Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Chelsea at 14-1 for league, if they keep their squad together and with their new signings they will go close. They did not try so hard last time under Conte, he had lost them.
    Liverpool at 9-2 2f , seems everyone expects us to do it, even the bookies.

Chelsea is a good price alright.

I think I need to explain bookmaking to you though, if every one including the bookies expects you to do it, that ‘2’ just before the ‘f’ after the price, gets dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Most people on social Media are kids aren't they ?

No, unfortunately that can't be used as an excuse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Chelsea at 14-1 for league, if they keep their squad together and with their new signings they will go close. They did not try so hard last time under Conte, he had lost them.

Man city are odds on. Nobody expects anyone but man city to "do it". I do however expect us to challenge and finish 2nd..anything better, well happy days!

Those odds are essentially representative of a 1 in 6 chance (taking overround into account and ignoring any weight of money theory) ........... there are plenty 9/2 shots beaten ...... approx 83% of them actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Dortmund asking price for pulisic 60million,sounds good to me

I'd love to see this happen but I think we might be done in the market for now.

14 days til the window shuts and we've addressed the key issues with Keita, Alisson, and Fabinho whilst adding a bit of depth with Shaqiri.

If we do sign someone it's nice to know that it'll be done and dusted real quick with the clock running down now. There doesn't seem to be any leaks anymore, I'll just open Twitter in the afternoon and see Pulisic/Fekir/Dembele in a Liverpool jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

liam7831 wrote: »
    Doubt city fans will be bothered until ye actually win a trophy

Have a look at blue moon and the MEN site lots of moaning City fans on there after last nights game. Taking a friendly defeat to heart then trying to console themselves that Liverpool struggled to beat their 4th team :D

Was fun to read, i did not see the game so can't comment but Liverpool brought in their players who went out of the World Cup earlier than city's best players so as the game went on and those better players were brought in you could be sure that they would turn the game and by the sounds of it that is what happened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

5starpool wrote: »
    That's us told then.

Thanks for the contribution.

Impressive just how chill they seem to be about it all, in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

GBX wrote: »
    Clyne given permission to head home for personal reasons.
    https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/tour-2018/309175-nathaniel-clyne-liverpool-fc-tour

Why not give the reason? You just create speculation otherwise...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Dickerty wrote: »
    Why not give the reason? You just create speculation otherwise...

there'd probably be more speculation if he was spotted at the airport or back in the UK without any sort of announcement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

That BVB came out with this now just after the game v Liverpool suggests they are happy to see a big offer come his way, though why they didn't just phone Klopp and Edwards is odd! Maybe they think a bidding war is possible esp as Man Utd desperately need someone quality on the flanks esp the right.

• Advertisement

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    there'd probably be more speculation if he was spotted at the airport or back in the UK without any sort of announcement.

Maybe he's not sure if it's his, so not about to say "He's flying home after the birth of his first child".

He's sitting a bit outside of the group in terms of personality type/lifestyle. Mostly family men, or young guys that seem to have a level head. He doesn't seem that much like the rest of the group...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

City only have one home game in month of Aug, just have to hope they drop some early points. A loss away to Arsenal on opening day would be very welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Dickerty wrote: »
    Boom_Bap wrote: »

Maybe he's not sure if it's his, so not about to say "He's flying home after the birth of his first child".

He's sitting a bit outside of the group in terms of personality type/lifestyle. Mostly family men, or young guys that seem to have a level head. He doesn't seem that much like the rest of the group...
    Ye iv actually thought that about Clyne before, he seems to like the party life, or possibly got bored when injured, Wasn't he on some MTV American reality TV show where he made a weird cameo ?
    I think it'll be his last season at the club

I recent weeks, he got dumped by his preggers missus for cheating and was seen in a heated argument with a male and female outside a club in Mayfair,
    Possibly just a bad few weeks ,

Have a look at blue moon and the MEN site lots of moaning City fans on there after last nights game. Taking a friendly defeat to heart then trying to console themselves that Liverpool struggled to beat their 4th team :D

Was fun to read, i did not see the game so can't comment but Liverpool brought in their players who went out of the World Cup earlier than city's best players so as the game went on and those better players were brought in you could be sure that they would turn the game and by the sounds of it that is what happened

Do me a favour. Saying the game was physical for a friendly (which it was, and good for it) & pointing out there was 2 penalty’s missed & an offside goal given is hardly moaning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

gimli2112 wrote: »
    yeah I don't think City hated us until last year when we dumped them out of Europe and embarrassed them at Anfield. .

This type of posting is why this place has gone to ****. They are league champions and finished an embarrassingly high amount of points ahead of us. Don't be so small time.

Edit: Will qualify it further, we will be quite fortunate to finish ahead of them this coming season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

double post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

gimli2112 wrote: »
    yeah I don't think City hated us until last year when we dumped them out of Europe and embarrassed them at Anfield. .

This type of posting is why this place has gone to ****. They are league champions and finished an embarrassingly high amount of points ahead of us. Don't be so small time.

Edit: Will qualify it further, we will be quite fortunate to finish ahead of them this coming season.
    Ah I remember that name from way back
    Agree with you and all. I'd be amazed if Liverpool challenge them this year, but I'm excited and hopeful of progress

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Hopefully some of the more senior City players being a year older will perhaps get a bit leggy such as the likes of Aguero, Silva and Kompany.

Also I feel the club will focus more on finally winning a european cup so that could go in our favour.

But in fairness they have great players in reserve. I would hope this season we give them a right go but i wouldnt bet against City winning it again, that is for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Pulisic is absolutely mad overrated. Watch alot of Dortmund aswell, dont think he particularly has that high of a ceiling either in terms of potential.

He will bring alot of marketing opportunities but i dont see anything in his make up that makes him stand out, nor does he look like a future world beater in waiting.

Dembele is twice the player he is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Wouldn’t feel like a proper game against City if their fans weren’t complaining about an offside goal.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Wouldn’t feel like a proper game against City if their fans weren’t complaining about an offside goal.

Difference is last night wasn’t a proper game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

gstack166 wrote: »
    Difference is last night wasn’t a proper game.

Proper whinging out of ye, mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

If we finish ahead of them it’ll mean we won the league

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

If anyone could be bothered going on to RAWK then I'm sure you will have idiots on that posting crap about City, if a site is unmoderated that's what will happen, same as twitter etc... You would swear Liverpool fans are above that the way yous are going on in here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Van Dijk looking a bargain, same money wanted for Harry Maguire!!

rob316 wrote: »
    Van Dijk looking a bargain, same money wanted for Harry Maguire!!

It's madness. Amusing too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

If anyone could be bothered going on to RAWK then I'm sure you will have idiots on that posting crap about City, if a site is unmoderated that's what will happen, same as twitter etc... You would swear Liverpool fans are above that the way yous are going on in here.

Indeed... idiots are idiots regardless what football team they happen to support. And every single clubs has loads of them.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Indeed... idiots are idiots regardless what football team they happen to support. And every single clubs has loads of them.

Absolutely.

Can't beat putting fellow fans in their place though. Internet win. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Can’t believe United would actually sanction that kind of money for a defender like Maguire just off the back of a half-decent World Cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Can’t believe United would actually sanction that kind of money for a defender like Maguire just off the back of a half-decent World Cup.

That whole transfer just baffles me... I just feel like I'm missing something. Sure, he's a great option at set pieces, but, like, is he a decent defender? Seems to get caught out positionally quite easily. For 20m, I'd go for him as decent backup with the possibility to improve, but for the sort of money being talked about surely you need to be getting the absolute finished product, like a VVD level guy?

