Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning Search Fees Limerick

Options
  • 29-05-2018 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hi,

Grateful for any advice.

My solicitor was quoted 240+VAT by a third party to carry out a planning search for a property in Limerick.

Can anyone recommend someone a little cheaper to carry out the planning search? House is 1940's in the city area so archives aren't digitised I believe.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

240 plus vat is a good price.

The greatest value is that if they balls it up, you immediately claim against their professional indemnity insurance. For that alone it's worth the 240.

A house is a huge purchase. Don't skimp.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭thewiseowl12

myshirt wrote: »
    240 plus vat is a good price.

The greatest value is that if they balls it up, you immediately claim against their professional indemnity insurance. For that alone it's worth the 240.

A house is a huge purchase. Don't skimp.

Best of luck.

Thanks myshirt.

I'm just minded to ask by my solicitor(based elsewhere) as they're used to €125+VAT being the typical fee, as opposed to €240+VAT.

Is that the typical fee in the Limerick area?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Thanks myshirt.

I'm just minded to ask by my solicitor(based elsewhere) as they're used to €125+VAT being the typical fee, as opposed to €240+VAT.

Is that the typical fee in the Limerick area?

Thanks.

All I would say to you is if you think the guy at 240 is expensive, wait until you see what the guy at 125 will cost you. I wouldn't mess around over 100 or so quid.

Advertisement