Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Karius is broken it's quiet sad really for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I don't even want Karius putting the cones out in training without being supervised at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Karius must actually want to retire at this stage. His head must be gone.

Moreno was doing his traditional move too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Obviously too much to expect Karius to even attempt a save.

Haha what a div

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Shocking to think some people on here were all for giving Karius another chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Knex. wrote: »
    Can't see FSG having an issue splashing the cash for Pulisic if Klopp does actually want him, considering the American angle.

The marketing would be ridiculous. He's already the poster boy for US 'Soccer'.

He'd be a super signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

ricero wrote: »
    I know its only a friendly but the drop in quality from out front 3 to the rest is quite shocking.

I know we signed Shaqiri but really feel we need another attacker signed.

Oh lord Karius !

Championship level stuff. Lower PL, at best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

And another Karius spill...

At this stage, it's almost cruel naming him in the team.

Let's just sell/loan him out asap and let him just escape the spotlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Obviously too much to expect Karius to even attempt a save.

He regularly does this. Doesn't even dive and people will think it was unstoppable. I'm not so sure again I think there is a good chance a top keeper will save that. Just as I type that he has another howler. Thank god we have signed a keeper. Keita on the otherhand looks very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Karius might not even be good enough to be number 2. All over the shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Can't blame karius for that FFS,I'd blame Moreno for letting him get a powerful shot off right Infront of goal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I personally blame internet Liverpool fans for turning on Karius! That's why he's playing shyte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

He was hardly to blame for the two late goals. We have replaced him so relax.

He's a better keeper than he's showing, but he's totally lost the plot. Head looks completely gone. Looks like he needs to just get away from all the attention for a while and refocus. Loan back to Germany or something.

I personally blame internet Liverpool fans for turning on Karius! That's why he's playing shyte.

I'm guessing you're being facetious, but that's definitely part of the problem. Thousands upon thousands of comments every day on every platform he's connected to telling him he's ****, meme's and jokes about him all over the football portion of the internet... for a guy who seems fairly mentally fragile to begin with, that's gotta be ****ing harrowing. I know if my work was being criticized to even .01% of the amount his is, i'd not want to get out of bed in the morning.

Honestly feel really really sorry for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Some amount of passion in these posts... must have been a very important match on today and not a glorified training session. I can only imagine what Boards would have been like back when Sean Dundee arrived.

If Ming is staying he simply has to be no. 2, Karius will be working as a postman by the time he's 30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Poor Karius. Jaysus

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    And another Karius spill...

At this stage, it's almost cruel naming him in the team.

Let's just sell/loan him out asap and let him just escape the spotlight.

How the feck can you call that a spill,was a powerful shot straight at him from in close,your being a little harsh now in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

I'm not sure even sending him on loan is a good idea at this stage. Tell him to go back packing for 6 months under an assumed name, after a blade zero and growing a beard. It's just a freak show now, playing him in these friendlies.

• Advertisement

Karius working along side a top keeper could improve vastly. Becker can have an influence hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I didn't even see it and I'm appalled.

Klopp needs to bomb him out right now, send him back so Edwards can find him a safe space in another league on loan if necessary. Just throw Grabara the No 1 shirt and let him show what he can do - he's a fine keeper.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Some amount of passion in these posts... must have been a very important match on today and not a glorified training session. I can only imagine what Boards would have been like back when Sean Dundee arrived.

Glorified training session or Champions League final.... Karius fails to impress in both. An all-rounder.

corwill wrote: »
    I'm not sure even sending him on loan is a good idea at this stage. Tell to go back packing for 6 months under an assumed name after a blade zero and growing a beard. It's just a freak show now, playing him in these friendlies.

He could always take up modeling.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I'm not sure even sending him on loan is a good idea at this stage. Tell to go back packing for 6 months under an assumed name after a blade zero and growing a beard. It's just a freak show now, playing him in these friendlies.

Send 1K on a J1. It’s the only solution now, 3 months cleaning up vomit in a Myrtle Beach theme park and he’ll be ready to come back and take this goalkeeping thing very, very seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Fabinho and Keita both looked sharp and good on the ball.

Clyne also looking sharp which is good to see. Van Dijk was also very good.

The reserve forwards are the drizzling ****s ( in fairness Sturridge looked okay) and I think we gotta splash some more cash on another attacking player.

shamrock55 wrote: »
    How the feck can you call that a spill,was a powerful shot straight at him from in close,your being a little harsh now in fairness

Yeah was a bit harsh alright after seeing replays. Still would've wanted him to be putting it safer, or trying to get a hold of it, but certainly wasn't as bad as i first thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Karius working along side a top keeper could improve vastly. Becker can have an influence hopefully.

Hopefully it doesn’t happen the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Pyjamarama wrote:
    Some amount of passion in these posts... must have been a very important match on today and not a glorified training session.

A lot of players playing today won't be guaranteed game time when the season starts. I expected a few of them to be trying to impress more than they did. A lot of them fighting for those places sat out the world cup too.
    Karius working along side a top keeper could improve vastly.

It won't. He's a busted flush.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I would not have loaned Wilson.

He is confident while Origi & Solanke are both looking badly out of form.

Keita is going to create so many chances. His pressing high up the pitch is brillant as well.

• Advertisement

The only forward that looked anyway half decent was Solanke just a pity he doesn’t have an end product yet.

Got in all the right place and had the pass of the game.

Our back ups for Mane, Salah & Firmino just aren’t strong enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Could be worse lads, we could have been linked with Harry Maguire for 65M :eek:

Origi had fewer touches and than Matip in the game lol

Jet lag ;)

When at Hull he looked decent, and would have been a clever purchase like Shakira. He cost 12m, just worth the chance at that money.

When at Hull he looked decent, and would have been a clever purchase like Shakira. He cost 12m, just worth the chance at that money.

He's always looked pretty flat-footed to me, I couldn't see him working well in our set up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

He's always looked pretty flat-footed to me, I couldn't see him working well in our set up.

Who are ye talking about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    He's a better keeper than he's showing, but he's totally lost the plot. Head looks completely gone. Looks like he needs to just get away from all the attention for a while and refocus. Loan back to Germany or something.

I'm guessing you're being facetious, but that's definitely part of the problem. Thousands upon thousands of comments every day on every platform he's connected to telling him he's ****, meme's and jokes about him all over the football portion of the internet... for a guy who seems fairly mentally fragile to begin with, that's gotta be ****ing harrowing. I know if my work was being criticized to even .01% of the amount his is, i'd not want to get out of bed in the morning.

Honestly feel really really sorry for him.

Lots of players have had dodgy spells at clubs, Lucas being a good example. If you don't have the strength of character to battle through that and show your worth, you don't belong at this level.

As for platforms he connects to, that could be half the problem for him. Disconnect and focus on the job, instead of the likes and the selfies.

Who are ye talking about?

Maguire.

You don't shout or sing at games your well suited to city so,btw how can you be a Liverpool fan if you had a season ticket at city for 10 yrs,I'm confused

Have you never lived abroad ?

Do you not go to sporting events ?

If you currently lived on the south coast of England would you not pick up a season ticket at Bournemouth to watch live premier league football every other week ?

If you lived in NY and had the opportunity to go to a basketball or baseball game would you not go because you’re a Liverpool fan ?

Have you ever even left your village ?

You’ve asked one of the weirdest questions I’ve ever been asked.

I lived in a city abroad. Kevin Keegan managed a local soccer team. My ‘inlaws’ were City fans. I loved watching live soccer ever other week.

No es complicado.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

If you currently lived on the south coast of England would you not pick up a season ticket at Bournemouth to watch live premier league football every other week ?

If you lived in NY and had the opportunity to go to a basketball or baseball game would you not go because you’re a Liverpool fan ?

I lived in a city abroad. Kevin Keegan managed a local soccer team. My ‘inlaws’ were City fans. I loved watching live soccer ever other week.

No es complicado.

Are you paying too much for car insurance?

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    Are you paying too much for car insurance?

I don’t get it.

No es complicado.

I lived in London for 10 yrs,I didn't get a season ticket to any London club for those 10 yrs went to the odd game yes but went to Liverpool games whenever I could,btw don't be talking about living in New York and **** the guy was living in Manchester FFS it's half an HR away for god's sake

Sorry just realised the guy is you

I don’t get it.

Last two games I've attended at Anfield, I've flown into Manchester.

Maybe the questions asked of you are relating to how close Manchester is to Liverpool.

Personally I can see why you would opt to buy a season ticket for City as it be available, cheaper and a handier to get to.

Now no one begrudges you going to the odd city game,but having a season ticket for 10 yrs when anfield is half an HR up the red and you call yourself a Liverpool fan,now that's seriously taking the piss my friend

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Last two games I've attended at Anfield, I've flown into Manchester.

Maybe the questions asked of you are relating to how close Manchester is to Liverpool.

Personally I can see why you would opt to buy a season ticket for City as it be available, cheaper and a handier to get to.

Ah. I see.

Never found it easy to get tickets for Anfield. The season ticket fell in my lap that year or I never would have a chance of getting a season ticket.

I went to the opening season games at Anfield for a good few years and I never paid less than about £250 for a ticket. I remember paying nearly £400 one season.

I also went for my birthday most years but again would pay the guts of £200 for a ticket.

It was a treat to go. Financially it wasn’t a regular option.

Edit - never paid one penny to attend a City game. My season ticket was bought for me every year. And I was picked up for every game in a nice car and then left home. I loved going to the matches. Loved it. Still can’t believe Micah Richards didn’t go on to be the best CB ever.

Edit edit - I paid about £1,100 for the year I did get the season ticket for Anfield.

Now no one begrudges you going to the odd city game,but having a season ticket for 10 yrs when anfield is half an HR up the red and you call yourself a Liverpool fan,now that's seriously taking the piss my friend

Are Liverpool season tickets easy to purchase? I've always heard there is a long waiting list..

Charlie19 wrote: »
    [/B]

Are Liverpool season tickets easy to purchase? I've always heard there is a long waiting list..

24000 waiting list not sure how many yrs but you don't need a season ticket to go to games

24000 waiting list not sure how many yrs but you don't need a season ticket to go to games

So why begrudge someone that can buy a season ticket of a club close to home and watch live games involving the top six teams in the league.

then can also travel up to Liverpool when possible.

I just cant see the point in your argument.

If that's the case why don't I instead of working my ass off to find and pay for 3/4 Liverpool home games every season just head over to man city and pick up a handy season ticket for cheap and go watch a few big games there instead shur it's football right.
    IM A FCUKING LIVERPOOL SUPPORTER that's why
    As shankly himself said if Everton were playing in my back garden I'd draw the curtains
    And if you don't understand that maybe you should head over to Manchester with your friend I'm sure they'd be glad of your custom

• Advertisement

If that's the case why don't I instead of working my ass off to find and pay for 3/4 Liverpool home games every season just head over to man city and pick up a handy season ticket for cheap and go watch a few big games there instead shur it's football right.
    IM A FCUKING LIVERPOOL SUPPORTER that's why
    As shankly himself said if Everton were playing in my back garden I'd draw the curtains
    And if you don't understand that maybe you should head over to Manchester with your friend I'm sure they'd be glad of your custom

Wow. It really defines you eh. Do you were the jersey all the time too ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement