Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

I only brought him in because of his midweek performance for Hazard! I had no intention otherwise.

I'll dwell with it but i'm strongly considering it. I captained him last year in a SGW and it was worth it.

Well if you brought him in for that performance then your very very easily pleased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Well if you brought him in for that performance then your very very easily pleased.

I didn't watch. I meant in the sense of two goals. If he blanked I wouldn't have even thought of bringing him in. My Main Rivals have him in for this week. I've Hazard who is a doubt and even if he plays could easily blank or be subbed due to injury.

My other captain alternatives are Mane who I don't feel 100% confident in. Or Robertson. Mitrovic is too big a differentially and as I'm top of my main league isn't really needed.

Whenever I've used the DGW for a TC it's failed. Or they've just scored 1 which I consider a fail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I think ill keep him lovren to play instead of gomez is what may happen at the weekend.

Thats pretty much what I am hoping for as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Salah yet to hve a game this season were he runs riot. Think the most points he has got is 8/9 in a game week. Cardiff has the potential of a 11 pointer or more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Salah yet to hve a game this season were he runs riot. Think the most points he has got is 8/9 in a game week. Cardiff has the potential of a 11 pointer or more

Anything over 10 points for TC would be a success based on the last 2 disasters I had
    But then the 25 Pointer the year before shows the potential of the chip too

I’ll still wait for a DGW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Salah confirms he’s number 2 penalty taker behind Milner:

https://twitter.com/skontorigga/status/1055439399784235010?s=21

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

All bar one of my team has an away fixture this weekend :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Just as i suspected re. Milner first choice. On current form Milner will play most games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Paully D wrote: »
    Salah confirms he’s number 2 penalty taker behind Milner:

https://twitter.com/skontorigga/status/1055439399784235010?s=21

Not sure if that's an entirely good thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Am I mad to be tempted to TC Salah V Cardiff?

Yes, you are mad. But so am I. Let's be mad together. It will be beautiful but grotesque in a symbiotic relationship where lust meets madness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Not mad because he's getting a lot of chances but I still don't think he's on top form, he was swiping at a few chances last night.

I'm tempted to TC Salah too but is it a waste not using the captain boost outside of a double gameweek?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Tempted to play Doherty over Mendy this gameweek. Should I go for it? Have Patricio also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

If you're already are playing Patricio I'd probably play Mendy. Double Wolves could be profitable but I don't think I'd ever bench Mendy once he's fit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sicknotexi

Tempted to play Doherty over Mendy this gameweek. Should I go for it? Have Patricio also.

I definitely would not.

I have Mane but no Salah for the Cardiff game, don't like it but can't get Salah in without a hit and losing Mane, Aguero or Hazard which doesn't seem worth it. I initially planned to WC when I got Salah out before last international break but decided against it as I would have only changed 3 or 4 players. Hoping Salah gets a rest at the weekend, he is due one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

sicknotexi wrote: »
    I have Mane but no Salah for the Cardiff game, don't like it but can't get Salah in without a hit and losing Mane, Aguero or Hazard which doesn't seem worth it. I initially planned to WC when I got Salah out before last international break but decided against it as I would have only changed 3 or 4 players. Hoping Salah gets a rest at the weekend, he is due one.

He won't. Came off after 72 minutes last night to rest up. Also, Liverpool have no midweek game next week.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I'm tempted to TC Salah too but is it a waste not using the captain boost outside of a double gameweek?

Not necessarily. As it can depend on the fixtures also. There's a lot of variables.

You could also use the free hit/ bench boost that week also.

I know a few people who used TC on Aguero V Huddersfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Chances are you will do worse overall from a TC in a SGW.
    Option 1 TC Sgw and normal captain in a DGW = 7 options to score.
    Option 2 TC dgw and normal captain in a SGW = 8 options to score.
    If you assume worst case scenario all options blank and just get the appearance points. Option 1 will get you 14 pts and Option 2 will get you 16 pts
    Of course option 1 could end up being higher but the chances of it being much higher than option 2 is low. Whereas option has a much bigger chance of ending up a lot higher than option 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

maybe see what the schedule from february and march for each of the top scorers across the top teams when the cup comps kick in and weather takes hold over the winter causing postponements.

strategically it would seem better to use a double game week but i've always wondered about this. Take for a gameweek with 3 days apart between games and Aguero is your choice - good chance he wouldn't have started the second game. Also, the fixtures are not certain to be points friendly fixtures.

what's the saying, bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush - loosely translated as make hay while the sun shines - maybe tripling up on a good fixture makes more sense, better to use a triple captain against the ****e teams than hold on?

the argument against that is that the benefit is only 1/3 more points than those who also make him their captain.

triple captain is best used on an obscure pick unlikely to be captained in a single or double - then just hope for the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    triple captain is best used on an obscure pick unlikely to be captained in a single or double - then just hope for the best.
    I still think back to the guy who TCd Mitovic a few years back in a SGW.

10 mins in - sent off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

GetWithIt wrote: »

10 mins in - sent off

Sometimes its better to get the heartache out of the way quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

GetWithIt wrote: »

10 mins in - sent off

Many of us endured 180mins TC on Lukaku, I'd argue that was an awful suffering....

Chances are you will do worse overall from a TC in a SGW.
    Option 1 TC Sgw and normal captain in a DGW = 7 options to score.
    Option 2 TC dgw and normal captain in a SGW = 8 options to score.
    If you assume worst case scenario all options blank and just get the appearance points. Option 1 will get you 14 pts and Option 2 will get you 16 pts
    Of course option 1 could end up being higher but the chances of it being much higher than option 2 is low. Whereas option has a much bigger chance of ending up a lot higher than option 1.

I agree completely busts. Mathematically speaking the percentages favor the DGW on the assumption plays 90mins. But that doesn't take into account the variables.

For example:

Salah has an expectancy of 8 points this week based on bookies.

In a double game week, he could have an expectancy of 4 points against one team and 4 points against the second team depending on fixtures. So the variable of fixtures are huge thing.

He also could have 8 points and 8 points expectancy in a DGW which would indicate the fixtures are easy but then if they have a CL game he may not play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

dahat wrote: »
    Many of us endured 180mins TC on Lukaku, I'd argue that was an awful suffering....
    Yes, but you had the hope. Your season could have been in the ****ter but you could still hang on to the last vestibule of hope that a TC miracle could turn it around. Blow it early and you’ve got nothing.

Benimar wrote: »
    He won't. Came off after 72 minutes last night to rest up. Also, Liverpool have no midweek game next week.

I just have a feeling he will be rotated soon. You heard it here first.

sicknotexi wrote: »
    I just have a feeling he will be rotated soon. You heard it here first.

Liverpool challenging for the league there is an absolute Zero chance he'll get rested in a league game barring a slight injury. He'll more likely be rested in a CL game if Liverpool are guaranteed a place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

How many DGWs are there likely to be for the top teams? Because the same principle applies to the bench boost and the one off squad token (whatever its called, I've never played since its introduced).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/ahopcroft13/status/1055078089355653120?s=19

I wouldn't...small sample size but still.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    How many DGWs are there likely to be for the top teams? Because the same principle applies to the bench boost and the one off squad token (whatever its called, I've never played since its introduced).

Free Hit

• Advertisement

Benimar wrote: »
    Liverpool challenging for the league there is an absolute Zero chance he'll get rested in a league game barring a slight injury. He'll more likely be rested in a CL game if Liverpool are guaranteed a place.

Liverpool aren't guaranteed a place in CL though. Mane and Firmino have been rotated. Lallana and Sturridge are itching to get game time in the league, it's only a matter of time before Salah gets a rest too imo. Will it be this weekend?, only time will tell.

Advertisement