Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consent on Android phone won't stop

Options
  • 29-05-2018 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,518 ✭✭✭✭

On my android phone using Chrome, I see a 'our Terms of use have changed' "button" that takes me to the new consent policy. Below it, is another button labeled 'accept.'

I click the consent policy, fine, click back, accept button is there, yet when I try to click it, nothing happens. The "G' bar comes up (the one that tries to do search) with the word 'agree' in it.

This doesn't happen on Ghostery, just Chrome, on the same phone. And, just with boards.ie, other sites wanting new consent (presumably due to GDPR), are fine once I click 'accept' or whatever.

Chrome 66.0.3359.158, Android 5.1.0 on HUAWEI CUN-L01

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

'i agree' button
    Thanks for highlighting this issue. This should be resolved now.

It's not!!!! Please fix this very simple problem for god sake, takes over half the screen on my android phone

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

If you're still having issues, can you try clearing your cache please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

If you're still having issues, can you try clearing your cache please

Hi Mark, feel free not to approve this as if anything it's just an offer of my knowledge to you guys!

I had it earlier today, incognito mode resolved it for me then when I reopened my normal browser on the phone it was grand.

Maybe if people would list the browsers and phone they're trying it on, I could post here helping them resolve it?

Cheers

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

If anyone is still having issues, could you let us know your browser, OS, network (if you're willing to offer that), and whether you're based inside or outside of Ireland. I'll leave responses unapproved.

Advertisement