Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SW 8/12 T7 GSM fault

Options
  • 29-05-2018 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

My alarm is going off every time the signal in the area drops. And it drops maybe 6-12 times a night and 30 times a day.
    The fault code I'm getting is:
    T7 GSM Tamper.
    Sim cards are about a year old now.
    Brand new dual com fitted one year ago by new engineer who bought maintenance company from my old service company.
    New guy is a tool and won't come out to fix it because he wants me to replace the whole system.
    I'm leaving this business in a few months and I'm not spending big money on this before then.

Is it possible the sim needs replacing?
    Is this a big job?
    Any tips for doing so on links to online tutorials gratefully received.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

Is it a gsm-p? Pay as you go sim? How old is the gsm?

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

Is it a gsm-p? Pay as you go sim? How old is the gsm?

Hi David, the GSM sim was put in about a year ago now. I don't know what kind of sim he used whether is was PAYG or billpay sorry.

Are you paying direct debt monthly ? If so its a gsm - sc. You have to pay a fee for the use of hkc web server. The gsm would be in a seprate white box. Were it says hkc on front you can remove the blanking cap and loosing screw drop cover, alsrm might sound unset with code. Have a look at pcb with sim in it and lable should be on pcb.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

My alarm is going off every time the signal in the area drops. And it drops maybe 6-12 times a night and 30 times a day.
    The fault code I'm getting is:
    T7 GSM Tamper.
    Sim cards are about a year old now.
    Brand new dual com fitted one year ago by new engineer who bought maintenance company from my old service company.
    New guy is a tool and won't come out to fix it because he wants me to replace the whole system.
    I'm leaving this business in a few months and I'm not spending big money on this before then.

Is it possible the sim needs replacing?
    Is this a big job?
    Any tips for doing so on links to online tutorials gratefully received.

Depends on what unit was installed, if you can open and post a picture that would be helpful.

When you say you are getting T7 Im assuming he has tampered the unit to this zone in the control panel. Can see why you would get this fault unless the tamper was opened on the unit.

I would say the tamper off zone 7 is faulty. Check what zone 7 is ? If your man wont come out if it is locked a good engineer she be able to unlock the panel. Send a photo of gsm opened up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement