Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iphones dropping wifi connection

• 29-05-2018 10:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭

Hi folks, I have a dual band D-Link router. When I have the same name for the 2.4 and 5.0 ghz bands, the iphones in the house keep dropping connection. They connect for a second and then it drops again. Tried all the usual stuff on the phones - renew lease, reset network settings etc., but nothing works.

The main reason I want the same name for the 2 frequencies is that the Xbox One networking is much better this way. I get an open NAT with these settings but other way I get a 'strict NAT' or 'double NAT' which affects online gaming.

Hope this makes sense and that someone might have a solution. Thanks

Advertisement