Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Mourinho started it before kick off.

He had the excuses out before kick off. Total bluffer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I saw them. They really tried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Good game once the tired old men had been replaced by the kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    He had the excuses out before kick off. Total bluffer

Interesting to see if his Mourinho season kicks off in the post match interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Enjoyed that - some great performances, Shaqiri debut a dream and young lads showing lots of promise. Pity Kelleher hardly saw the ball but great experience for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Been praising shaqiri all week in my posts here. Delighted for him hitting the ground running. What a goal and did well for the assist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Lads do ye think Jones or camacho can play a role in the first team squad this season

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Been praising shaqiri all week in my posts here. Delighted for him hitting the ground running. What a goal and did well for the assist.

What an option to have. Cracking signing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

I wouldnt take too much away from the fact it was United. Lets be fair it was a few first teamers with a mostly reserve side. Our own performance was great though and we are starting to get up to speed. Nice to see the Shaq attack. I am liking Curtis and was impressed with Ojo. Good game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Lads do ye think Jones or camacho can play a role in the first team squad this season

Wouldnt mind calling on them at all. Loads of potential there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Great for Shaqiri to get a great goal.

Main thing is no injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Dont get carried away lads. Utd had no Matic, Fellaini, De Gae and the other passengers of the bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Curtis Jones for sure, looks like a huge prospect and only 17.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Gonna be salty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Both look very good but I doubt they'll get a game in the PL. I'd love to see them given a chance in the cups though.

I doubt either will be loaned out this season either seeing as they are only 17 and 18.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Dont get carried away lads. Utd had no Matic, Fellaini, De Gae and the other passengers of the bus.

Of course dont.

But its nice to think we still have Allison Keita Henderson Lovren Clyne Trent and Firmino all to get back into that side.

Forget the opposition tonight. Its always fun to beat them but apart from a little giggle at Jose, I wouldnt even think of that as United tonight. They will be a lot stronger in two weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Yeah luckily they are so young they'll stay with the U23s and mix that with as part of the development squad and the seniors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

Charlie19 wrote: »

Why not?

After throwing away a cl final in that manner it's good to have the opportunity for celebration.

If you can't celebrate a preseason friendly with a bit of gusto. What can you celebrate.

Mr.H wrote: »
    I wouldnt take too much away from the fact it was United. Lets be fair it was a few first teamers with a mostly reserve side. Our own performance was great though and we are starting to get up to speed. Nice to see the Shaq attack. I am liking Curtis and was impressed with Ojo. Good game.

We only had VVD, Fabhino, Mane and Salah from the starting 11 playing the first half.

We played better in the second half though when the younger lads came on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Oh this is gonna be fun....:D

• Advertisement

Of course dont.

But its nice to think we still have Allison Keita Henderson Lovren Clyne Trent and Firmino all to get back into that side.

Forget the opposition tonight. Its always fun to beat them but apart from a little giggle at Jose, I wouldnt even think of that as United tonight. They will be a lot stronger in two weeks.

Dunno about that...they still have Jones, Lingard and Pogba to come back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

martyos121 wrote: »
    Oh this is gonna be fun....:D

200w.webp

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

Shaq interview on LFC post game. Seems genuinely happy to be at the club.

Excellent signing for us. Just imagine the head scratching other clubs are doing thinking about the price we got him for.

An absolute bargain and will play a very important role for us this season.

Welcome to the pleasure dome Shaq.

corwill wrote: »
    200w.webp

Can’t see it on my tablet for some reason, could you paint me a word picture?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I don't care what kind of a team they had out, they can make all the excuses they want, they were awful to watch- as usual. Sturridge looked quite sharp, great to see.
    We won 4-1 and played well considering we used so many players - special goal by Shaq was the cherry on top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

martyos121 wrote: »
    Can’t see it on my tablet for some reason, could you paint me a word picture?

I couldn't begin to describe it, and you couldn't possibly imagine.

(salt bae)

corwill wrote: »
    I couldn't begin to describe it, and you couldn't possibly imagine.

(salt bae)

Turned on the laptop just to see it.

Worth it. ;)

TitianGerm wrote: »
    We only had VVD, Fabhino, Mane and Salah from the starting 11 playing the first half.

We played better in the second half though when the younger lads came on.

Yea but we have a better lot of reserves than they do :D

We’ve got more penalties in America in the last 12 months than at Anfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Classy interview from Sturridge there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Its always nice to beat Man Utd away from home

Last time Liverpool played united wearing grey was also 1-4 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

200w.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Suppose that's all one can do to dispel any questions over one's place in the side prior to the season kicking off.

He does that in a real match against Utd and he'll be given the freedom of the city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

It was still 1-1 when we made our last subs. This is what the team looked like once the goals started to go in:

Kelleher
    Jones, Philips, Gomez, Robertson
    Ojo, Grujic, Chirivella
    Woodburn, Sturridge, Shaqiri

I only see one starter in there, and two more 1st teamers.

United were just unambitious. I don't know what they're at tbh, they only have 2 preseason games left and there is no system or endeavour to their play. Was hoping they would give us a better test tonight.

I have tickets to Napoli and Torino games, really looking forward to it now. I know it's only pre-season but the mood is so bouyant at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,334 ✭✭✭Ardent

Mourinho started it before kick off.

He's pathetic. Did you see him harrassing the ref at halftime? In a f*cking friendly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

His post match interview now is hilarious

ricero wrote: »
    His post match interview now is hilarious

It begins.

Gone by January?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

It begins.

Gone by January?

Hope not.

It begins.

Gone by January?

New ten year contract signed on Christmas morning, the perfect gift.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Some quotes from Jose post-match:
    Jose: "We start the game with players who are not even going to be here. This is not even 30% of my squad."

Jose: "Eric Bailly was not going to play. When he saw Smalling was leaving in the warm up, he thought I don’t want another kid on the pitch."

Jose: "This game gave me nothing at all."

Jose: "I would like two more players. I don't think I will get two. I think I will get one. I gave a list of five. I wait to see if we get one."

Jose: "Matic had surgery. Out for the start of the season."

Jose: "If I was them (fans) I wouldn't spend my money to come and watch these teams."

Jose on Sanchez: "We're playing here just to try + survive and have some not very ugly results. Alexis is the only attacking player we have. The poor man is trying his best with the frustration of someone who wants more. Alexis, Mata, Darmian, Eric, Pereira. Phenomenal attitude"

Jose on ref: "The officials came here from the baseball federation and thought it was a baseball game and realised it was soccer."

I don't want to derail our thread too much, but theres some weird vibes coming from him lately. Sounds like he hasn't been backed in the market as much as he'd like, and now with only 11 days left before the window closes he's letting it be known. Wonder if they're going to get some late additions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Yes. Add Woodburn too!!!

Herr Klopp needs to start using subs much earlier in games and/or give the main men a rest from the squad more often.

Dunno why he’s crying about lack of attacking options. Sanchez is one attacking player more than he normally plays with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I don't want to get carried away lads but we are going to win the quadruple

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

And lads think of this for a min

They pay sanchez £500k a week for that and he’s been bruuuutal

We need silverware this year. I want to have a good run in Europe and finish in the top 2. But we badly need to put this Klopp final hoodoo to bed and win something. A league cup in February could be a good way to kick on the latter part of the season.

Allison
    TAA-Lovren-VVD-Robertson
    Keita-Fabinho-Hendo
    Salah-Firmino-Mane

Karius
    Clyne-Klavan-Matip-Gomez
    Wjini-Milner-Lallana
    Shaq-Sturridge-Origi

Migs
    Phillips-Jones-Masterson-Moreno
    Ojo-Grujic-Woodburn
    Marko-Solanke-Ings

keller, Grabara, Juanma, Kane, Camacho, Turner, Adekanya

This is even not mentioning OX

We have a good group here. No reason why we cant compete on all fronts. I know that some will say that certain players arent good enough. Then there are some above who will leave. But right at this moment we have players that are good enough to fill gaps in our squad when needed. The first team I named is class. They will start most games imo. But the second team are not a bad side at all. They should be more than capable of being a rotation squad. they might not be good enough to beat the top 6 sides but should def be good enough to play relegation candidates.

My hope this season is 1 trophy, Quarter finals of the Champions League and finish second in the league. that would be a great season.

Of course the dream is to win the league but what I said my hope is, would be a successful season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

And lads think of this for a min

They pay sanchez £500k a week for that and he’s been bruuuutal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Fabinho is not yet up to Kloppo fitness but he showed some clever passing tonight. Also his tactical foul when Utd were on a good break, he adds a long overdue edge to snuffing chances out in midfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

rob316 wrote: »
    I don't want to get carried away lads but we are going to win the quadruple

If there was a bag, the quad would be in it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Allison
    TAA-Lovren-VVD-Robertson
    Keita-Fabinho-Hendo
    Salah-Firmino-Mane

That is a Top 2 side, in fairness..... god I wish Man City didn't exist :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement