Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Big congrats to Jerome Sinclair on his way to Sunderland on a season long loan. Grass isn't always greener!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Anyone see on ESPN they claim we will make one more major signing ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Who is the 'they' in this instance?

Anyone I normally go to for updated news on our transfer business - Pearce, the Echo, Joyce - have all said we're done barring any late injuries.

Just curious to know where the alternative suggestions are coming from!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Anyone watch the game? Seeing google news on phone Man City fans moaning about Liverpool playing dirty

Who is the 'they' in this instance?

Anyone I normally go to for updated news on our transfer business - Pearce, the Echo, Joyce - have all said we're done barring any late injuries.

Just curious to know where the alternative suggestions are coming from!!
    ESPN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

ESPN

Ah, yes, the famed reporter ESPN. :rolleyes:

Was it someone who normally has details about the club or someone new entirely?

ESPN wouldn't be the most reliable source of sports news but they do, often, have reporters on from other sources who are good with detail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

ESPN

Totally unreliable and probably linking to the persistent Vida rumours that have already been dismissed.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Joe Hart and Loris Karius on the same pitch, it should have been Clanger-a-palooza this morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

Umaro wrote: »
    1st team additions since Klopp joined:

bu72wea0h6c11.png
    With everyone fit and available this is pretty much our best 11- just swap Bobby F in for Shaqiri. Shows how much work Klopp has had to do, and how he's been backed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

this is pretty much our best 11- just swap Bobby F in for Shaqiri

And Lovren and Henderson instead of Matip and Ox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

Lovren maybe, but I'd take Ox over Hendo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Fabinho got burned for pace for one of their chances...havent seen anything of him really but is he that slow all the time?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Fabinho got burned for pace for one of their chances...havent seen anything of him really but is he that slow all the time?

He got caught out really and couldn't catch up, bit similar to city's goal and Virgil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Wouldn't pay too much detail too it in pre season.

Players are playing with very heavy legs. Training on days of games as well. I doubt City's preseason is as tough.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

MD1990 wrote: »

Players are playing with very heavy legs. Training on days of games as well. I doubt City's preseason is as tough.

May I ask what has planted the seeds of doubt in your mind to come to that.

• Advertisement

gstack166 wrote: »
    MD1990 wrote: »

May I ask what has planted the seeds of doubt in your mind to come to that.
    Well to be fair Jurgen has said they have been training hard on the mornings of matches something they only do at the start of pre-season,
    I'd also imagine Fab has been putting in huge amounts of work on the training ground to get used to how Jurgen wants the midfield to work , as he is one of the new guys
    No idea how City have gone about there pre-season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Lovren maybe, but I'd take Ox over Hendo

From last season Ox had 5 goals and 7 assists compared to Hendersons 1 goal and 1 assist.

With Fabinho signed to play a DM role it would be interesting to see Henderson pushed forward this season and see what his return is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Well to be fair Jurgen has said they have been training hard on the mornings of matches something they only do at the start of pre-season,
    I'd also imagine Fab has been putting in huge amounts of work on the training ground to get used to how Jurgen wants the midfield to work , as he is one of the new guys
    No idea how City have gone about there pre-season

Agreed, we are known for working very hard in the first weeks. It's not about winning games, it's about putting in the hours now to carry you through the season. Neither Fabinho or VVD are about pace, and they would be working on tired muscles. The trick is to learn as a pair so that through ball doesn't happen...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Not on free sports according to their listing on there website

Not seeing it listed till Saturday at 8PM.

Dickerty wrote: »
    Agreed, we are known for working very hard in the first weeks. It's not about winning games, it's about putting in the hours now to carry you through the season. Neither Fabinho or VVD are about pace, and they would be working on tired muscles. The trick is to learn as a pair so that through ball doesn't happen...

No one is insinuating otherwise m, I’m just keen to know how someone would doubt City’s isn’t as hard is all. Neither here nor there I agree, just find it strange someone would say it is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

With everyone fit and available this is pretty much our best 11- just swap Bobby F in for Shaqiri. Shows how much work Klopp has had to do, and how he's been backed.

Lovern and Henderson will be starters if we don't make any more signings along with Fun Bobby.

dogbert27 wrote: »
    From last season Ox had 5 goals and 7 assists compared to Hendersons 1 goal and 1 assist.

With Fabinho signed to play a DM role it would be interesting to see Henderson pushed forward this season and see what his return is.

Henderson played much deeper and very rarely got close to the box. His best perfances for us have been higher yup the field.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Henderson played much deeper and very rarely got close to the box. His best perfances for us have been higher yup the field.

Henderson improved at his nicking the ball off people in his deeper role towards the end of last season. If he's doing that higher up the pitch it means that there is less work for Fabinho :)

TitianGerm wrote: »
    dogbert27 wrote: »

Yep his last season in an advanced role was 14/15 when he scored 6 and had 9 assists. That's why I said it would be interesting to see what his return woild be if he moves forward this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Dortmund asking price for pulisic 60million,sounds good to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

€70m is a lot cheaper than I would have expected after BVB sold Dembele to Barca for €105m I was expecting them to be looking for similar since the transfer market is now crazy.

Jesus I'd be paying that no problem at all.

He'd be super backup and would be much less fall off in quality if Mane or Salah were out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

We should be all over that price if true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

ricero wrote: »
    We should be all over that price if true

Surely with him being a United fan that scuppers our chances?

Would still love to see him at the club tbh

Fieldog wrote: »
    Surely with him being a United fan that scuppers our chances?

If he's a professional, and he looks at which team he'd prefer to play for, it's a no-brainer for an attacking player looking to improve...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

Was it the same winger that burned Robertson in the first half and could have had a penalty? He looks like a flyer to be fair.

Where did you see this? I can't see it on Reddit or anything.

It's in the Echo quoting his father saying a price of €70m is what BVB would be looking for.

It's in the Echo quoting his father saying a price of €70m is what BVB would be looking for.

Interesting considering his father manages him, with a UK-based agency...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Be rude and stupid not to bid at that price.

Love to see us even do a Keita on it, buy now and loan back for the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Mini documentary about him I saw a while ago and thought was decent...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

murpho999 wrote: »
    The hate is unreal. Why do some rival supporters just hate all rival teams and think everything that they do from signings, play and management is just rubbish.

Are Liverpool that hated though?

They call Liverpool fans delusional based on nothing.

On Blue Moon it all goes back to 2013/14 when Liverpool 'won the league' if judged by media reaction according to them - they feel really burned about how in their minds the media was all over a mad swashbuckling Liverpool side and the last gasp implosion rather than lauding City to the heavens. Added to that is the simple fact that only one team really knows how to beat them and then the CL games when they are convinced it was all a conspiracy to get Liverpool to the final at their expense. It would be wrong to judge all Manc Blues by the standards of a hothouse forum but they do have a whiff of 'rich kid' about them.

On Blue Moon it all goes back to 2013/14 when Liverpool 'won the league' if judged by media reaction according to them - they feel really burned about how in their minds the media was all over a mad swashbuckling Liverpool side and the last gasp implosion rather than lauding City to the heavens. Added to that is the simple fact that only one team really knows how to beat them and then the CL games when they are convinced it was all a conspiracy to get Liverpool to the final at their expense. It would be wrong to judge all Manc Blues by the standards of a hothouse forum but they do have a whiff of 'rich kid' about them.

Absolute utter nonsense. It’s obvious the majority of the media were rooting for Liverpool that year, the 20 odd year wait for the title, the Hillsborough anniversary, City haven’t won it 2 years previous, most media being top heavy with Liverpool ex players. There was no problem there all things taken into account. It was more so of the cockiness that year the constant social media posts of fans singing ‘we’re going to win the league’ which there isn’t anything wrong with by the way but you can’t make them clips etc & not have it thrown back at you if you fail to deliver on it.

The thing that really got on the fans nerves was the respect shown at Anfield for the Hillsborough Anniversary, the banners, the total silence & then the cheering of Liverpool fans of Yaya Toure being taken off injured & the attack of City fans’ buses after it.

As for Liverpool knowing how to beat them, yes they’ve beaten them & beaten them well in the last few years but don’t forget City have fished out beatings to Liverpool too & pipped them to 2 trophies in the last 3 years, I’m sure they’d gladly take losing to Liverpool every year if they won the league by a record margin.

The vandalism of the bus this year didn’t help things either but that’s only a small faction as you say! No one thinks of a ‘conspiracy’ in the CL this year, might feel a little bit hard done by in regards the offside goal at Anfield & the 2 good goals in either leg given wrongly for offside but know thinks Liverpool over the 2 legs weren’t the better team.

This ‘rich kid’ mentality on the club fans, do you actually know any City fans? They are the exact same as Liverpool fans in the mound that they are all working class fans, many of whom are waiting to wake up from the dream that’s happening last 10 odd years & a faction of the fan base who gladly admit although great it is now dining at the top table, they preferred the ‘typical City’ of the 70’s 80’ & 90’s.

It’s all in good spirits for the most part, what’s football without rivalry’s & for The 12 months it looks like it’ll get stronger! Let’s just have the craic & embrace it! Best of luck for the season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

yeah I don't think City hated us until last year when we dumped them out of Europe and embarrassed them at Anfield. (oh and Salah came from nowhere to rob POTY from De Bruyne) I always quite liked them but then again I used to be able to say that about Chelsea, until 2005.

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    yeah I don't think City hated us until last year when we dumped them out of Europe and embarrassed them at Anfield. (oh and Salah came from nowhere to rob POTY from De Bruyne) I always quite liked them but then again I used to be able to say that about Chelsea, until 2005.

It’s this attitude why City fans have grown a dislike for you.

If getting beat 3-0 at Anfield is an ‘embarrassment’ then surely it’s an absolute obliteration Liverpool suffered at the Etihad last September in a 5-0 defeat, or do you forget about that?

Salah came out of know where to rob POTY? He consistently scored week after week & played brilliantly all year, hardly was off the bridal 6 furlongs like home like you’re suggesting.

I think the fans of the club are right to be a little bit bemused rightly or wrongly to ask the question how a man made a team go from 4th the year previous to 4th again with a 1 point total less get POTY ahead of a man who was the catalyst in a record breaking team.

There’s no right or wrong answer to that question, it’s opinions, I personally think Salah has every right to it as much as KDB. The outrage if the shoe was on the other foot & Salah came second would be totally different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

gimli2112 wrote:

Doubt city fans will be bothered until ye actually win a trophy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Clyne given permission to head home for personal reasons.
    https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/tour-2018/309175-nathaniel-clyne-liverpool-fc-tour

Gomez to right back and Ragnar to CB.

GBX wrote: »
    Clyne given permission to head home for personal reasons.
    https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/tour-2018/309175-nathaniel-clyne-liverpool-fc-tour
    Wonder what that's about, Is it a move , Did he recently have a baby ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Most fans of all clubs are hypocrites & cringy af on social media

• Advertisement

robwen wrote: »
    Most fans of all clubs are hypocrites & cringy af on social media
    Most people on social Media are kids aren't they ?

gstack166 wrote: »
    It’s this attitude why City fans have grown a dislike for you.

If getting beat 3-0 at Anfield is an ‘embarrassment’ then surely it’s an absolute obliteration Liverpool suffered at the Etihad last September in a 5-0 defeat, or do you forget about that?

Salah came out of know where to rob POTY? He consistently scored week after week & played brilliantly all year, hardly was off the bridal 6 furlongs like home like you’re suggesting.

I think the fans of the club are right to be a little bit bemused rightly or wrongly to ask the question how a man made a team go from 4th the year previous to 4th again with a 1 point total less get POTY ahead of a man who was the catalyst in a record breaking team.

There’s no right or wrong answer to that question, it’s opinions, I personally think Salah has every right to it as much as KDB. The outrage if the shoe was on the other foot & Salah came second would be totally different.

back-away-not-today-disco-lady.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

liam7831 wrote: »
    Doubt city fans will be bothered until ye actually win a trophy

That's us told then.

Thanks for the contribution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Chelsea at 14-1 for league, if they keep their squad together and with their new signings they will go close. They did not try so hard last time under Conte, he had lost them.
    Liverpool at 9-2 2f , seems everyone expects us to do it, even the bookies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Wonder what that's about, Is it a move , Did he recently have a baby ?

https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/91wnl2/clynes_baby_has_been_born_hes_called_nathaniel/

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement