Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I get any kind of mortgage?

Options
  • 29-05-2018 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I am a 35 yo single with no children. I owned a flat when I was a teacher in England and sold it last year and moved back to Ireland.
    I now have a new job - not teaching and a salary drop, in Dublin. I have a max of 20,000 euro deposit and could afford rerepayments on a mortgage of 180,000 but my salary is 32 thousand and so LTI is very low.
    I don't qualify for rebuilding ireland scheme as am not a FTB. So frustrating, I will end up paying rent when I could be paying my own mortgage.
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Thanks Caro85Rose for getting in touch and your interest in applying for a mortgage with us.

Would you like us to arrange a call from one of our Mortgage Advisors to talk through the options with you? Feel free to send us a PM we would be happy to arrange this for you.

Please check you have you have private messages enabled or if you prefer we can PM you?

You can also call 1890 365 345 Mon-Fri 8am-8pm and Sat 10am -2pm

Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Caro83Rose

Hi Alison - thanks for getting in touch. A PM would be great.
    Caroline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi Caro83Rose,

Thanks for the reply.

Please PM us your query and contact details and we will pass it onto our mortgage team.

Thanks,

Kareana

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Caro83Rose

Just sent you a PM there!

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Caro83Rose wrote: »
    I am a 35 yo single with no children. I owned a flat when I was a teacher in England and sold it last year and moved back to Ireland.
    I now have a new job - not teaching and a salary drop, in Dublin. I have a max of 20,000 euro deposit and could afford rerepayments on a mortgage of 180,000 but my salary is 32 thousand and so LTI is very low.
    I don't qualify for rebuilding ireland scheme as am not a FTB. So frustrating, I will end up paying rent when I could be paying my own mortgage.
    Any ideas?

You would classify as FTB as it only applies to properties within the state. IIRC theres a thread in the property forum about it

• Advertisement
Advertisement