But I guess everyone knows they have money, so whoever they push for they get told a ridiculous asking price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

My gut feeling is that it all this Maguire to United talk is pure nonsense and no chance of it being true. Surely, surely????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    That whole transfer just baffles me... I just feel like I'm missing something. Sure, he's a great option at set pieces, but, like, is he a decent defender? Seems to get caught out positionally quite easily. For 20m, I'd go for him as decent backup with the possibility to improve, but for the sort of money being talked about surely you need to be getting the absolute finished product, like a VVD level guy?

But I guess everyone knows they have money, so whoever they push for they get told a ridiculous asking price?

He's a decent defender but has the turning circle of a cruise ship.

The lads on the United thread are saying that apparently LCFC are wanting £75m. Plenty of people laughing at Liverpool over the VVD fee but at least he's an excellent defender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Utd getting desperate if they pay that money for that useless lump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Any chance Kelleher could end up being the number 2 keeper this season?

That would get us and Irish and Scottish player in the squad.

It really could be Our Year then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Maguire will probably do well with Mourinho I'd say tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Maguire could/would/will do well playing for Jose.

However the question is how long will Jose be at Man U can he last adore than a 3rd year at a club?

His history say no.

Then where does Maguire stand at Man U and the next manager who comes in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Thinking on it, Mourinho’s pre-season grumps and moans could be a result of a United board not wanting to spend that kind of money on Maguire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

What's great about seeing Seamus with Salah and Daniel Craig with Milner is just seeing the small talk and the little bit of awkwardness about knowing what to talk about to someone you don't actually know. Really shows that behind the fame, they are just normal blokes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

However the question is how long will Jose be at Man U can he last adore than a 3rd year at a club?

His history say no.

He's usually won the league by now, so the question is will he hang around for longer?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I hope there is a meltdown incoming over there, but it is still more likely that they will be an effectively functional, if not good to watch, team this season.

As for ourselves, I'm sure it'll be entertaining for neutrals, but I'm hoping we have a bit more steel and consistency about us. I'm hopeful, but still have that innate scepticism about our prospects. I do think though that Keita will be a beast for us, and I'm hoping that we have a season to match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Knex. wrote: »
    Maguire will probably do well with Mourinho I'd say tbh

Not he won't.

Maguire is good at dribbling out from the back but won't be allowed do that under Mourinho.

He is also slow so will get exposed in a high line.

If Man Utd pay 65m+ it would be hillarious. I hope it happens.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Maguire isn't bad. He's a unit, wins everything in the air, isn't afraid to be physical, comfortable bringing the ball out, has a strike on him and gets the odd goal.
    He has alot of the same attributes as VVD, VVD just has alot more grace in his movement and has more pace.

Is Maguire and upgrade on any of the Utd centre halves? I think he is, so I can see why they would go for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Mohammed Salah. You picked the wrong deity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

His history say no.

I would love Jose to stay at Utd for longer than 3 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Man city are odds on. Nobody expects anyone but man city to "do it". I do however expect us to challenge and finish 2nd..anything better, well happy days!

This could be our best team assembled in the last 15 years and we could still fall short, that's just how good City are :(.

Imagine we get 95 points which should win the league in any year, but if city repeat last years 100 pts (I don't think they will but you never know) then nothing you can do there but say well done :(

I still think Citys 100 pts was an amazing tally but I would assume they will drop off say 10% this year.

I think 93+pts wins the league this year :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

His history say no.

I've a huge feeling that Jose will be sacked this season. I really think he's a has been manager and lost his reputation and respect amongst football fans.

• Advertisement

I feel we haven't done enough in this window, I know we have spent a lot but I think we need one or two more signings
    We basically
    Swapped Keita for Phil, not like for like  different type of player and Keita looks awesome 
    Swapped Fab fo Can , Iv said already I think Can is a better player, better suited to the Prem
    Brought in Shaq which is cover we needed,
    And hopefully have finally sorted our keeper,
    I think we still need a Striker, a CB and attacking CM ,
    We should sell Origi, Ings and Migs,
    I think its the last season for  Clyne, Moreno , Lallana, Matip, Studge , Solanke , Karius

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement