Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this normal?

Options
  • 29-05-2018 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

requested a simple network unlock code as am out of contract. got the reply below. is this normal? seems a bit much !
    [font=SFNSText, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, sans-serif]
    Dear Customer,

Thank you for your recent contact with eir to request a Network Unlocking, Case Reference: X.

We would like to confirm that we have received your iPhone unlocking request and your phone was remotely unlocked.

In order to fully unlock the phone, you will need to follow the below steps:

1. Place the NEW SIM card of the new operator you wish to use into the iPhone.

2. The iPhone will then 'Brick' (a security feature) and will require a connection to iTunes to perform a 'Customer Restore'. Please connect the iPhone with iTunes.

3. iTunes will detect the IMEI of the device and search for updates (Note: This is normal and is performed every time the iPhone is connected to iTunes).

4. iTunes will detect the new SIM card and that the 'Unlock Key' is available. It will then deploy the Unlock Key to the device.

5. From here (still connected to iTunes), the iPhone will perform the standard un-brick process which includes:

·         Check for latest Software update

·         Perform a customer restore (SYNC)

During this process, your iPhone will detect the SIM of a new network operator and iTunes will deploy the necessary 'Carrier Bundle' to the phone. This contains the correct settings for the new network operator, which also includes the operators' 'Network Lock'.

'Network Lock' means that iPhone will then become locked to the new network.

Once the syncing is complete, iPhone is now ready for use with another network operator.

We would like to advise that if you need to unlock your iPhone again, you will need to contact the network operator the phone is now locked to. You can find this information by going to your iPhone Settings > General >About and beside 'Carrier' the network operator will be displayed.

I hope this email is of some assistance to your query.

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]If you have any further queries on your order or your service, call us on 1901 or visit www.eir.ie or click here https://www.eir.ie/chatnow/ to chat with one of our agents.[/font]

?

Regards,

[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

alsiet2017 wrote: »
    requested a simple network unlock code as am out of contract. got the reply below. is this normal? seems a bit much !
    [font=SFNSText,]
    Dear Customer,

Thank you for your recent contact with eir to request a Network Unlocking, Case Reference: X.

We would like to confirm that we have received your iPhone unlocking request and your phone was remotely unlocked.

In order to fully unlock the phone, you will need to follow the below steps:

1. Place the NEW SIM card of the new operator you wish to use into the iPhone.

2. The iPhone will then 'Brick' (a security feature) and will require a connection to iTunes to perform a 'Customer Restore'. Please connect the iPhone with iTunes.

3. iTunes will detect the IMEI of the device and search for updates (Note: This is normal and is performed every time the iPhone is connected to iTunes).

4. iTunes will detect the new SIM card and that the 'Unlock Key' is available. It will then deploy the Unlock Key to the device.

5. From here (still connected to iTunes), the iPhone will perform the standard un-brick process which includes:

·         Check for latest Software update

·         Perform a customer restore (SYNC)

During this process, your iPhone will detect the SIM of a new network operator and iTunes will deploy the necessary 'Carrier Bundle' to the phone. This contains the correct settings for the new network operator, which also includes the operators' 'Network Lock'.

'Network Lock' means that iPhone will then become locked to the new network.

Once the syncing is complete, iPhone is now ready for use with another network operator.

We would like to advise that if you need to unlock your iPhone again, you will need to contact the network operator the phone is now locked to. You can find this information by going to your iPhone Settings > General >About and beside 'Carrier' the network operator will be displayed.

I hope this email is of some assistance to your query.

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]If you have any further queries on your order or your service, call us on 1901 or visit www.eir.ie or click here https://www.eir.ie/chatnow/ to chat with one of our agents.[/font]

?

Regards,

[/font]
    Hi alsie2017, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. 

This is the standard process to get the unlocking code for an iphone, all these steps would need to be followed.  

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭RobiePAX

iPhones are just fun that way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

I’ve never had to connect ANY iPhone I’ve unlocked before to iTunes . I just simply removed the original network SIM card and put another one in and it worked no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

jay93 wrote: »
    I’ve never had to connect ANY iPhone I’ve unlocked before to iTunes . I just simply removed the original network SIM card and put another one in and it worked no problem.
    Hi jay93,

In order to unlock your iPhone it will need to be connected to iTunes initially.

If you require more information or have any questions regarding this process, I would recommend contacting our support team on 1901.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement