Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

You Kane captainers are annoying. I’m planning on
    Kane -> Firmino
    Son -> Sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1052952337856258049
    Think he might take the armband for me this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Leno
    AWB Bennet Tripper Robinson
    Salah Hazard Dilva Richarlison
    Aguero Mitro

Fodder Ings Zabaletta Hojbjerg

I’ve 1ft this week and think I’ll bank till next week as I don’t have many pressing issues for once

Not sure about Captain yet but it’s on Aguero right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Leno
    AWB Bennet Tripper Robinson
    Salah Hazard Dilva Richarlison
    Aguero Mitro

Fodder Ings Zabaletta Hojbjerg

I’ve 1ft this week and think I’ll bank till next week as I don’t have many pressing issues for once

Not sure about Captain yet but it’s on Aguero right now.

Aguero is my captain this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Kane -> Firmino
    Son -> Sterling

Captaining Sterling to make up the -4 and as a differential

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Patrico Speroni

Jonny Tripper AWB Alonso Zabaleta

Kenedy Maddison Rickyson Hazard Salah(c)

Arnie Aguero Ings

Starting line-up blacked out. Not sure whether I might chance Ings in front of Kenedy. Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭blackwave

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Patrico Speroni

Arnie Aguero Ings

Starting line-up blacked out. Not sure whether I might chance Ings in front of Kenedy. Any thoughts?

I would go with Ings, I think that Bournemouth defense is leaky enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Patrico Speroni

Arnie Aguero Ings

I would double up on wolves instead of playing AWB too. Well that's what I'm doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Having Aguero pre deadline nerves.

Want to bank and bring in Salah and Vardy from next week for free. Money from a Kane sale. I could handle an Aguero brace if Sterling and Kane get something today and this week. But terrifying thought Sergio could go rampant and England lads rested....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

We need to talk about Alonso

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

KevIRL wrote: »

I'd be happy to hold him.

2 clean sheets in the last 4 with the 2 blanks coming against Manchester United and Liverpool.

He was a poor first touch away from having a one-on-one with De Gea popping up in the opposition box.

Upcoming fixtures are bur, CPL, EVE, tot, FUL, wol, MCI, bri, LEI, wat, cpl, SOU, NEW and that takes us through to mid-January. Only 2 difficult games there and one is at home.

With so many decently priced midfield and striking options, it's not too necessary to free up funds. If he starts getting rotated the odd game then that's a completely different story, but he's worth persisting with for now IMO.

He's still getting forward quite a lot:

https://twitter.com/MC_of_A/status/1053621711822827520

Does anyone know the source of the above heatmap ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Happy to keep him for the next three and he had a decent chance at getting some attacking returns yesterday

Bigger fish to fry at the minute!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Not really
    He got in ridiculous attacking positions again yday
    Not even crossing my mind to sell him yet

Does anyone know the source of the above heatmap ?

whoscored.com do them

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1284824/Live/England-Premier-League-2018-2019-Chelsea-Manchester-United

I'd imagine all the data people use comes from Opta but I cant be sure about that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

km79 wrote: »
    Not really

Chelsea looked all over the place at the back at times during the match though. It's a concern as is lack of attacking returns since what? GW4?

The emergence of laca and now with kdb back mean that the 2.5mil or so gained by downgrading could be very useful. Am beginning to question the need for three premium and of Mendy/Robertson/Alonso he's the most likely to go if push comes to shove

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Not really
    Yeah watching the games he's poppig up unmarked so many times in the other box, must keep for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

The city midfield mine field needs discussing. Points everywhere and now kdb back. Are we better off with Aguero and Mendy and leave the midfield?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    The city midfield mine field needs discussing. Points everywhere and now kdb back. Are we better off with Aguero and Mendy and leave the midfield?

Yes imo.

Chelsea looked all over the place at the back at times during the match though. It's a concern as is lack of attacking returns since what? GW4?

The emergence of laca and now with kdb back mean that the 2.5mil or so gained by downgrading could be very useful. Am beginning to question the need for three premium and of Mendy/Robertson/Alonso he's the most likely to go if push comes to shove

He is a 6.5 ml midfielder playing for a top 6 Club on some set pieces and occasionally gets 4 points for a clean sheet
    That’s the way I’m looking at it
    Getting Pedro in along with him was a mistake at the time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

He is a 6.5 ml midfielder playing for a top 6 Club on some set pieces and occasionally gets 4 points for a clean sheet
    That’s the way I’m looking at it
    Getting Pedro in along with him was a mistake at the time

He also thinks he's a centre forward!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Dr. Bre wrote: »

I have sterling and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna keep and just accept he may miss the odd game due to rotation it wasn't a surprise yesterday but he will score well over the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

When your City mid gets a game off its the best time to have them as they should get a run of games. Especially Sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Im thinking mendy , robertson and one of gomez or laporte may be as good as going with alonso when you factor in the money saved and the fact you would feel more comfortable benching laporte and gomez for a tricky fixture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Just occurred to me that I have more interest in fantasy football then I do actual real life football.

I would actually say that I spend more time on this forum then I do watching games and despite supporting Chelsea for about 25 years now I'd prefer to see my triple captain score a hatty in a double gameweek then see Chelsea win the league.

Anyone else in the same boat or are you all football crazy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

COH wrote: »
    Just occurred to me that I have more interest in fantasy football then I do actual real life football.

I would actually say that I spend more time on this forum then I do watching games and despite supporting Chelsea for about 25 years now I'd prefer to see my triple captain score a hatty in a double gameweek then see Chelsea win the league.

Real football has always, and will always, be far more important to me.

I couldn’t foresee a stage where I don’t play FF as I enjoy it too much, and it does give me an interest in ‘less glamourous’ fixtures, but real life always wins out for me.

Im thinking mendy , robertson and one of gomez or laporte may be as good as going with alonso when you factor in the money saved and the fact you would feel more comfortable benching laporte and gomez for a tricky fixture.

I've Laporte Alonso and Robertson all next week. I may bench Laporte for Bennett tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

i love fantasy footy but i'm a diehard LFC fan and if it came down a choice between me winning fpl and Liverpool winning the league, it'd be Liverpool winning the league every time for me

• Advertisement

Everton fan here and I'd kick a child in the nuts if it meant we won the league.

But on a weekly basis I much prefer FPL. I generally just watch the big games and if Everton are on TV I'll try watch that.

I find football boring mostly now if either wasn't for FPL

Advertisement