Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://twitter.com/RomainCG75/status/1003019043903819776

This fella is well connected journo so hopefully it's bisto

That's the guy who said the deal was done when it was leaked during one of the last games of the season isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That poll was hijacked by Liverpool fans.

They learned well from the Egyptian fans

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

That poll was hijacked by Liverpool fans.

Yeah I know, don't give a sh1t though

Fabinho's Mrs is going to be one to follow on social media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

That's a bit creepy :pac:

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

it's either because I drank a lot earlier or OTT posted twice

gimli2112 wrote: »
    it's either because I drank a lot earlier or OTT posted twice

It's the thrice option

OwaynOTT wrote: »

Totally :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Well it's not as bad as making a joke about bribing a player with hookers/possible slaves from a disadvantaged country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

LiamoSail wrote: »
    No thanks to Forster!

He was mentioned a couple of years ago as a potential top keeper but has regressed badly and as someone pointed out was actually dropped last season, so if he can't hold a place at Southampton he sure isn't the answer to our problems. His distribution is pretty poor also never mind the clangers he has been throwing in!

He's been a different keeper since the injury. The FF of 2014 was a far better keeper than the FF last season

His kicking has always been horrendous though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Well it's not as bad as making a joke about bribing a player with hookers/possible slaves from a disadvantaged country.

What a strange and disturbing way to mischaracterise the ancient and noble craft of the pole dancer. Are you sure you're not trying to force me off the thread? Look deep into your heart.

corwill wrote: »
    What a strange and disturbing way to mischaracterise the ancient and noble craft of the pole dancer. Are you sure you're not trying to force me off the thread? Look deep into your heart.

I will not rise to this. I will rise above it. I am not trying to force you off anything. You are well liked here, with many friends. Powerful friends.

I am the one often under fire from the good old boys. Still, I persevere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

I will not rise to this. I will rise above it. I am not trying to force you off anything. You are well liked here, with many friends. Powerful friends.

But, but, we made friends yesterday! And, and I posted a Maverick and Goose high-fiving gif...

I'm devastated.

But, but, we made friends yesterday! And, and I posted a Maverick and Goose high-fiving gif...

I'm devastated.

We can be friends! I do not dislike you in anyway. I didn't see the gif though :mad: that would have been cool. I would have liked the post too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,051 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

What the christ are yee all on about?!

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    What the christ are yee all on about?!

We are making friends!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Damien360

It was a joke. Stop making everything personal. It's going to be a very long summer in here if this keeps up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It's already been a very long summer, the bread is crusty as feck in the heat.

I think me and corwill are ok with each other. No real issue here.

Sturridge in talks with Besiktas.

We might get a few euro's for him yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Glad that is resolved. My coffee has gone cold from all the suspense. And it's 26 degrees here in the Rheinland. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Sturridge in talks with  Besiktas.

Can't see him going abroad unless to the States. He seems very much a home bird. If he goes to Turkey then it would be a few million.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Dcully wrote: »
    Rumours starting to appear on twitter about fekir and his agent will be in liverpool tomorrow.Hope it's true.

Yeah, doing the rounds now in the press, but that includes the Metro, so it comes with a big health warning. Remember hearing/reading recently that the French FA have basically said hands off our players until after the WC, so would be (very pleasantly) surprised if players would be given leave to do physicals.... fingers crossed that's not the case, would be great to have this sown up quickly. 7 weeks until the Dortmund game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Sturridge in talks with Besiktas.

If there’s any truth in it I wonder does that mean Origi is going to stay and they’ve moved down the line?

Turtyturd wrote: »
    If there’s any truth in it I wonder does that mean Origi is going to stay and they’ve moved down the line?

Origi's father was in the press yesterday saying his son wanted to stay and fight for a place at Liverpool however he said if Klopp didn't want him he would except that and look for a new club and challenge.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Usually when only non usual sources are reporting that a player is over for talks or medical or whatever, it turns out to be false.

Let's all have a big bowl of steaming soup together to celebrate our togetherness. Soup soup that mighty soup.
    Broccoli soup for me.

Have we signed Fekir yet? They should encourage him with offers of soup. Fair trade soup though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,051 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Turtyturd wrote: »

Whether this Besiktas thing happens or not, i'd be very surprised if Sturridge is at Anfield next season. Whether a loan or a sale, he just can't be counted upon.

