets. I can see a 0-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

AWB for me, as others said home fixture.

I've Robertson & Trippier.

And have to decide on AWB (WOL) or Kabasele (BOU)

Tough

I currently have both Doherty and AWB in my starting XI with Ings, Robertson and Neves on the bench.

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Goals conceded? Palace don’t score too many and Wolves have only conceded 1 goal in their last 4 keeping 3 clean sheets. I can see a 0-0

This is what makes it hard.

Wolves arguably a better defence and Doherty has such great attacking threat.

Palace home and AWB loves bps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

This is what makes it hard.

Wolves arguably a better defence and Doherty has such great attacking threat.

Palace home and AWB loves bps.

That game could easily be nil all........

Btw. I'm also starting Jiménez if that would change anyone's opinion.

All in on Wolves or have my attacker vs my defender.

Don't think I'd bench Jiménez for either defender.

• Advertisement

Btw. I'm also starting Jiménez if that would change anyone's opinion.

All in on Wolves or have my attacker vs my defender.

Don't think I'd bench Jiménez for either defender.

So wan b, doherty or jimeniez?

Given wan bs best chance or points is a clean sheet with bps then going with all of them seems counter productive.

Apologies if ive taken that up wrong.

All in on wolves for me

So wan b, doherty or jimeniez?

Given wan bs best chance or points is a clean sheet with bps then going with all of them seems counter productive.

Apologies if ive taken that up wrong.

All in on wolves for me

2 from those 3 to start yeh.

I would love to know if players that avoid having the likes of Jimenez and AWB in a starting XI because they face each other do better than those who just pick the players that are likeliest to score the most points.

There's probably very little between the two strategies tbh.

This week I can play Ings & Alonso, Aguero & Robertson and Neves/Doherty/Particio & AWB.

2 from those 3 to start yeh.

For them all to score 5 points or more they would all have to score or assist in the game, which seems unlikely.

Jimmenez g/a wipes out your cs for wanb

Wan b g/a wipes out dohertys cs

2 of them scoring well nearly gaurantees a 2 for doherty or wan b

Going with the 2 defenders kinds caps your max return

Were jimmenez could possible grab a few goals

So id go the wolves double

Sorry for pointing out some obvious stuff but thatd be my thoughts on it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Got my worse points tally at the weekend of 30 points, I averaging 50/60 points a week before that

De Gea
    Alonso Ake Robertson Wan Duffy
    Salah Mane Costa
    Kun Aub

Bench: Joselu, Obiang Hojbjerg

Have two free tranfers,Was thinking of bringing in Kane and not sure who else, any advice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭kennethrhcp

Got my worse points tally at the weekend of 30 points, I averaging 50/60 points a week before that

De Gea
    Alonso Ake Robertson Wan Duffy
    Salah Mane Costa
    Kun Aub

Bench: Joselu, Obiang Hojbjerg

Have two free tranfers,Was thinking of bringing in Kane and not sure who else, any advice?

I'd be looking at downgrading a massively under performing (fpl wise) DDG to a 4.5 gk (Pat, Fab, Ryan) & then looking at upgrading either the 3rd forward or the 3rd/4th mid.

not being rude but imo your issue is your 10th/11th starter & not moving Aguero to Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

I'd be looking at downgrading a massively under performing (fpl wise) DDG to a 4.5 gk (Pat, Fab, Ryan) & then looking at upgrading either the 3rd forward or the 3rd/4th mid.

not being rude but imo your issue is your 10th/11th starter & not moving Aguero to Kane

There's not too much wrong with that team to be honest but the keeper is an issue, United are leaking goals so no point tying up 6 on De Gea. Get him out and get in Ederson would be my advice. City will keep loads of clean sheets solely on the basis that they generally have >70% possession and teams play extremely defensively against them.

I've no idea why people try cheap out on keepers, it's madness. For an extra 1 you can upgrade from bottom team keeper to a top keeper and benefit from all the extra clean sheets the top teams will generally keep. And the beauty of the keeper is he is rotation proof and less likely to get injured than any other position.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

There's not too much wrong with that team to be honest but the keeper is an issue, United are leaking goals so no point tying up 6 on De Gea. Get him out and get in Ederson would be my advice. City will keep loads of clean sheets solely on the basis that they generally have >70% possession and teams play extremely defensively against them.

I've no idea why people try cheap out on keepers, it's madness. For an extra 1 you can upgrade from bottom team keeper to a top keeper and benefit from all the extra clean sheets the top teams will generally keep. And the beauty of the keeper is he is rotation proof and less likely to get injured than any other position.

Who else would you change for this game week?

Who else would you change for this game week?

I'd try fit Kane in for this GW if you're just looking at this week.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

+1

Although, tbh, main reason I have Ederson is because he's a 'set and forget keeper' so you'll have no nightmares about having a keeper scoreing 1/2 points in your team while your sub scores 6+. You can save 0.5m on the sub keeper then and only have 9.5m ties up on keepers.

Advertisement