Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due February 2019

Options
  • 29-05-2018 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

regular poster with a different account, few people might recognise me from my old account.. Got my positive last night... That super human sense of smell had returned so I thought I would test, my cycles are a bit irregular so I would usually be any alarm bells ringing just yet... and there it was, pregnant!

Due the 1st feb approx. that might change though.. my cycle is a bit irregular.

This is baby no. 2 for us, we have a 2 year old boy.. we weren't exactly trying but we weren't being careful either, if it happened, it happened! going to be going to Limerick as a public patient, appointment made with my GP for tomorrow to get the ball rolling, I am a high risk pregnancy so hoping to get seen by consultant asap..

Anyone else out there yet who are expecting in February

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

You'll have some job going back in time to have the baby. :D

Congratulations! Exciting times ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭sallysue2

You'll have some job going back in time to have the baby. :D

Congratulations! Exciting times ahead.

Baby brain has started early mystery egg!!

have updated the thread title now to due February 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Knockeen

Me too. Positive today. Due feb 11th... seems so far away. No symptoms yet.

congratulations knockeen, delighted to have someone else in the group! is this your first?

Number 3 but I’m 40 so bit nervous

• Advertisement

wow baby no. 3... how are you feeling? are you tired? with 2 more at home you mustn't get much time to rest...

really missing my coffee at the moment.. and the weather isn't helping so I am shattered!

tiredness Hasn’t hit yet.
    Looking forward to the long weekend though.,
    I’m having 1 cup of coffee every morning but no tea or coffee other than that.
    What date u due?
    How’s everyone else feeling?
    Did ye go to the gp yet. ?
    Exciting times

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Dir37

Also due early Feb but last one was two weeks late so will be the middle I think - found out last week and this will be our second. Already feel a bit sick and tired but hopefully it won’t get too bad! Living abroad so saw our GP for something else and he said they don’t even see people until after 12 weeks anyway

Knockeen wrote: »
    tiredness Hasn’t hit yet.
    Looking forward to the long weekend though.,
    I’m having 1 cup of coffee every morning but no tea or coffee other than that.
    What date u due?
    How’s everyone else feeling?
    Did ye go to the gp yet. ?
    Exciting times

I went to my GP already, got the ball rolling. Im not certain of my due date, anytime from 30th jan to the 2nd feb! I have irregular cycle but the last few have varied between 28 and 33 days so we will have to see... going to go for an early scan when I am around 8 weeks so I know for definite.

I am ok, sorest boobs ever! was the same on my last pregnancy, nausea on and off during the day which I never had on the last one.. also some digestive issues.. this is TMI but its like I just ate a vindaloo!!!

very exciting times ahead for us all.. seems so far away, even to the 12 weeks mark when we can start telling people! I was away with my family over the weekend and was trying to hide it, don't think I did a good job, I think my mam has clocked it.. she hasn't said anything but husband was quizzed on what was wrong with me! I don't think she bought the bad avocado breakfast excuse he gave her!

Dir37 congratulations and welcome to the group! The tiredness is such a killer, it was so much easier on the first when you could sleep as much as you wanted...

sallysue2 wrote: »

Dir37 congratulations and welcome to the group! The tiredness is such a killer, it was so much easier on the first when you could sleep as much as you wanted...

Thanks! Yeah the tiredness is hard, after dinner is my worst time right now my stomach goes bananas and that’s in the middle of when you have all the bedtime routines to be done before you get to veg on the couch.

The 12 week wait is killer isn’t it? I was convinced everything I put on today made me look preggo even though it’s just my imagination. Am thinking about an early scan too at 8 weeks just for the piece of mind.

• Advertisement

Oh no, how old is your little one? My stomach is at its worst mid morning, its ok when I get up, and after breakfast.. but as I get hungry for lunch it seems to be at its worst... then fine again once I eat..

well I think I am definitely a bit more bloated this time around.. Isnt it funny how we are, I didn't feel as tired yesterday and my boobs weren't as sore so I was convinced something had gone wrong... then today they are back with a bang!

Oh no, how old is your little one? My stomach is at its worst mid morning, its ok when I get up, and after breakfast.. but as I get hungry for lunch it seems to be at its worst... then fine again once I eat..

well I think I am definitely a bit more bloated this time around.. Isnt it funny how we are, I didn't feel as tired yesterday and my boobs weren't as sore so I was convinced something had gone wrong... then today they are back with a bang!

I have a three year old ball of energy, so at least it’s not that much work, she can just relax in front of the tv if needed and is worn out when we collect her most days. Ate nothing much other than plain carbs for dinner tonight and it helped a bit. I was a serial vomiter when I was pregnant before (few times a day) so I am hoping it won’t get that bad this time around.

