Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Maybe he wanted to put on a show in front of an American crowd?

I get that, but the way he grabbed the ball off of Gotze showed a huge ammount of disrespect, besides i have'nt see any hint that he's going to become the new Salah, closer to Balotelli i think with the way he believes his own hype.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The kid is just 19 and still a kid the same age as TAA he has two and a half full seasons of senior football behind and still 6/7 years from reaching peak years as a pro and plenty of time to learn to be a team player.

He has everything needed to be one of the best in the world under the right coach and playing with the right players.

Is he worth €70m no is he worth €70m in this market yes he probably is worth that risk his value will only increase over the next couple of seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Is he worth €70m no is he worth €70m in this market yes he probably is worth that risk his value will only increase over the next couple of seasons.

Why spend 70 million on a player who plays in a position where we are already covered?
    Our front 3 work well as a unit so playing him with them would unbalance the team as it would shackle Keita & give him and Fabinho a load of work in midfield when we're not in possession.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Why spend 70 million on a player who plays in a position where we are already covered?
    Our front 3 work well as a unit so playing him with them would unbalance the team as it would shackle Keita & give him and Fabinho a load of work in midfield when we're not in possession.

Our front 3 work well as as unit.

Who replaces any one of them when they get injured or rested...... Broken Sturridge or Solanke.

The club has the money to buy a player be that Fekir or Pulisic or A another we need a player of skill and talent and in this market that player will cost £50/60/70m

Just look at the price tag paid for player across the park who plays that same type of role that is the going rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

We need good cover to rotate,give different options,during games without a big fall in quality,ings,solanke,sturridge and lallana didnt contribute enough when given the oppurtunity last year.If two of those front three go out with injury where are we finishing?Squads win leagues,not teams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Team news for tonight...

Liverpool team: Grabara, Camacho, Van Dijk, Klavan, Moreno, Fabinho, Milner, Lallana, Salah, Mane, Solanke.
    Substitutes: Kelleher, Gomez, Sturridge, Grujic, Shaqiri, Robertson, Origi, Phillips, Jones, Markovic, Ojo, Woodburn, Chirivella.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Clyne V City poor in attacking positions again, game on freesports until 10.

Surprised Markovic and original are still with the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Is Harry Maguire making his United debut?

Who replaces any one of them when they get injured or rested...... Broken Sturridge or Solanke.

Shakiri was brought into do that no?
    Also have Lallana & Brewster when he gets fit too.
    Spending that much on a player as cover would make a Man City or PSG blush, it's not going to increase his quality or value just being rotated either.

Spending that much on a player as cover would make a Man City or PSG blush, it's not going to increase his quality or value just being rotated either.

Citing an injured 18 year old who won't be back till winter doesn't strengthen your case.

What's wrong with making moneybags clubs blush?

• Advertisement

Citing an injured 18 year old who won't be back till winter doesn't strengthen your case.
    What's wrong with making moneybags clubs blush?

Lallana, Shakiri & Sturridge are likely the cover but I expect Brewster to play then as players are unlikely to get tired in September or October.
    We are not going to pay 70 million on a squad player. If he gets offered first team football elsewhere he'll take it & he's right to.

They win titles and don't care who blushes when they spend millions on players as they know that wins titles.

Mahrez cost the same price and he won't be a regular starter City now have at least 7 quality players to pick from and rotate for a front 3.

That is why the win titles.

We have broken Sturridge always injured Lallana and a couple of kids.

Who blushes really when they win titles.

ERG89 you sound a bit out of touch, this is the era of super-expensive subs. Liverpool were running on empty for the last month of last season, that needs to change with a deep squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Lallana, Shakiri & Sturridge are likely the cover but I expect Brewster to play then as players are unlikely to get tired in September or October.
    We are not going to pay 70 million on a squad player. If he gets offered first team football elsewhere he'll take it & he's right to.

Shaqiri is a good backup, but Sturridge is a total unknown now, and Lallana is pretty rubbish in the front three... wouldn’t have him near that position if we could help it. He should only ever be considered in CM. In our current squad, I’d much prefer Gini being pushed into the front three over him even.

We really could do with one more genuine option for the front three as backup.. doesn’t need to be as good as our first choices, but just do there isn’t such a massive drop off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

It's not just players off the bench. If you can afford to have a CL group game away to someone like Inter with the full team and rest one of Mane or Salah the following weekend at home to Bournmouth that's a huge boost to the team.

