Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Everton fan here and I'd kick a child in the nuts if it meant we won the league.

But on a weekly basis I much prefer FPL. I generally just watch the big games and if Everton are on TV I'll try watch that.

I find football boring mostly now if either wasn't for FPL

Best thing I've read all day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Blackburn fan. As there is no fantasy championship I’m left doing the FPL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

I'm a Newcastle fan but I've pretty much lost all interest in following the team over the last few years. Way more interested in FPL than actual football these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I said it on some thread before but I don’t watch any soccer these days. Saw bits of the Chelsea v Pool match earlier in the year cause I happened to be out for dinner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'm a West Ham fan. I'd go as far as avoiding players playing against West Ham. Served me well this year with the likes of Hazard, Kane etc blanking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

I’m the worst supporter on here - claim to be a Man Utd fan but only got into football thru watching Champions League while drinking cans in college! Then it was gambling that kept my interest, mainly on first goalscorer bets, and now I have a wife and 2 small kids (under 2) so this is my only outlet!

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

Football always ahead of FF for me. I'd rather see Chelsea win than my Capt hazard scoring a brace and lose match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I'm a West Ham fan. I'd go as far as avoiding players playing against West Ham. Served me well this year with the likes of Hazard, Kane etc blanking

So what you bench them for that game ?
    Or don’t buy them at all Cos they may be playing west ham soon ?
    That’s insane
    No Kane served you well Cos he is blanking against everyone !

Soon time to sell all your city players .......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Surely you mean avoid players playing FOR West Ham :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Man Utd fan since 1968, stuck with them through the barren years even when they got relegated, started losing interest when the Glazers took over, and even more when Fergie retired, can’t stand Mourinho so FPL is a God send even though my team is currently performing similarly to the United team of 1972/73.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

West ham fan and id take a lifetime of misery in fpl to see us win the league. I'll never captain anyone against us I don't care how good they or bad we are(which we seem to take as a challenge sometimes)

km79 wrote: »
    So what you bench them for that game ?
    Or don’t buy them at all Cos they may be playing west ham soon ?
    That’s insane
    No Kane served you well Cos he is blanking against everyone !

Soon time to sell all your city players .......
    Hazard got a haul in the game before WH this year, everyone bought him, I probably should have as cover, but didn't want the split allegiances so went without that week.

Sold Kane this week, probably would have kept him if he was playing against any other bottom-half club.

It's not a complete rule obviously, but I always rate West Ham as a tough fixture for players while others see it as a gimme.

Surely you mean avoid players playing FOR West Ham :pac:
    Generally, if West Ham are doing well in PL, I'm doing well in FF. Had Payet/Creswell in for all their glory days, think I TC'd Andy Carroll for a DGW that worked out once, had Arnie for his golden run last year (tipped him heavily on here before he hit form).

On the flipside, I've had far too many WH defenders in the bad days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Has anyone used BB yet, and what's the consensus on a single week BB?

My squad is looking strong at the moment and I'm tempted to use it this week.

My bench is:

Hennessy (ARS), Richarlison (mun), Bennett (bha), AWB (ARS)

I have 2 FTs and no pressing issues in my squad, so could go for McCarthy at home to Soton instead of Hennessy, and possibly punt on Pererya at home to Huds.

I'd hope to get maybe 15 points from such a bench which seems like a decent haul.

I know a lot were advocating a SGW BB at the start of the season. Was wondering what kind of points value people place on the BB

Morzadec wrote: »
    My bench is:

I have 2 FTs and no pressing issues in my squad, so could go for McCarthy at home to Soton instead of Hennessy, and possibly punt on Pererya at home to Huds.

I'd hope to get maybe 15 points from such a bench which seems like a decent haul.

Yeah you'd have to make subs to get 15 from that. Hennesy/AWB could end up with 0/2 points between them, so you're expecting a goal or two from Ricky at Old Trafford?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Has anyone used BB yet, and what's the consensus on a single week BB?

My squad is looking strong at the moment and I'm tempted to use it this week.

My bench is:

I know a lot were advocating a SGW BB at the start of the season. Was wondering what kind of points value people place on the BB

I wouldnt bet on getting 15 points from those fixtures your bench players have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Yeah you'd have to make subs to get 15 from that. Hennesy/AWB could end up with 0/2 points between them, so you're expecting a goal or two from Ricky at Old Trafford?

Why are people dropping Richarlison to the bench next week?

Is everybody oblivious to the fact the Man U have the 5th most goals conceded in the league, and the joint 5th most goals conceded at home? (in fewer games than 3 of the 4 who have conceded more)

Benimar wrote: »

Is everybody oblivious to the fact the Man U have the 5th most goals conceded in the league, and the joint 5th most goals conceded at home? (in fewer games than 3 of the 4 who have conceded more)

Because he was absolutely rubbish yday
    This is beginning to fell like last season with him again when I waited and waited and waited ..........

threein99 wrote: »
    I wouldnt bet on getting 15 points from those fixtures your bench players have.

Yeah the idea would be to make at least one sub (maybe two), with a forecast of maybe one cleany between McCarthy / Bennett, a 1-2 point cameo from AWB, and hopefully some returns from Pereya or Richy if I were to keep him.

It wouldn't be a lock by any means but there'd be a decent chance of 15 or maybe more if things really went my way.

Will probably leave it for another week however, would be nice to use it on a week where you could see a very viable chance of all 4 bench players returning.

I'm wondering what people view as par for BB? 12 points? 15 points? I think it's somewhere within that range probably.

Yeah I'm not delighted about having him on my bench which is why I was half mulling the BB...

Would you drop Fraser (Fulham away) or Hughes (Huds home) over him though..?

km79 wrote: »
    Because he was absolutely rubbish yday
    This is beginning to fell like last season with him again when I waited and waited and waited ..........

He scored in the previous game??

He has some great home fixtures coming up (BRI, CAR, NEW). Yes, the away games in between those 3 are tough so I could actually see a logic in outright selling him.

However, benching him if you keep him next week? Nah, not for me.

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm not delighted about having him on my bench which is why I was half mulling the BB...

Would you drop Fraser (Fulham away) or Hughes (Huds home) over him though..?

Hughes. 1 goal and 1 assist in 730 minutes. I know he has Huddersfield, but since the City game, they haven't been spanked in any match.

Hughes. 1 goal and 1 assist in 730 minutes. I know he has Huddersfield, but since the City game, they haven't been spanked in any match.

Yeah had Hughes on the bench previously. Looking into some xG stuff and it does probably seem the right call.

Probably a bit of availability bias from me as I think the only full Watford game I saw against Fulham he was excellent, got an assist and should have been given a penalty and was getting forward all the time.

I'll have a look at Bookies odds later in the week, but will prob bench Hughes

He scored in the previous game??

He has some great home fixtures coming up (BRI, CAR, NEW). Yes, the away games in between those 3 are tough so I could actually see a logic in outright selling him.

However, benching him if you keep him next week? Nah, not for me.

Only aguero in my front 8 has a tougher fixture
    And I ain’t dropping him !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Are TAA owners getting rid of him this week or keeping for Cardiff?

naughtb4 wrote: »

Going to stick with him after last nights price drop. Was considering downgrading one of my keepers and upgrading TAA to Robertson for free, but con't afford it now :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

naughtb4 wrote: »

I think ill keep him lovren to play instead of gomez is what may happen at the weekend.

Am I mad to be tempted to TC Salah V Cardiff?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Not mad because he's getting a lot of chances but I still don't think he's on top form, he was swiping at a few chances last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Well his underlying stats have been pretty good all season despite his lack of end product in front of goal, but he scored a brace midweek, and in theory should be coming into the weekend with a timely boost in confidence. Klopp has backed him to have ended the early season slump and Cardiff at home is probably the best fixture of the season. He's going to be heavily transferred in (especially with the uncertainty over Hazard) so probably the choice captains pick this gameweek... plus I'm captaining him too.

So to answer your question:

Don't do it - he's going to blank!

• Advertisement

COH wrote: »
    Well his underlying stats have been pretty good all season despite his lack of end product in front of goal, but he scored a brace midweek, and in theory should be coming into the weekend with a timely boost in confidence. Klopp has backed him to have ended the early season slump and Cardiff at home is probably the best fixture of the season. He's going to be heavily transferred in (especially with the uncertainty over Hazard) so probably the choice captains pick this gameweek... plus I'm captaining him too.

So to answer your question:

Don't do it - he's going to blank!

I only brought him in because of his midweek performance for Hazard! I had no intention otherwise.

I'll dwell with it but i'm strongly considering it. I captained him last year in a SGW and it was worth it.

Advertisement