When I was pregnant before we found out later (about six and a half weeks) and there was already a heartbeat so these early days are new to me this time around, it’s hard to not be convinced something is going wrong all the time but I guess is not much that can be done except wait it out unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 eileenf99

Hi everyone I am 4 weeks , we did frozen transfer and got bfp! I knew ahead of test we were lucky! We have 2y old B/G twins at home so busy times ahead!! Tryng to decide between private or public this time in rotunda. Anyone looking into this? Was publin last time with twins and had a few close calls but great care. Would love 1 consultant this time as a lot of what went wrong was being looked after by the registrars and jnr doctors. Need to ring my health insurance to check cover.

Hi Eileen, welcome to the group :) wow you will have a busy house with 3 smallies!

Im going Public in Limerick this time, I went public on my last baby too, I was a bit apprehensive about it as my boy was born very prematurely at 26 weeks and I was checked by a junior dr the day before I went into labour.. But my GP assured me that you can demand to see your consultant at appointments or if you go into admissions, and plenty of people do. But then again it would be nice to be seen by same person everytime so it might be worth the peace of mind, especially if you had a bad experience the last time.

How are you feeling Eileen? many symptoms yet?

I feel weird , the same weird I felt the last time. Its hard to explain , kind of like I am drugged!! The only thing I am hoping that there is 1 baby in there and not 2!! We transferred 2 last time after TTC for 7 years and multiple failed ivf.

How are you feeling any particular symptons yet?

I see a lot of people go to the GP , do we have to? I am with the fertility clinic so they will scan me at 7w so not sure if I need to visit gp too?

Eileen, Im sooo tired! I feel like I would sleep again for a full 8 hours... and its not even 8:30am yet! I fell asleep on the couch Saturday afternoon, my toddler was climbing all over me and I never woke up (so my husband told me)! Other than sore boobs and a little bit of nausea I am good... brought the toddler to an aquarium yesterday, worst experience of my life! He loved it, I spent my time trying not to vomit with the smell! What was I thinking!!!

Not sure what way things work with IVF and GP, Im sure if you gave them a call they would tell you what you need to do... fingers cross for one healthy baby in there Eileen!!!

Sallysue I was in the aquarium in bray yesterday too! Felt fine though thank god!

isn't that so funny, glad you found it ok. we were in the one in Galway, it smelt very fishy!

SO how are all the mammies to be? Still a very small group of us here xx

I am not feeling much tbh cant wait until 7w scan at my clinic to see something. How are you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Uptheduff

Me too. This is my first so maybe others can fill me in on a few things. I went to the Dr. to confirm last week. She took my word for it, never did a urine test. Is that standard?

The nurse took blood. Apparently I've got a heart murmur. They said I could expect a letter from the hospital about my 12 week scan and a test for my heart. Is the 12 week scan normally the first proper appointment?

Do I have a choice in what Dr. or midwife I deal with?
    Will it be the same person all through the pregnancy or is it luck of the draw whose there with me when I go into labour? Is it up to me to decide what kind of labour Id like or do they just throw you in stirrups and tell you to shut up when the time comes?

eileenf99 wrote: »
    I am not feeling much tbh cant wait until 7w scan at my clinic to see something. How are you?

I am so tired. I have never felt so tired in my life, I slept for 10 hours on Monday night and I had to take a half day from work to go home and sleep, slept for 2 hours yesterday afternoon. I honestly couldn't concentrate on my job I was so tired. Bit better today, Im wondering if my iron levels might be low..

Oh the wait is such a killer, what date is your scan? I have one booked for Friday week, will be approx. 8 weeks then.. cannot wait, just so I can relax a bit x

Hi uptheduff congrats!! I can only give you my experience from my last which was a twin pregnancy.

My GP took my word for it too , I guess a lot of them know that the home tests are very reliable so they don't need to check, although I am sure some do.

I didn't even go to my GP just rang the Rotunda to make 12w scan appointment and I got the 9th of August. I might visit the GP for a check up soon though to let him know!

12w scan is the first proper appointment with hospital yes. Your GP deals with you until then generally if you have any issues. There is also an A and E department in all maternity hospitals that you can visit with any major concerns.

You only get a choice of who you deal with if you chose to go private which even with most health insurance costs a few thousand as you have to pay the consultants fees. Semi private is a bit cheaper but generally it is a pool of doctors not a specific one.

I didn't get to do a 'birth plan' as I was having twins which is high risk so I just had to go with the flow , ended up having an emer section due to pre eclampsia. At one point they told me I would have to be knocked out for the section and I was devastated but thankfully I just about was ok to get an epidural and experience it.

I would say have an idea of the type of birth you would like , but just expect that on the day things can change and try not to get too upset about that.

I am hoping for a VB this time myself .

Uptheduff wrote: »
    Me too. This is my first so maybe others can fill me in on a few things. I went to the Dr. to confirm last week. She took my word for it, never did a urine test. Is that standard?

The nurse took blood. Apparently I've got a heart murmur. They said I could expect a letter from the hospital about my 12 week scan and a test for my heart. Is the 12 week scan normally the first proper appointment?

Do I have a choice in what Dr. or midwife I deal with?
    Will it be the same person all through the pregnancy or is it luck of the draw whose there with me when I go into labour? Is it up to me to decide what kind of labour Id like or do they just throw you in stirrups and tell you to shut up when the time comes?

It depends, my gp did one for me, but only after I asked her to double check because I had only done one test myself this time! TBH the clear blue or first response tests are way more accurate than the ones that most of the GPs have. but if I didn't ask her to do it, she would have taken my word for it.

I take it you are going public, I went public on my last pregnancy and this one. It varies from hospital to hospital what way your appointments are. But generally, you are seen first at 12weeks or close to it. You get your booking in appointment, bloods done and a scan, you see the midwife and dr if needs be.

You can request a particular consultant if you want, you are not guaranteed them but you can request, it will depend on the drs lists. You will only see a member of his team, unless you have a complicated pregnancy and need to see the consultant. you will generally be under the same consultant all the way through, but you might meet different members of their team.

It is absolutely up to you what kind of birth you have (within reason). Sometimes and depending who you have with you in the room, you might need to speak up for yourself a bit. Don't be afraid to be firm. it will be the luck of the draw with who is on that day. I didn't have the most straightforward of labours last time (my boy was born at 26 weeks) so we were trying to keep him in for as long as possible to let the steroid injections work and give him a better chance. But I had 2 lovely midwives and one thundering ****. But overall, everything was ok.

I am so tired. I have never felt so tired in my life, I slept for 10 hours on Monday night and I had to take a half day from work to go home and sleep, slept for 2 hours yesterday afternoon. I honestly couldn't concentrate on my job I was so tired. Bit better today, Im wondering if my iron levels might be low..

Oh the wait is such a killer, what date is your scan? I have one booked for Friday week, will be approx. 8 weeks then.. cannot wait, just so I can relax a bit x

I ab booked in the 28th of June for one at 7w in my ivf clinic! they do it as part of the fee if you are successful , last time I was there we were finishing the scan and the nurse said ' oh wait there is another one there!!' , hope its less dramatic this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Uptheduff

Thanks for the feedback @Sallysue2 and @Eileenf99. I'm over 35, not by much, but still! I'm not sure if that puts me in a risky category. There's the heart murmur too. The Dr. said it was probably nothing to worry about but since this is all new to me I have lots of questions.

This is a somewhat unexpected pregnancy and I'm having a few unusual emotions around it. Someone very close to me has been struggling with IVF for a few years now and I almost feel guilty for getting pregnant. I'm not sure how I will broach the subject when its time to tell friends and family. Very early days yet though so I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Uptheduff try not to worry about your friend and enjoy your pregnancy. as someone who done ivf for years and had many close friends and family pregnancy announcements in that time you do get over it and are happy for the people but it is a difficult journey all the same.

I am officially struggling now, so tired and started with the nausea and some vomiting already :( I am hoping it won’t ramp up too much more as it’s already making concentrating at work hard.

I think for the birth have an idea of what you want but it might change like everyone said. My first was okay for most of it but they had to intervene at the end so there were like six people in the room but at that stage you just don’t care.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭raemie10

Hi ladies.
    Back here again after multiple miscarriages.
    I’ve everything crossed for this time (due Feb 18th).
    I’m 5 weeks 5 days Since my last period but ovulated late so going by ovulation date I’m 4 weeks 6 days :)
    Have insane tiredness at times and my boobs are so heavy and full!
    Went to my GP last Wednesday and as I’m going public, she has requested an early scan (at earliest 7 weeks) in UH Galway.
    I don’t think I will sleep soundly until the first scan and then I’ll be anxious until 12 weeks. Hoping for the beat anyway and feeling relatively positive for now (telling myself I can’t havw any more bad luck!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Fmh0623

Hi,

Congrats all.

I'm now in the Feb 2019 club with number 2. Number one isn't far off 3 but its amazing how much you forget.
    First was colic, reflux, milk allergy and tongue tie. Praying first for healthy child, secondly to avoid the above list. First also induction so hoping to go into labour naturally this time.
    Can hardly remember the whole hospital process. Am. I right thinking semi private is €750 upfront and scans on a pay as you go basis. Considering going public this time as if I have to wait hours it'll be on works time not mine. Feb is a low birth rate month so possibility of getting semi private or private room under vhi. Luck of the draw on the day really.

Advertisement