Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refund - Closed Account

Options
  • 29-05-2018 3:20am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I am attempting to get a refund of the balance from a closed account.

The original account was my late Mother in Law's but on her passing we had to tranfer it into my wife's name as her accounts were frozen until probate. The property was sold and there was a balance left owing. I am trying to have that refunded.

Eventually a letter has been received by forwarded mail. The options given were to transfer the credit to our Electric Ireland Electricity Account (we do not have one as you do not provide service in our area) or to issue a cheque refund (This is also not optimal as we are not resident in Ireland)

The contact details given in the letter is to call your 1850 number, but once again that is not an option being resident outside Ireland.

The Bill was paid by Direct Deposit. Could you not just refund the credit balance in the same manner into our bank account?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

http://www.saynoto1890.com/2013/02/e/
    Electric Ireland (formerly ESB Customer Supply)
    Customer Service / Billing 1850372372 - Call Instead 018529534 or 018035145
    New Connections 1850372757 - Call Instead 0214947260
    ESB Switching Team 1850305090 - Call Instead 018529534
    Help Desk 1890372111 - Call Instead 018529534
    Residential 1850305085 - Call Instead 018529534
    Business Services 1850372787 - Call Instead 018529534

Hope this helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige B

Hi CabanSail,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If the account in question is in your wife's name, then she will need to contact Electric Ireland to discuss this further, for Data Protection purposes.

Please note, the international number for contacting a member of the Electric Ireland Customer Service team in 00353 1 8529534. They are available to call from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Saturday.

We hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Hi Brige,

Getting put on hold on an International Call soon adds up.

Would it be possible that you could PM me an email contact with the relevant department?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige B

Hi CabanSail,

Thanks for your message.

Customers can also contact the Electric Ireland Customer Service team by emailing service@electricireland.ie.

Please let us know if you have any other queries. We are happy to help.

Thanks,
    Brige

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Thanks

I will try that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement