Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due February 2019

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jenny7367

The problem with going there is it 2 hours drive and we don't drive. I don't have any pain with it that's why I decided not to go there. I'm hoping it's just something that happens to some pregnant women. Meeting my doc at 10 this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jenny7367

Congrats to everyone in this group. I'm leaving this group my baby stopped growing. I hope he all have a happy and healthy pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Dir37

Jenny7367 wrote: »
    Congrats to everyone in this group. I'm leaving this group my baby stopped growing. I hope he all have a happy and healthy pregnancy.

So sorry to hear that Jenny7367. Mind yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Uptheduff

So sorry to hear that Jenny. Take care of yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Hi Folks,

My other half is due in February. Unplanned and our first so very overwhelming and exciting.
    This Saturday will be 12 weeks- I'm just wondering would a scan be advisable next week? And if so, where would be best/cheapest? We are based in Dublin.
    She had a 9 week scan and everything was tip top but said we would wait till 12 weeks to let friends/family know so we are that bit more confident that all will be ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

My other half is due in February. Unplanned and our first so very overwhelming and exciting. This Saturday will be 12 weeks- I'm just wondering would a scan be advisable next week? And if so, where would be best/cheapest? We are based in Dublin. She had a 9 week scan and everything was tip top but said we would wait till 12 weeks to let friends/family know so we are that bit more confident that all will be ok.

If you've registered with a maternity hospital they may be offering you a 12 week scan soon, unless the scan at 9 weeks was with them?

We used Ultrascan in Ballymount for two scans and found them to be excellent. Costs around 100euro and worth every cent for peace of mind.

Best of luck with everything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Daisy Flame

Sorry for your loss Jenny.
    Hi Folks,

My other half is due in February. Unplanned and our first so very overwhelming and exciting.
    This Saturday will be 12 weeks- I'm just wondering would a scan be advisable next week? And if so, where would be best/cheapest? We are based in Dublin.
    She had a 9 week scan and everything was tip top but said we would wait till 12 weeks to let friends/family know so we are that bit more confident that all will be ok.

I had an early scan at Ultrasound Dimmensions in Blackrock and it cost €100, I think that's about standard although the price goes up as the pregnancy progresses. Most hospitals do a 12 week scan although not all. I'm going to be in the overflow clinic for my booking appointment in Holles Street and they don't scan there. They will be able to listen to the heartbeat though so personally I feel OK now waiting until the big scan at 21 weeks.

Have to say, the scan was an amazing experience, didn't expect to find it so emotional! We told our families after and its been lovely to share the excitement. Feels a lot more real now. Currently 10 and a half weeks so going to tell my manager at 12 weeks and looking forward to telling friends after my booking appointment in 3 weeks. Going to a wedding on Saturday (my second this month, terrible timing!) and I'm sure a few people will guess anyway as I'm not usually one to turn down a drink! Hope everyone is doing ok, nausea beginning to lift for me in the last couple of days, fingers crossed that's the end of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Jenny, hope you are managing ok in this tough time. Heart goes out to you. (Had not noticed the previous posts when posting yesterday)

Thanks both for your responses. Yes we had a 9 week scan in the maternity hospital and have an appointment with consultant early August. I assume he will be able to tell us that all is ok? That would be 13 weeks and I think we'll tell our wider circle then. (Sorry if that's a stupid question, all new for us).

The GF had been finding it fairly tough with the nausea and pains but she has improved the last couple of days.

How’s everyone feeling now? Almost 14 weeks here and still pretty sick/wrecked but started telling people at least so I don’t have to be so paranoid about it showing.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭lems

Hi!
    I'm due my first baby 18-02-19 and have my 12 week appointment and scan this Tuesday and I'm a ball of nerves, can anyone tell me what exactly to expect from the appointment? I know that there's the scan and bloods etc, but the letter states it can go on for 4 hrs? What else can I expect?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Erin_M

lems wrote: »
    Hi!
    I'm due my first baby 18-02-19 and have my 12 week appointment and scan this Tuesday and I'm a ball of nerves, can anyone tell me what exactly to expect from the appointment? I know that there's the scan and bloods etc, but the letter states it can go on for 4 hrs? What else can I expect?

Hi - I think 2 hours is a more realistic timeframe unless you get caught waiting ages. A midwife will go through a very detailed medical history including questions about certain family illnesses (high blood pressure, depression). You will be weighed, height measured, lots of blood taken and then another wait for a scan (i wasn’t scanned by midwife who did all the medical history). During that scan lots more questions asked and screening tests might be brought up depending on your age. Most of the time was spent waiting around to be honest. Good luck!

Very quiet in here! How is everyone doing? I'm 16 weeks and beginning to have a bump :) Finding the second trimester isn't quite as easy as I'd expected but overall feeling ok. Haven't bought anything for the baby yet yet but starting to think about what we'll need now and starting an overdue clear out and tidy up of our apartment so we actually have somewhere to put things!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭lems

Very quiet in here! How is everyone doing? I'm 16 weeks and beginning to have a bump :) Finding the second trimester isn't quite as easy as I'd expected but overall feeling ok. Haven't bought anything for the baby yet yet but starting to think about what we'll need now and starting an overdue clear out and tidy up of our apartment so we actually have somewhere to put things!

I'm 16 weeks now too and bump is starting to show too :) definitely feeling much better too! Had gender scan this morning so were having a baby girl, absolutely delighted! :)

lems wrote: »
    I'm 16 weeks now too and bump is starting to show too :) definitely feeling much better too! Had gender scan this morning so were having a baby girl, absolutely delighted! :)

Ahh lovely! I think we're going to find out the sex at the anomaly scan :)

I am closer to 19 weeks now and have had a bump for awhile (hello second child making it obvious). Have an anatomy scan next week, I am also mad to find out the gender!

Advertisement