Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

What it doesn't show is the other competitions like league cup and champions league where he was scoring for fun last year but not at that level this year so it's skewed a bit for me

I think.at this stage be had zero in either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

What it doesn't show is the other competitions like league cup and champions league where he was scoring for fun last year but not at that level this year so it's skewed a bit for me

He had 1 goal in the CL at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

next few weeks is where salah faith is repaid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Or the whole 9m V 13m thing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Or the whole 9m V 13m thing

People get tied up on money far too much.

This year we have the likes of cheap forwards like Ings, Jimenez, Wilson, King etc... all producing big scores.

Similarly you have your cheap Wolves defenders & your premium defenders all posting.

I said it before , I don’t think you should be comparing last years value to this years value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

https://twitter.com/FPLStatistics/status/1049713148146659333?s=19

Any thoughts on this? It correlates quite well with Hazard's minutes. For anyone who watches more Chelsea games than I do, does he pass the eye test or is it something to worry about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Chesty08 wrote: »
    People get tied up on money far too much.

This year we have the likes of cheap forwards like Ings, Jimenez, Wilson, King etc... all producing big scores.

Similarly you have your cheap Wolves defenders & your premium defenders all posting.

I said it before , I don’t think you should be comparing last years value to this years value.
    IS that not the whole point of the game? Pick the players within a 100m budget that gets you the most points?

4m is a huge difference for a midfielder/striker, probably allows you two more premium defenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

ScummyMan wrote: »

Any thoughts on this? It correlates quite well with Hazard's minutes. For anyone who watches more Chelsea games than I do, does he pass the eye test or is it something to worry about?
    I was actually just thinking that Alonso's role has changed since Hazards return when someone posted that Alonso is essential. I think most of Alonso's points from here on will be cs, in which case you are better off with a cheaper Chelsea defender instead of having funds tied up in a premium defender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    I was actually just thinking that Alonso's role has changed since Hazards return when someone posted that Alonso is essential. I think most of Alonso's points from here on will be cs, in which case you are better off with a cheaper Chelsea defender instead of having funds tied up in a premium defender.

It may correlate with Hazard's return but does it correlate with home/ away fixtures and the difficulty of Fixtures?. Lets take a look!

GW1-4
    Huddersfield Away - Hazard Played 14 mins
    Arsenal Home - Hazard Played 29 mins
    Newcastle Away - Hazard Played 90mins
    Bournemouth Home - Hazard Played 90mins

5 assists and 1 goal scored above. I don't see much correlation with Hazard. In the games Hazard didn't play a full 90minutes. Alonso got 2 assists and 1 goal.
    In the 2 games where Hazard played 90mins he got 3 assists.

GW4-8
    Cardiff Home
    West Ham Away
    Liverpool Home
    Southampton Away

I think most surprising here is that he didn't get a clean sheet against Cardiff.
    I suppose given the fixtures you would expect at least an assist but it just wasn't the case. His first 4 weeks the form wasn't sustainable.The fact that Chelsea are at least keeping clean sheets would make Alonso essential for me.Looking at it overall for the defender:

5 assists 1 goal in 8 weeks.
    4 clean sheets.

The touches in the box etc doesn't change much for me. I watched the Southampton game and he was very attacking and up near the box. The ball might not have been played to him but his position was always there.

If Alonso wasn't keeping clean sheets I'd argue that you could get a cheaper Chelsea defender to 'cover' the potential points but right now it's more likely Alonso can return attacking points for me. Also he's a whopper free kick taker.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Good work Shano. The free kicks is an excellent point and one I hadn't considered. It's one to watch though, as 6.9 is a lot to be paying for a defender, especially with the likes of Rudiger being a nailed on alternative.

• Advertisement

Good work Shano. The free kicks is an excellent point and one I hadn't considered. It's one to watch though, as 6.9 is a lot to be paying for a defender, especially with the likes of Rudiger being a nailed on alternative.

The one thing I've noticed with most people is. As soon as they take Alonso out after not getting attacking points. He then gets attacking points. It happend to me last year at some stage and I saw a few other posters say similar.

So the only way you could judge it would be

Rudgier + xxxxx
    V
    Alonso + xxxxx

As you'd spread the funds around. Alonso will 100% out score Rudiger throughout the season in my opinion. So the secondary player is the main one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

The one thing I've noticed with most people is. As soon as they take Alonso out after not getting attacking points. He then gets attacking points. It happend to me last year at some stage and I saw a few other posters say similar.

So the only way you could judge it would be

Rudgier + xxxxx
    V
    Alonso + xxxxx

As you'd spread the funds around. Alonso will 100% out score Rudiger throughout the season in my opinion. So the secondary player is the main one.

I held him for most of last season, through two or three price drops and then back up again! Hes possibly the most terrifying player in the league to but the confirm transfer button on.

I'm getting tempted to sell this year but I don't think I will. Great points Shano. Thanks.

Also the fact that he is at 46% ownership makes him even harder to sell. A 15 pointer there would really hurt!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Im thinking of selling alonso on wildcard. My defence would be Robertson mendy doherty jonny yedlin. Or i could do luiz instead of yedlin. I want to be able to play doherty every week he has a decent fixture. If i get alonso i will end up benching doherty too much. Now of course i could keep alonso over robertson or mendy. Between playing doherty or yedlin over the next 6. Id be getting watford, brighton , watford , bournemouth, huddersfield , cardiff and an extra 2 million to spend if i dont go alonso.

Im thinking of selling alonso on wildcard. My defence would be Robertson mendy doherty jonny yedlin. Or i could do luiz instead of yedlin. I want to be able to play doherty every week he has a decent fixture. If i get alonso i will end up benching doherty too much. Now of course i could keep alonso over robertson or mendy. Between playing doherty or yedlin over the next 6. Id be getting watford, brighton , watford , bournemouth, huddersfield , cardiff and an extra 2 million to spend if i dont go alonso.

Personally think anyone who didn't have Doherty the past few GW's missed out on him. I didn't have him either. I went with Bennett.

I wouldn't be getting Doherty in now imo. There's no way he's maintaining those scores in the upcoming weeks and Bennett is 0.3 or 0.4 cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Personally think anyone who didn't have Doherty the past few GW's missed out on him. I didn't have him either. I went with Bennett.

I wouldn't be getting Doherty in now imo. There's no way he's maintaining those scores in the upcoming weeks and Bennett is 0.3 or 0.4 cheaper.

That's such a big part of it I didn't have him either but Everyone is now trying to jump on a train that's already long gone it's about knowing which players to chase and when to cut your losses he falls into the latter for me

Ah I know ive missed the boat. He has had his purple patch and anyone that got him in has been massively rewarded. However i still think he is a great option. He plays in a team that is defensively good and he plays in a position that will ensure some attacking returns. Im going patricio, doherty and jonny on wildcard and will play all 3 the odd week. Jonny will be my bench player and a great option to come off the bench. Ive been very impressed with wolves but never got round to getting one of them in due to other issues in my team. Wolves will be top 8 IMO and there players are all priced at relegation prices. Over the past 4 weeks id have expected about 20 pts from doherty a great return for a 4.5. The fact he produced 41 pts in the 4 games and 39 pts in the 3 games you would have played him 13 pts a game. Is the type of unexpected boost you can only dream of in this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

MON will coach the football out of him over the next week anyway, will take NES a few weeks to get him back up to speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Not sure I agree that people have 'missed out' on Doherty. Is he going to bag a goal, 2 assists, 3 clean sheets and a few BPs in the next 3 gameweeks? Probably not.

Is he a good candidate going forward? I can't see why not? Chasing points is never great if you're expecting immediate returns but Doherty's and Wolves' numbers/performances make it pretty clear that he has not just enjoyed a lucky streak and he could easily continue to outscore Bennett (and much higher valued players) at a similar rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dicky2016

If Milner is injured, who do we expect on Liverpool Penalties?

Dicky2016 wrote: »

Think somebody posted before that it's Mane?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,012 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Fabinho if he plays. Possibly Firmino.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

FitzShane wrote: »

Fabinho if he plays. Possibly Firmino.

Didn't Fabinho miss one for Liverpool in a game or was I dreaming? 
    He had a 100% record (17 penalties)for Monaco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,012 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Didn't Fabinho miss one for Liverpool in a game or was I dreaming? 
    He had a 100% record (17 penalties)for Monaco.

Missed one in a pre-season friendly alright. Hasn't been on the pitch enough for any 'real' game penalties :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Mane took and scored a good few pre-season.

Fabinho is still not sure to play even with Milner out, I could see Shaq coming in for the easier games and going 4-2-1-3 (as against Soton).

Mane took and scored at least 2 pens pre-season I believe, and dispatched them very well iirc. My money would be on him, with even captain Hendo as a possibility. Couldn't rule out Salah either if it was a pen at 3-0 or so, to try get his confidence up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

S.M.B. wrote:
    Is he a good candidate going forward? I can't see why not? Chasing points is never great if you're expecting immediate returns but Doherty's and Wolves' numbers/performances make it pretty clear that he has not just enjoyed a lucky streak and he could easily continue to outscore Bennett (and much higher valued players) at a similar rate.

I'd agree with that and anyone picking Bennet over Doherty now will regret it. He's the most oop defender in the game this season as he's basically a midfielder most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Morzadec wrote:
    Mane took and scored at least 2 pens pre-season I believe, and dispatched them very well iirc. My money would be on him, with even captain Hendo as a possibility. Couldn't rule out Salah either if it was a pen at 3-0 or so, to try get his confidence up

Yea I think it will be Mané too going by the quality of the preseason penos that you mentioned.

Tv fixtures for xmas announced. Liverpool have the most favourable gaps between games. Its not that hectic a schedule for any team this year though so rotation wont be a huge issue. Midweek fixtures first week in december will probably bring more rotation than the xmas period. Salah has just scored direct from a corner for egypt.

Tv fixtures for xmas announced. Liverpool have the most favourable gaps between games. Its not that hectic a schedule for any team this year though so rotation wont be a huge issue. Midweek fixtures first week in december will probably bring more rotation than the xmas period. Salah has just scored direct from a corner for egypt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sicknotexi

Disappointed to have missed on on Doherty points but I held onto Mendy. Mendy is capable of making up those points in a few games and it might be hard for non owners to get him back in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Salah has just scored direct from a corner for egypt.

Went off injured then, groin apparently. Not sure if serious.

Advertisement