Bit strange to constantly run down our back up options then complain about upgrading them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

The bench needs to be an extension of the first 11 not a bunch of cheapo misfits.

The money is there to buy that player as proven with Fekir so Klopp knows and wants another top quality attacking player.

We also know Klopp is prepared to wait for the player he wants.

Next week's camp within driving distance of Lyon may still add more noise to the Fekir story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Bit strange to constantly run down our back up options then complain about upgrading them.

I don’t think anyone’s doing both of those things simultaneously though?

Personally, I don’t think our backups up top are quite good enough to push for the league, so I’d love just one good upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I get that, but the way he grabbed the ball off of Gotze showed a huge ammount of disrespect, besides i have'nt see any hint that he's going to become the new Salah, closer to Balotelli i think with the way he believes his own hype.

But we don't know if it was agreed pre-match that he could take penalties? Gotze might have picked the ball up in the wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Shame about Keita missing out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Shame about Keita missing out.

Is he just being rested or what’s up with him?

Never really bother with pre season friendlies but I'll watch this one

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Never really bother with pre season friendlies but I'll watch this one

Beating the ‘if City weren’t in it’ Champions could be a good confidence boost going into the new season.

Lallana, Sturridge, Solanke & Origi all the score while Mane and Salah both rip hamstrings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

astradave wrote: »

Slight neck strain last I heard or I could be imagining that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

astradave wrote: »

Hurt his neck sleeping on a plane the big Jessie

Beating the ‘if City weren’t in it’ Champions could be a good confidence boost going into the new season.

Be nice to win but not too bothered. Just avoid injuries and start the season with a full squad and I'll be happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Play nice now or will set Ramos on you!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

jayo26 wrote: »
    Play nice now or will set Ramos on you!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/****ramos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

The cameo against us reeked of desperation to score, grabbed the ball of Gotze for the penalty, did'nt square it for their third goal, he's all out for himself and he would'nt fit in with the kind of selfless type of football we play.
    Just my opinion of the few games i've seen him play, i'm open to correction.

No its a valid opinion. Dont change your mind based on what I said. I just meant when I saw him I thought he played really well. Maybe my lack of sleep didnt pick up on his Sturridgeness with the ball. Hopefully for his sake he was only being selfish because he wants to leave.

But I would totally worry if he was always like that. That been said I doubt Klopp would sign him if he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭JimboJones99

Is this game in tv apart from the LFC channel??

Reddit is always a very helpful place to check out they are all friendly over there and the SoccerStreams pages is always helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

anyone getting bloody basketball?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Alexis playing and reffing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

MUTV and YNWA ringing out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I’m getting vertigo from the camera angle

ERG89 you sound a bit out of touch, this is the era of super-expensive subs. Liverpool were running on empty for the last month of last season, that needs to change with a deep squad.

We were running on fumes the season before last too. That's the style not the squad. End of season we will have big matches where we might need to stay winning which means we will play our strongest XI.
    One day we're after Dembele, then Fekir & now Pulisic. I don't take any of it serious yet some seem to think we're after them based on loose evidence.

City game - first half rubbish, second half much better

Clyne - meh, esp across the halfway line
    Jones - excellent imaginative user of the ball
    Camacho - very promising again
    Milner - indefatigable
    Salah - should have had a hat-trick in 4 minutes
    Kelleher - confident.
    Sturridge/Lallana blunt as an attack.
    Woodburn quiet
    Solanke - a few nice touches away from the goal.
    Mane - mixing the chaotic - blew two good chances, and the crisp.
    Grujic - some tidy feet for a big man.

• Advertisement

Muahahaha wrote: »
    anyone getting bloody basketball?

Basketball is over now.

Herrera with his usual filth.

Mane to Salah sexy/

The camera angle is genuinely vertiginous, Liverpool should be almost invisible to Utd in that kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Great pace on Lallana and Moreno to snuff out that counter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Can understand United supporters dislike of Maureen. Parking the bus in a meaningless match. Bloke is tapped.
    Hi all...long time lurker. Going to join the madness for the new season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,707 ✭✭✭whippet

Why am I seeing AC Milan and United penalties on the Eir Sport App now ?

whippet wrote: »
    Why am I seeing AC Milan and United penalties on the Eir Sport App now ?

The game is only on the club channels both LFCTV & MUTV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,707 ✭✭✭whippet

The game is only on the club channels both LFCTV & MUTV.

Just realised that now !!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Up the pressure a notch and there's a big win available here. Man Utd are a shambles.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement