Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Dunno, I think bananas being thrown at Barnes by Everton fans is probably worse than anything Karius would receive.

It is but at least that was time boxed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Dunno, I think bananas being thrown at Barnes by Everton fans is probably worse than anything Karius would receive.

In fairness most of Karius' generation don't know the first thing about discrimination, thinking they are being offended on a "platform" when 30 yrs ago people were regularly spat on and punched for being black / Irish / gay etc - in the ACTUAL world like.. where punches break your nose and phlegm tangles your hair. Virtual bullying, it's not like it used to be. I wish I could have switched off a phone to avoid grief when studying in London..

Do we have any additional starters for next game in US? I'm relishing the sight of Keita, Fabinho, Mo, Mane, Salah in first match. Who will make 3rd mildfielder assuming Henderson is rested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Mel Reddy and an interesting look at the assembly of the current recruitment strategy

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/level-up-behind-the-upgrade-in-liverpools-transfer-strategy-191274

and yes the schism between Rodgers (plus his lack of traction in the marketplace) and the TC is laid bare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is she on a one woman crusade to make the term “Gloveman” a thing instead of just saying keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Capture09.jpg

From Reddy:
    "In the 51-year-old’s first game as Reds manager - the 0-0 draw at Tottenham on 17 October 2015 - the bench read: Adam Bodgan, Kolo Toure, Connor Randall, Allen, Ibe, Jerome Sinclair and Joao Teixeira."

Golly. To think we could now have Mig (ok ok), Gomez, Clyne, Shaqiri, Henderson, Milner, Lallana on the bench.

Apart from having real cover for Firmino, the squad has been vastly over-hauled.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

To be honest that bench doesn't look that impressive on paper.

Sign more attackers, more more more. Attack attack attack.

Blimey! From Bad News Pearse

There could be up to seven departures over the coming fortnight - potentially generating up to £100million in sales.

The Reds are open to offers for Origi, who has struggled to impress since returning from a loan spell at Wolfsburg.

Liverpool want 30million Euros (£27million) for the Belgium international with Valencia keen to secure his services.

Danny Ings, Marko Grujic, Sheyi Ojo, Lazar Markovic, Simon Mignolet and Pedro Chirivella are also expected to move on during the current window.

We knew Migs and Dings were likely to be off, looks like Origi has drawn the short straw vis a vis Sturridge/Solanke. Selling Grujic feels a bit short sighted, Cardiff will buy him for sure and he'll do well there. If Edwards gets about 100m for that lot he better spend it on Dembele and then be made a Freeman of Liverpool :)

£100m and the Coutinho money buys Mmbop ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Rumblings tonight on twitter that Fekir has told Aulas he wants to leave Lyon.

Also rumours he is considering handing in a transfer request

• Advertisement

£100m and the Coutinho money buys Mmbop ;)

Coutinho is the Sequoiadendron giganteum of transfers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

We knew Migs and Dings were likely to be off, looks like Origi has drawn the short straw vis a vis Sturridge/Solanke. Selling Grujic feels a bit short sighted, Cardiff will buy him for sure and he'll do well there. If Edwards gets about 100m for that lot he better spend it on Dembele and then be made a Freeman of Liverpool :)
    Grujic will go on loan unless there is a ridiculous offer for him. In the current climate he's a £20M+ player.

If the club got a £100m for that lot the net spend would be back to near zero again :)

Ward paid for Shaqiri and that £100m paid for Alisson & Fabinho.

Keita was out of last summers budget.

****ing FSG cheapskates.

That would be hilarious - there would be questions asked though if no late bid was made for Fekir or similar. It feels like the squad is one top level forward and/or CB short

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

If we could improve the squad as much as this while breaking even over the past two seasons, that’s the sign of top class recruitment.

Fcuk Fabinho and Keita, I’m getting Michael Edwards’ name on the back of my next jersey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

emo72 wrote:
    Why anyone perseveres with Twitter or Facebook or any social media is beyond me. Between living the dream life of a professional footballer and family and friends what else do you need in life? Social media only brings negatives. Basically any dope in the world can contact you. Why leave yourself open to that?

The irony when you realise this is social media

That would be hilarious - there would be questions asked though if no late bid was made for Fekir or similar. It feels like the squad is one top level forward and/or CB short

And that’s where the Coutinho money comes into play.

It probably puts them in the black and gives the club an actual profit in the transfer market even taking into account VVD’s signing in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

We need to get 126M in transfers out for Klopp to break even.

As if securing the services of a top notch keeper wasn't enough to keep us happy, Roma have now used the cash to buy Malcom, ahead of Everton! Life just gets better and better as a great man said recently.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

garra wrote: »
    As if securing the services of a top notch keeper wasn't enough to keep us happy, Roma have now used the cash to buy Malcom, ahead of Everton! Life just gets better and better as a great man said recently.

Haven't Roma been gazumped themselves by Barca?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

5starpool wrote: »
    Haven't Roma been gazumped themselves by Barca?

Hopefully, maybe they'll be willing to let us pick up Dembele!

Mr.H wrote: »
    The irony when you realise this is social media

I didn't realise emo72 was a professional footballer. What a revelation!

5starpool wrote:

He didnt say professional footballer. He said he doesnt understand why anyone uses social media (im paraphrasing).

Surely we wont be letting both migs and karius leave? We need some sort of back up to becks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Blimey! From Bad News Pearse

The article states their preferred option is a new contract and loan to Cardiff. They'd sell him for £20m+ which is fair enough IMHO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Surely we wont be letting both migs and karius leave? We need some sort of back up to becks?

I'd get in James Blunt, he's pretty good at social media.

Unless we bring in an experienced #2 to tide us over for a year, if Karius only goes on loan? Casillas?

He didnt say professional footballer. He said he doesnt understand why anyone uses social media (im paraphrasing).

True enough. Aside from using the likes of this place, I don't use social media either other than twitter as a source of crap/news and certainly don't share my opinions on it. I can't speak for people half my age who are in the public eye, but for most of them the downsides of being accessible are surely far greater than the upside. I don't know if it is a touch of vanity, or just wanting to be more 'normal' in some respects, but it's hard to see the benefits.

Not actively using it though doesn't mean that it is easy to avoid the kind of poison regularly posted by the bottom dwellers on there, which is a big enough % to make you almost weep, that enough people feel the need (or get the courage under cover of near anonymity) to be outright nasty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Shaqiri has already payed back his transfer fee for this gif.

https://twitter.com/empireofthekop/status/1021692738025271296

We knew Migs and Dings were likely to be off, looks like Origi has drawn the short straw vis a vis Sturridge/Solanke. ...........

Interesting, Klopp must reckon he's not getting close to being back to his best in an LFC shirt. That injury could well be responsible. Dunno will he fetch €30m mentioned in the Echo though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

On phone so can't post it , but Casillas just posted a compilation of his own worst howlers on Twitter in support of Karius. Fair play to him .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

5starpool wrote: »

Could have been, if only women and beer and hanging out with the lads wasn't such fun!

Switch off the phone lads, have a cup of coffee look out the kitchen window at your 3 acre garden, and go build a feckin decking with a giant jacuzzi and invite all the lads over with their hot wives and girlfriends. You'll still have loads of money left over to pay the bills

There's enough to be doing without taking insults from online idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Makes sense to sell Origi,
    He will fetch the most money , isn't as good as Studge and Solanke has possible a higher ceiling than him,
    I really think Solanke needs a loan move just to play every week,

Thanks

There was a time when I felt there was something up in Mig's personal life that was effecting him on the pitch........ gambling problems, sick relative, love life issues whatever. I'm not sure that was ever the case of course.

With Karius, it seems that the on pitch issues might well be reaching a point where it will effect his personal life and that's very sad too and quite worrying if he's genuinely troubled etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The only way I see it being done this summer is if Fekir hands in a transfer request.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

**** me that's what counts as a transfer source. Some fan gets a selfie and says he want's to move to Liverpool.

Editor at the mirror must be a monkey.

rob316 wrote: »
    **** me that's what counts as a transfer source. Some fan gets a selfie and says he want's to move to Liverpool.

Editor at the mirror must be a monkey.

It's direct from the player though, he would love this move clearly.If we don't sign him are we going to sign another target, clearly Klopp thought we needed him.

Well he agreed a contract and did his interviews and everything, so imagine how p1ssed off he is!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Fekir would have every right to be angry with us for selling him on our project then pulling out of the deal, insinuating his knees are ****ed (thus effecting his attractiveness to other interested parties). The fact that he isn't and still seems keen on joining us suggests we've been giving him private assurances we're still interested and are just playing the long game with Aulas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Fekir would have every right to be angry with us for selling him on our project then pulling out of the deal, insinuating his knees are ****ed (thus effecting his attractiveness to other interested parties). The fact that he isn't and still seems keen on joining us suggests we've been giving him private assurances we're still interested and are just playing the long game with Aulas.

Wonder if we're playing for the transfer request angle

Why would we be playing games over a transfer if his knee isn’t injured in someway?

It’s not like we didn’t agree a fee for him already with Lyon.

If the club have concerns over his knee the club are well within their right to have him have the corrective surgery while he is still a Lyon player in case it goes tits up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Out of interest, who still thinks we're signing Fekir this summer? It looks dead as a doornail to me.

Surely "he wants to leave" means nothing when he's previously agreed to join Liverpool, posed in a jersey for a photoshoot, recorded an interview and done a medical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Why would we be playing games over a transfer if his knee isn’t injured in someway?

It’s not like we didn’t agree a fee for him already with Lyon.

If the club have concerns over his knee the club are well within their right to have him have the corrective surgery while he is still a Lyon player in case it goes tits up.

Like knee surgery is a good idea with guaranteed results

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

James Pearce in the echo saying that Sturridge will be staying on for the season

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/1021740388720226304

Liverpool paid agreed fees for all their targets recently, so for those saying we are trying to wring more value out of Lyon for Fekir, why would the club do that unless there were real and genuine fears over the reconstruction of his knee? It may still happen, although it looks less likely than before, but it is not down to penny pinching.

Like knee surgery is a good idea with guaranteed results

So Liverpool should pay £60m and tie the player down to a 5 year contract on a £150k a week contract and then let him have the surgery?

That would a stupid crazy risk in my opinion.

Let Lyon take that risk and if the Surgery is successful then a deal can be done.

Tis official (Pearce) - Sturridge is staying.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

If he stays fit and shows a bit of more effort, he's worth keeping around.
    But I think that if Klopp is to use him, Klopp needs to bend to where Sturridge is most effective also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Often a statement like that means for sale,was ward getting his chance in the first team a couple of weeks ago?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement