Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

Paully D wrote: »

https://twitter.com/StatsBomb/status/619520862727864320

For comparison sake took it from the replies under the original tweet

Edit: actually doesn't have all the same data

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Friday night rises make the wildcard more attractive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,886 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Lacazette or Vardy?
    Both!
    Its either / or unfortunately. Have Kane and Arnautovic also

Are you playing 4-2-4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

My take on the Liverpool trio

Salah for me is too expensive at 13m, you'd want an average of 9-10 points a gw from him, right now I see better value in having both mane and firminho at about 19m, it gives me twice as much a chance of goals and even they don't and Salah does, they will be assisting him.
    He's not even on pens or free kicks.
    It was amazing last year because he was so cheap, but now he's in the ronaldo/suarez price bracket and his output is not good enough this season.

It also enables you to have hazard and kun or Kane along with probably another premium midfielder in sterling or Silva.

3 weeks later, still no Salah, you'd be in a much better position having moved to hazard for salahs rough fixtures, he'll probably drop in price again over the international break. May be time to get him back in soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

After 8 games we have.
    Fraser, king and wilson 139 pts. 18 million starting prices.
    Salah, mane and firmino 124 pts. 32 million starting prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

After 8 games we have.

Gotta follow the form aye?

Gotta follow the form aye?

Bournemouth have also had great fixtures. Liverpool the opposite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

After 8 games we have.

Yea but your very unlikely to have two players from the same team as strikers - like King and Wilson, Sturridge and Suarez being the only exception a few year back I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Liverpool had a very tough run there but if you still have Salah and co, surely you have to keep for the next few. A bit of rest and favorable fixtures should do it. If Salah fails to perform over the next two, He's out for Sterling I think. Haz is already in

Making a move for Kane in for Aguero this week (-4) which subsequently took the captaincy off Hazard and cost me about 30 points! Ouch

The initial plan was to bank a transfer, have 2 for the intl break to sort out my keeper and get a cash cow on form over the term. What a disaster! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Nice piece on Salah, sums him up yesterday well.

"Relentless but wonky Mohamed Salah is like a supercar missing a wheel"

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/oct/07/wonky-mo-salah-supercar-missing-wheel-liverpool-manchester-city?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Salah getting stick but mane and firm not much bettter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Salah getting stick but mane and firm not much bettter.

They didn't have the same benchmark in fairness. He's not really getting criticised in that article. Still Liverpool's best attacker yesterday, still sublime in some aspects of his game, but composure was the word someone else here used in Matchday thread. Interesting to read that he was shanking shots in warmup too.

FHFC wrote: »
    They didn't have the same benchmark in fairness. He's not really getting criticised in that article. Still Liverpool's best attacker yesterday, still sublime in some aspects of his game, but composure was the word someone else here used in Matchday thread. Interesting to read that he was shanking shots in warmup too.

Having watched every minute of our games this season the one thing that really sticks out is the lack of goals.

We’ve had ample opportunities to score 4,5 or 6 in most of our games but have been awful in the final third.

Some poor decision making all round.

Hope they sort it out soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

FHFC wrote: »

You can see he is low on confidence and is snatching at everything.

The tame shot he hit straight at Ederson in second half - last year he bends that high towards left corner.

The one he blazed over - last year he goes for the lob.

From FPL point of view, I still have him but in reality Mane and Firmino don't look like good alternatives. Salah looks best for now but pressure on now to delivery in next couple of gameweeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Having watched every minute of our games this season the one thing that really sticks out is the lack of goals.

We’ve had ample opportunities to score 4,5 or 6 in most of our games but have been awful in the final third.

Some poor decision making all round.

Hope they sort it out soon.