It's a shame, I like him, and he was a wonderful player. But he's lost so much of what made him a top level player, and even at that he's still out half the time.

• Advertisement

A spicey carrot and coriander for me please.

Fekir is 'jetting' to anfield with his agent! How exciting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Any boardsie close to the airport����

Whether this Besiktas thing happens or not, i'd be very surprised if Sturridge is at Anfield next season. Whether a loan or a sale, he just can't be counted upon.

It's a shame, I like him, and he was a wonderful player. But he's lost so much of what made him a top level player, and even at that he's still out half the time.

I've a sneaking feeling he might be still there though. Unless it's a loan we're Liverpool pay most of his wages.
    He was a great player for a bit there but he's such a risk now, I can't see many wanting their fingers burned.
    Especially after his loan at West Brom.

I've a sneaking feeling he might be still there though. Unless it's a loan we're Liverpool pay most of his wages.
    He was a great player for a bit there but he's such a risk now, I can't see many wanting their fingers burned.
    Especially after his loan at West Brom.

Yeah, but while he was able to put the ball in the net when playing with Suarez under Rodgers, he never, injuries aside, adapted to Klopp's all inclusive football and with only a year left on his contract, they may decide to do a 'Ballotelli' on him and let him go on a free, rather than continue to cough up the £120k a week.

They might find a newly promoted team or lower status European league willing to take a risk on his availability and cough up a small fee and reduced wages. Either way, if we get a new forward, and with all of the other fringe players hanging on but higher up the pecking order than Studge, really can't see him getting another game, so why prolong the pain (and cost)?...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I think he’ll go on loan again and get himself a nice signing on fee from some desperate team when he signs on a free. Although sitting out next season uninjured picking up his pay cheque might be better for him as it will overshadow the West Brom debacle, and people will talk about him being fit but just not picked.

No doubt he can’t be counted on and lost whatever he had though. He had that great ‘Van Persie’ season alongside Suarez, struggled at the prospect of being the main man, then injuries kicked in and now when he’s not injured he’s just not up to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

I'd say someone like Fulham may be willing to stump up the cash for Sturridge' wage demands

Wolves would have the money with there backers to pay his wages it would keep him close to the homestead of Birmingham that he loves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

Is sturridge actually fit now? If so I'd say that's because there's no games to play so he can injure himself.

Sturridge is great when he isn't playing, a theoretical footballer.

Booo!

https://twitter.com/ed_aarons/status/1003218383989542912

for those watching in black and white
    Liverpool say there is no truth in reports that Nabil Fekir is due for a medical today. Lyon want around €70m for the France forward but no agreement as yet

• Advertisement

Butland to Chelsea now seems to be doing the rounds.

Now that would set up Courtois to one of the Madrid's.

Alisson to Real and Courtois to Atletico would free up Oblak to Liverpool.

All simple as pie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I posted this in the United thread.

LFC TV are showing the Brazil v Croatia game today. 3 pm kick off.

Butland to Chelsea now seems to be doing the rounds.

Now that would set up Courtois to one of the Madrid's.

Alisson to Real and Courtois to Atletico would free up Oblak to Liverpool.

All simple as pie.

you're spamming this everywhere, if you start a religion I'll follow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I wonder if Conte remains at Chelsea, would we have any chance in signing Willian.

I think he's brilliant and can't understand why Conte doesn't rate him.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I wonder if Conte remains at Chelsea, would we have any chance in signing Willian.

I think he's brilliant and can't understand why Conte doesn't rate him.

we were linked with him before but looking at the Chelsea thread they only rate him when he puts a shift in which isn't often. I'll pass. but Klopp could make him great again so whatever he thinks

Started watching the game at Anfield and Lovren's been pretty decent so far...

Willian would be brilliant under Klopp.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Willian would be brilliant under Klopp.

Yeah - he turned us down when Rodgers was still there, wonder if there's any chance, and at what price?...

Fun Bobby on for Paulinho (?) Marcelo? eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    Yeah - he turned us down when Rodgers was still there, wonder if there's any chance, and at what price?...

Familiar with Salah that Chelsea just out bid us with wages and initial price.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement