Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

CSF wrote: »
    He was unattached. Mitrovic on the other hand I’m not one bit happy about.

Ah that's a bit naughty not having Mitrovic in! Have they a few other players they haven't priced up yet ala Mitrovic, even though they are definitively PL players months ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

SlickRic wrote: »
    my first proper draft. i know it's largely pointless, as it'll change by deadline, but still.

Ederson Button
    Daniels Mee Tomkins Bennett Peltier
    Salah Sane Gray Eriksen Deulofeu
    Aguero Firmino Bonatini

There is a Rate My Team Thread for these now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

What's the early thoughts on formations? 3-5-2 becomes a little trickier with arnie and zaha now being strikers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Game hasn't even started yet and I am already behind. Team ID over 200k :(

I was more focused on World Cup tbh, but surprised so many already signed up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

wonski wrote: »
    Game hasn't even started yet and I am already behind. Team ID over 200k :(

I was more focused on World Cup tbh, but surprised so many already signed up.

World Cup probably meant a few more than normal were keeping an eye on fantasy accounts on twitter! I saw it after three and a half hours and it was already upto 40k!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I’m almost certainly going to build a team based on best fixtures alone for first couple of weeks
    Might even bench boost in that time frame too as I’ll be avoiding a few of the more expensive players initially so may well be able to afford 15 decent starters
    Hopefully get a few price rises out of lads who may not be in a lot of teams too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I read something earlier looking at the extended breaks that Premier League players have got after finishing up a major tournament in the summer.

From what I remember it suggested that, with the exception of goalkeepers, that you're generally looking at GW3 before the players start making starts again and in some cases it's after the first international break.

If I knew that Kane and co weren't going to be involved until then it would make my plans a whole lot easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Its nuts that the season is starting on Aug 11 there is no reason for them to start it that early. It should be Aug 18. I think the season ends 2 or 3 weeks before the CL final aswell this year. The players that have made the SF will need at least 2 to 3 weeks off. Makes the start of the season dodgy for a lot of players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Paully D wrote: »
    If I knew that Kane and co weren't going to be involved until then it would make my plans a whole lot easier.
    Kane has a bad record in August
    He's playing competitive football through to 4 weeks before the season starts
    Spurs play their first 7 games in 7 different stadiums
    Likely Alli also needing a rest and Son away with Asian Cup

Put that 13m to better use, get him in on the wildcard later.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Kane has a bad record in August
    He's playing competitive football through to 4 weeks before the season starts
    Spurs play their first 7 games in 7 different stadiums
    Likely Alli also needing a rest and Son away with Asian Cup

Put that 13m to better use, get him in on the wildcard later.

This ^

• Advertisement

Wilshire added for 5ml
    Be interesting to see where he plays
    If it’s the lanzini role he may be worth a look
    Until he gets injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

km79 wrote: »
    Wilshire added for 5ml
    Be interesting to see where he plays
    If it’s the lanzini role he may be worth a look
    Until he gets injured

Wilshere has never been fantasy gold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,509 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Wilshere has never been fantasy gold
    No, but at 5 million, depending on his role in the team he could certainly be worth a look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Mahrez signed for Man City btw

manual_man wrote: »
    Mahrez signed for Man City btw

That's probably just going to make things worse for us I'm guessing. Going to make it very hard to know who to pick for their good runs now as he's presumably going to be getting a reasonable amount of gametime given how much they've paid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭remoteboy

jimmii wrote: »
    That's probably just going to make things worse for us I'm guessing. Going to make it very hard to know who to pick for their good runs now as he's presumably going to be getting a reasonable amount of gametime given how much they've paid.

Can see KDB and Sterling getting rested post World Cup. Sane should be nice and fresh. He’s my choice for early City fixtures.

remoteboy wrote: »
    Can see KDB and Sterling getting rested post World Cup. Sane should be nice and fresh. He’s my choice for early City fixtures.

Yeah he'd definitely be the one you'd expect to get the most game time initially. Harder to see a standout over the season though. Hopefully one of them jumps up a level and makes it harder for pep to rest them and easier for us to pick them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

jimmii wrote: »
    Yeah my first thought too - one more for the rotation :mad:

Looks like the Bednarek dream is over. :( Southampton close to signing Jannik Vestergaard.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/southampton/transfer-talk/news/vestergaard-undergoes-saints-medical_330300.html

Shaqiri in talks with Liverpool according to sky sports

• Advertisement

Looks like the Bednarek dream is over. :( Southampton close to signing Jannik Vestergaard.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/southampton/transfer-talk/news/vestergaard-undergoes-saints-medical_330300.html

1 Goal every 10 games or so
    Not bad

Probably makes McCarthy a more attractive option as well assuming they don’t sign a new keeper

1 Goal every 10 games or so
    Not bad

Probably makes McCarthy a more attractive option as well assuming they don’t sign a new keeper

Well they signed Angus Gunn from Man City yesterday for 10 million plus add-ons.

Well they signed Angus Gunn from Man City yesterday for 10 million plus add-ons.

Pity he wasn’t in the game before the move
    I wonder will Forster move on and this lad compete with McCarthy
    Probably too much uncertainty either way and Mark Hughes teams not reknowned for their defensive resilience !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,509 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Shaqiri in talks with Liverpool according to sky sports

This is a mad one. At face value he does not suit their system at all. I would say stay clear, given the price he’s likely to come in at.

Pity he wasn’t in the game before the move
    I wonder will Forster move on and this lad compete with McCarthy
    Probably too much uncertainty either way and Mark Hughes teams not reknowned for their defensive resilience !!!

Yeah I'd say Forster will be sold.

This is a mad one. At face value he does not suit their system at all. I would say stay clear, given the price he’s likely to come in at.

My thoughts too

DONE DEAL: West Ham confirm the signing of Ukraine striker Andriy Yarmolenko from Borussia Dortmund on a four-year deal - (via @WestHamUtd)

#TransferNews #WHUFC https://t.co/dUALEb4j2L

Arnie no longer a striker ?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Clearly just experienced, (relatively) cheap back up for their front 3. Barring injuries he'll get v limited minutes.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Clearly just experienced, (relatively) cheap back up for their front 3. Barring injuries he'll get v limited minutes.

Doesn’t strike me as a player who will be very happy with that ........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

DONE DEAL: West Ham confirm the signing of Ukraine striker Andriy Yarmolenko from Borussia Dortmund on a four-year deal - (via @WestHamUtd)

#TransferNews #WHUFC https://t.co/dUALEb4j2L

Arnie no longer a striker ?

I thought Yarmolenko was a wide player?

Granted this is based on seeing a Ukraine match at least 2 years ago, so I'm probably wrong, but it would nearly suggest towards pushing Arnie up front? Wilshere in the hole (Mick McCarthy gif please :) ) and Lanzini or someone else as the other wide player.

Advertisement