Do you think it's to do with Mane and Salah? I feel there's something up there. Just never seem to pass to each other when it get positions. I could be looking into it to much and probably just stands out more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

For Salah to be worth is price he has to be consistantly getting points and just because he has 2 easy games doesnt make him a worthwhile buy.He has to deliver in every game for the price he is at.
    Bottom line he is not the same player as last season and I honestly think this is a more realistic score hes getting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭kennethrhcp

For Salah to be worth is price he has to be consistantly getting points and just because he has 2 easy games doesnt make him a worthwhile buy.He has to deliver in every game for the price he is at.
    Bottom line he is not the same player as last season and I honestly think this is a more realistic score hes getting.

I have him & keeping for the time being.

It's kind of a similar situation to Kane 2 weeks ago... 2 good fixtures coming up &was brought in by many at 12.4 & panic bought by many more for the last game... I really hope those that sacrificed Salah for Kane don't switch back.

I agree he's not at last years level but if/when it clicks he'll do wreck, being doing everything right bar the most important part

Do you think it's to do with Mane and Salah? I feel there's something up there. Just never seem to pass to each other when it get positions. I could be looking into it to much and probably just stands out more.

Maybe a few games ago it looked like that but I’ve been watching out for it and not seeing it.

I just think it’s chaotic in the final third and they all need to slow it down a fraction. But only a fraction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

I have him & keeping for the time being.

It's kind of a similar situation to Kane 2 weeks ago... 2 good fixtures coming up &was brought in by many at 12.4 & panic bought by many more for the last game... I really hope those that sacrificed Salah for Kane don't switch back.

I agree he's not at last years level but if/when it clicks he'll do wreck, being doing everything right bar the most important part

How many points would you considered a good haul from a 12.7 mid,he will be roating now aswell,hes not on free kicks or penos.He doesnt tick alot of boxes with just that he might find he form from last season ,he could have been a flash in the pan and as the weeks roll on its becoming obvious that is the case.
    I dont think hes in the Ronaldo price bracket range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭kennethrhcp

How many points would you considered a good haul from a 12.7 mid,he will be roating now aswell,hes not on free kicks or penos.He doesnt tick alot of boxes with just that he might find he form from last season ,he could have been a flash in the pan and as the weeks roll on its becoming obvious that is the case.
    I dont think hes in the Ronaldo price bracket range.

True he's not delivering the points that justifies such a lofty price tag but like I said I already own him & wont be getting rid (for next 2 at least).

I know it sounds stupid but owning him hasn't dented my team overall I feel... now I know opportunity cost means he probably has dented my OR but i'm very happy with my team & OR at present.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Salah has been getting enough chances to justify his price tag but not taking his chances. Now you could easily argue that chances do not equal points and is therefore irrelevant and it would be hard to disagree. I'm happy to keep him for the next 5/6 gameweeks and if his chance/point ratio has not improved then I'll be getting rid. He'll probably be valued at 12.5 at that stage so it may be more difficult to part company with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

slah at huddersfield..... this is where my patience is repaid.

and if now.

this is where I lose all my cash leagues.

CAPTAIN SALAH AHOY

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

My 3 premium attackers Hazard, Aguero & Kane. Who comes out for Salah?

Hazard - No

Aguero - Only getting 60 minutes.

Kane - Dropping way too deep.

Thinking of it now, mad to take out both Kane & Aguero and go with Lacazette & Salah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Ah the whole Hitler FPL meme is so a few years ago now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

He definitely didn't score nine goals.

KevIRL wrote: »
    Ah the whole Hitler FPL meme is so a few years ago now...

The greatest FSA moment of all time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

he did until the horrendous run of fixtures.

and he will again.

he's Liverpool's best attacker. he really is. Mane and Firmino are playing worse. at least Salah is creating his own chances. now, he's shanking a fair few of them, but hes still threatening.

i've said this a few times. if Salah is not stopping you from getting Hazard, or the amount of premium defenders you want, then there is no rush to get rid. Sterling is maybe the only other one you could argue that Salah could be sacrificed for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Paully D wrote: »

What it doesn't show is the other competitions like league cup and champions league where he was scoring for fun last year but not at that level this year so it's skewed a bit for me

Advertisement