Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

fyfe79 wrote: »
    That is a Top 2 side, in fairness..... god I wish Man City didn't exist :(

City breaking records will make it all the sweeter when we do win it;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Turtyturd wrote: »
    It begins.

Gone by January?

what he is achieving there is glorious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Hope not.

I've no time for who you quoted but for a team who has not clicked a competitive win against said manager it's hard to think you'd be happy to drop 5 points a season to someone you hope stays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,334 ✭✭✭Ardent

Umaro wrote: »
    Some quotes from Jose post-match:

I don't want to derail our thread too much, but theres some weird vibes coming from him lately. Sounds like he hasn't been backed in the market as much as he'd like, and now with only 11 days left before the window closes he's letting it be known. Wonder if they're going to get some late additions.

I thought those quotes we're a piss take on your part as I was reading them! Wow, bizarre stuff.

Jose is currently favourite to be next premier league manager to leave his post.

I looked at that market about 6-8 weeks ago as I thought he might be a good shout.

He certainly wasn’t favourite but I can’t remember what price he was. My memory is telling me about 50/1. Any way of finding out ?

Jose is currently favourite to be next premier league manager to leave his post.

I looked at that market about 6-8 weeks ago as I thought he might be a good shout.

He certainly wasn’t favourite but I can’t remember what price he was. My memory is telling me about 50/1. Any way of finding out ?

Please don't go José :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Anyone found a highlights package for last night's match or even just the Shaquiri goal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

watched it on youtube earlier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Liam O wrote: »
    I've no time for who you quoted but for a team who has not clicked a competitive win against said manager it's hard to think you'd be happy to drop 5 points a season to someone you hope stays.

Normally wouldn’t waste my time quoting the poster in question but this is brilliant. :D

As for clips of the goals, you’ll get them on the Liverpool subreddit...great site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Anyone found a highlights package for last night's match or even just the Shaquiri goal?

Found a YouTube one but it was man utd commentators.

Comedy clip of the year

Are we allowed to post the goals here? I presume it's ok as it's a friendly?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭john why

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Are we allowed to post the goals here? I presume it's ok as it's a friendly?

Yeah go for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/92pcgp/manchester_united_kids/

Even though we apparently had the first team playing last night we had a younger average age than the united team.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/92pcgp/manchester_united_kids/

Edit: Klopp seems to be extremely happy with Shaqiri

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

gimli2112 wrote: »
    watched it on youtube earlier

Found it that's, don't know why I didn't see it first time I looked on YouTube.

Shaq is off to a nice start!!

Thanks again to Corwill who PM'd me another link. Even better watching the highlights on MUTV 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/1023345340379013121?s=19

Over 100k at the match last night apparently. The stadium didn't seem that big!!

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/1023345340379013121?s=19

Over 100k at the match last night apparently. The stadium didn't seem that big!!

It's all bleacher kinda seats so they can fit more in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

What is up with all the overhead kick goals lately? So many

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

Liam O wrote: »

I'm not sure how many Liverpool fans care what your opinions of individual posters here are... but I i think we enjoy the schadenfreude, and I say, why not..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I loved the signing from the start, but I'll reiterate it...

Shaqiri is going to prove a remarkably shrewd piece of business. 13m was utter robbery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Fear of failure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Won’t get carried away as it’s only pre-season but it’s always nice to beat Utd.

Don’t get Mourinho’s complaints as Liverpool only had one regular starter on the pitch in the second half and they tore Utd apart. Mourinho very disrespectful to his squad as well.

Anyhow, Liverpool building up nicely. A fun season is ahead I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,529 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

ebbsy wrote: »
    Fear of failure.

Urge to laugh....rising!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Jesus Jose comes out with some amount of negativity,runs down his team, individuals, club,all the while providing them with atrocious football,and mismanagement of good players.
    But he got 2nd right!

Hope he sees out his contact at a minimum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Shaqiri the missing block that Klopp was looking for?

tumblr_ojkp7kLoGk1r3smugo1_r1_500.gif

Going to help us unlock packed defences this year.

We all know Jose is full of it. He got in his excuses in for last night and has his excuses ready for any possible failures this season also. Pathetic but leave him off. As for the fans........... Jaysus I thought we were supposed to be the deluded ones and living in the past. Let them have their meltdown. We can just have a wry giggle but no need to rub too much salt. Let the obsession with other teams to them and we can just sit back and actually enjoy watching our team.

It was still 1-1 when we were made 11 changes and brought on kids. Nice try José with the spoofing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,334 ✭✭✭Ardent

It's hard to comprehend the disparaging comments Jose makes about his players. It's not exactly conducive to a harmonious dressing room or him keeping his job long term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Gazza be arriving with some cans and chicken for Jose soon

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Gazza be arriving with some cans and chicken for Jose soon

Lol!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jose is the perfect fit for that club.

Just as Klopp is the perfect fit for Liverpool.

I have absolutely no reason for it but I for some reason think Lovren is going to have a great season for us. His confidence is sky high right now and having a full season with Van Djik is only gonna be a good thing. Oh why do I do this to myself?:D

https://twitter.com/LivEchoLFC/status/1023273602253242368

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Ardent wrote: »
    It's hard to comprehend the disparaging comments Jose makes about his players. It's not exactly conducive to a harmonious dressing room or him keeping his job long term.

Absolutely, and he hope he keeps it up too.
    Can you imagine how miserable it's got to be heading in for a rainy Monday morning training session knowing that moany bastid is waiting for you?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

For those united fans saying about a pre season win just remember last time the two teams met in pre season

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057261787

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

It was still 1-1 when we were made 11 changes and brought on kids. Nice try José with the spoofing.

His audience lap it up though. United fans regurgitating it everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Mr.H wrote: »

He Is taller upsidedown

All we need now is Alisson to save a worldie in the Napoli game from a bicycle kick

For those united fans saying about a pre season win just remember last time the two teams met in pre season

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057261787

Some things never change reading some of that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

How is that not dangerous play.....

We won because it was 12 vs 10 for the last 20 minutes after Fred realised he joined the wrong team swapped teams.

x1yX98k.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

He Is taller upsidedown

haha thats brilliant :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Some things never change reading some of that!

Nothing like celebrating a pre season win :pac:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057254564&page=117

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I have absolutely no reason for it but I for some reason think Lovren is going to have a great season for us. His confidence is sky high right now and having a full season with Van Djik is only gonna be a good thing. Oh why do I do this to myself?:D

https://twitter.com/LivEchoLFC/status/1023273602253242368

Lovren morphing into Skrtel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Lowest bicycle kick in footballing history.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Great to see Shaqiri get off to a positive start. He could definitely offer something different this season. He really is in the Jan Molby, Ronnie Rosenthal, Spongebob Square Pants mould.

The club have accepted a £3.5m bid for Chirvella from Rosenborg.

The club have accepted a £3.5m bid for Chirvella from Rosenborg.

Great little bit of business that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Good club to go to at his level, always there or thereabouts to win the league and play Europe during the qualification rounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Feels strange to not be annoyed/disappointed at the club's transfer business. Usually we'd be the ones moaning about the possibility of someone like Harry McGuire while the likes of Chelsea/city spend similar on a VVD level player. Changed times being able to attract the calibre of player Klopp is able to

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement