Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are module feedback requests really anonymous?

• 29-05-2018 12:40pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49

I filled a few up last week, and I said some blunt things in them. In another I made a joke, and then at the end I said "this is anonymous right?!"

One or two days later I was told by our internship manager that my summer placement was cancelled, and that they've now created an alternative summer research project for me. I can not help but wonder if this (along with another incident earlier in the year) had something to do with it.

However, all this happened before the deadline for module feedback (May 25th), so maybe lecturers don't bother looking at module feedback until they're sure all feedback forms have been filled up.

Comments

Yes they are anonymous. Did you ask why the placement was cancelled?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49 CulptPrit

Yes they are anonymous. Did you ask why the placement was cancelled?
    But can you really be sure. And even if they are, the technology exists to find out who it was... though they'd hardly go to that much trouble.

I did ask. The answer didn't make a lot of sense. Seemed like they were looking for a reason to pull the plug. They'll always find something as no one is ever completely without blame, but it's just the news of it came 5 weeks after I'd been told I secured it. Because of this delay, all the summer college projects had be taken.

CulptPrit wrote: »
    But can you really be sure.

No I can't. But, as a former lecturer, I can be 99% sure. We very much welcome negative feedback.

Summer internships/placements are known to change last minute. I had one during my own undergrad that was also cancelled after I got accepted. I'd say you're looking too much into it, I'd instead ask again for some clarification. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

As Aristotle said, the feedback given by students through the system is 99.9% anonymous. Also, if you got notice before the deadline, I'm 99.9% certain they wouldn't have been able to access it or see the feedback that had been submitted before then, so the issues with placement are probably unrelated to the feedback you gave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

However, all this happened before the deadline for module feedback (May 25th), so maybe lecturers don't bother looking at module feedback until they're sure all feedback forms have been filled up.

Lecturer's can't see feedback until provisional results come out I think. Certainly not while the module feedback window is still open.

They also can't see who left feedback, at all, at least by default. It might be possible, if a lecturer complains, for UCD itself to find out who left feedback - I don't know, but it's definitely not possible for a lecturer to find out just by their own devices.

I always left feedback vague enough that it couldn't be traced back to me. I think paranoia in an institution which seems to care as much as UCD does about things is probably warranted.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49 CulptPrit

Summer internships/placements are known to change last minute.
    If only our internship manager had stressed that point to students!

Why was your internship cancelled?

If only our internship manager had stressed that point to students!

Why was your internship cancelled?

The organiser took a leave of absence.

Advertisement