Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Palace beginning to look like a Liverpool B side

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If the club get £20m for Ings the club would have gotten £78m off them for Benteke, Sakho & Ings since Klopp became manager on Rogers buys that cost £55.5m.

FSG are monsters at selling players as well as buying them since Klopp became manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The good news is that Ings has a list of suitors so maybe he could fetch more than 20m

That would be a super price for Ings considering his injury record. Sell him before he picks up another. Pity it didn't work out for him, he was unlucky. Gave his all anytime he had minutes last season.

Palace beginning to look like a Liverpool B side

On a flexi disk to boot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Film has gotta be the 70's!

Oh I dont think so, had a deep look into this and whilst it is hard to choose. The 90s just had too much for the others.;)

Kelleher to play against Man U tomorrow as Karius is out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Oh I dont think so, had a deep look into this and whilst it is hard to choose. The 90s just had too much for the others.;)

Ha, one of those subjective ones I guess. I'd say the 90's had more high quality crowd friendly blockbusters, but the 70's had higher quality filmmaking/storytelling, and far more films that actually say something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Ha, one of those subjective ones I guess. I'd say the 90's had more high quality crowd friendly blockbusters, but the 70's had higher quality filmmaking/storytelling, and far more films that actually say something.

I actually think it might be down to age and the more I look at it, my favorite music, movies and tv all seem to be in the 90s.

A time when I was finishing secondary school and starting my career.

It's either that or simply things were better in the 90s :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,652 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I actually think it might be down to age and the more I look at it, my favorite music, movies and tv all seem to be in the 90s.

A time when I was finishing secondary school and starting my career.

It's either that or simply things were better in the 90s :)

Music definitely was !

• Advertisement

Bild are reporting that Pulisic is for sale if BVB start to get offers of €70m and above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

I've seen Pulisic play 5 or 6 times (yeah I know) and haven't been all that impressed with him, I think a lot of the hype around him is simply because he's American.
    Klopps record in the transfer market is remarkable though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Kelleher to play against Man U tomorrow as Karius is out.

What a time to stamp yourself as our new No.2

Surely Grabara should be starting ahead of Kelleher.

They will probably get a half each.

Was watching the training session on the tube last night, they done a crossbar challenge from the edge of the box, things of note: Shaqiri got 5 out of 6! and Lazar got 4 out of 6!

Also i done thinking Shaquiri is fat, he's built like a tank, his calf's are the size of my thighs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Shaquiri is gonna be an unreal signing,the guy has serious talent,just improve his workrate and we'll have some player on our hands

Was watching the training session on the tube last night, they done a crossbar challenge from the edge of the box, things of note: Shaqiri got 5 out of 6! and Lazar got 4 out of 6!

Also i done thinking Shaquiri is fat, he's built like a tank, his calf's are the size of my thighs!

Obligatory Brian Kerr description..

https://twitter.com/TodayFM/status/939528326598840321

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Shaquiri is gonna be an unreal signing,the guy has serious talent,just improve his workrate and we'll have some player on our hands

He'll be a real asset when the likes of Salah are being hounded in a game, unreal pace.

• Advertisement

Still cant believe we got him for so cheap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

My 2 cents on Shaqiri

People were saying a few weeks ago on this thread that he never tracked back and didn’t do his fair share of defensive duties!

My question is, has he ever been asked to do such work by a manager?

He’s a little bulldog and will absolutely rampage around the pitch bulldozing his way through whatever work he’s asked to do.

In my opinion he is/will be a perfect Klopp player, as long as he does what Klopp asks of him.

I believe he will go down as one of the best bits of transfer business we’ve done in recent years (comparative to the price we paid for him), and if not and it doesn’t work out, we can sell him for £25-30 Million in a year or 2.

Anyone up for a 3-3-4 formation??

Bring on the Blitzkreig!!

Balls to the wall attack.

Alisson

Clyne
    VVD
    Robertson

Fabinho

Keita

Shaqiri
    Fekir or whoever we sign
    Mane

Salah
    Firmino

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭giveitholly

What time is kick off today,presume its evening or even tonight some time

Think it's 10pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Yeah its down as a 10.05pm kickoff. Dunno what the 5 minutes is for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Ads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Ads

Thank God TV3 aren't showing it or it would be 10.45

Pulisic has age on his side, he's only 19, I'd value him at 50m plus add ons. If he was to improve in 3 years at Liverpool he'd be worth 100m .

Pulisic goes on to pitch looking to beat every player and score a worldly. If he can learn to pass he'd improve, he loses ball far to often by trying to take on everyone, it comes off at times and you will see that and only that in highlights, but the amount of times it breaks down and he give possession back is ridiculous .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Damien360

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Ads

Thank God TV3 aren't showing it or it would be 10.45

You wouldn't be able to see the players the resolution for their football matches is soo bad. Like watching 480p stream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

RoboKlopp wrote: »

Shaqiri always reminds me of Johnny Bravo

Pulisic wants out having called off renewal deal with BVB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Pulisic wants out having called off renewal deal with BVB.

Raphael Honigstein the german football journalist said in an interview this week that he reckons Klopp would look to sign him next summer.

Perhaps it may be a summer early if Dortmund are looking to sell and that what Klopp was alluding to in his interview yesterday with sky sports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

How fcuking lucky are we to have Klopp as our manager. What a legend he is :)

Also interview with Dom King

* Jurgen Klopp criticised Sergio Ramos for heavy challenge that injured Mo Salah

* Salah was forced off following the collision in May's Champions League final

* Klopp also criticised Ramos for his comments on the incident after the match

* He claims Reds 'would have signed Alisson' even if they'd won the final in Kiev

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6000649/Jurgen-Klopp-slams-Sergio-Ramos-wrestling-Mo-Salah.html

Also Sturridge interview

EXCLUSIVE: Daniel Sturridge's full chat with ESPN FC Daniel Sturridge joins Mark Ogden to discuss his music ventures, how a loan move away from Liverpool gave him a 'new lease,' England's World Cup and more.

http://www.espn.co.uk/video/clip/_/id/3577067

Is the game actually on the box tonight or just LFTV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Is the game actually on the box tonight or just LFTV?

LFC and the other lots channel AFAIK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

tbf a loan move to West Brom would scare you sh1tless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

I got it into my tired head this morning that it was a 10.05 AM kick-off (why would a US game be on at 5AM???? - told ya I was tired!), and then promptly missed it anyway. So just logging in now and see that it's actually tonight. Time to get a few cans in so!

Obviously if we win then it means the world and sets us up nicely to win the Quad. If we lose, it's only a friendly and what's with all the saddo Utd fans taking it so seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Shaqiri always reminds me of Johnny Bravo

Or SpongeBob RectangularPants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

ricero wrote: »
    Klopp did an interview today with skysports news. Alludes to the Fekir deal and perhaps the deal getting done by the end of the window or in the next.

Clip of the interview below :

https://twitter.com/FekirFinesse/status/1022892663929020416

You realise that Klopp means the deal is done as in its over. No more. Kaput?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

I've seen Pulisic play 5 or 6 times (yeah I know) and haven't been all that impressed with him, I think a lot of the hype around him is simply because he's American.
    Klopps record in the transfer market is remarkable though.

His cameo against us, he was brilliant. Are you sure you are talking about the correct Pulisic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Fieldog wrote: »
    LFC and the other lots channel AFAIK

Does anybody here actually subscribe to LFC TV? Just not worth it imho.

Jose parallel parking his bus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

murpho999 wrote: »
    Does anybody here actually subscribe to LFC TV? Just not worth it imho.

I get it once a year for a month for preseason, that's about it though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I love how much Liverpool pushing the Pride stuff is driving the mutants of Facebook mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

If you have Android have a look for Liverpool's old red nets looked on TV

Klopp is living the dream. He's managing the biggest club in UK and is fully loved and supported by the owners, the board, the players and the fans .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

So, anyone see the hurling?

tenor.gif?itemid=7357576

Mr.H wrote: »
    His cameo against us, he was brilliant. Are you sure you are talking about the correct Pulisic?

The cameo against us reeked of desperation to score, grabbed the ball of Gotze for the penalty, did'nt square it for their third goal, he's all out for himself and he would'nt fit in with the kind of selfless type of football we play.
    Just my opinion of the few games i've seen him play, i'm open to correction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The cameo against us reeked of desperation to score, grabbed the ball of Gotze for the penalty, did'nt square it for their third goal, he's all out for himself and he would'nt fit in with the kind of selfless type of football we play.
    Just my opinion of the few games i've seen him play, i'm open to correction.

Maybe he wanted to put on a show in front of an American crowd?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement