Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitzpatrick's Bar and Restaurant has closed.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

17-pdr wrote: »
    Closed by order of the Bank of Ireland according to Talk of the Town. Always thought it did well. Unfortunate for the staff that will lose their jobs.

https://talkofthetown.ie/fitzpatricks-bar-and-restaurant-forced-to-close-its-doors/

according to fitzpatricks fb page and reported by talk of the town.

big loss to the area in terms of jobs and tourist activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭peejay1986

It was a very salty post from Fitzpatrick's on their Facebook page. Anyone know the story behind the bank closing the business?

Shame as it's a very nice spot which is always busy. Very unfortunate for the staff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

For the money the place was surely raking in, to not pay bills to bank is a farce.

Yeah I can't see anything other than shenanigans tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

They must have been making money, the place was always packed. I've had a couple of occasions where I struggled to get a reservation when the group was larger than 4 people. The prices weren't exactly cheap either, so I can't believe they didn't pay the bills because they genuinely couldn't afford to.

But yes, the post on facebook from them was very salty. Laid all the blame squarely on the bank which surely isn't the case entirely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭enricoh

Hard to believe it wasn't making money. If that place wasn't making money there's not much hope for any other restaurant!
    Big loss to the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

there was rumours last year that they were being closed because of a tax bill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Advertisement