Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Feels strange to not be annoyed/disappointed at the club's transfer business. Usually we'd be the ones moaning about the possibility of someone like Harry McGuire while the likes of Chelsea/city spend similar on a VVD level player. Changed times being able to attract the calibre of player Klopp is able to

Ahhh come on we havent got the Fekir in the door yet and players some young will be sold. Some will have a moan about that needless to say :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Feels strange to not be annoyed/disappointed at the club's transfer business. Usually we'd be the ones moaning about the possibility of someone like Harry McGuire while the likes of Chelsea/city spend similar on a VVD level player. Changed times being able to attract the calibre of player Klopp is able to

I really is a pity Ox got a season long injury. Still that one player away. Agree we're bringing in top talent but get Fekir at it will be god-like transfer window.
    I reckon it will happen if we sell Ings and Origi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Poor Jose eh, got his 3 players in the 1st summer to win the league, then last summer got his next 3 players that will win him the league now he is waiting on his 5 players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Villa looking to take Woodburn on a season long loan.

They look to be favourites over all the other Championship teams to get him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Surely there are better options than Villa for him.

Rangers?

I think Lampard is going to be a top class manager and coach I'd like see Woodburn join Wilson at Derby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Bruce is on thin ice at Villa esp with the club's new owners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Woodburn should go to Stoke. I feel sorry for Stoke, we steal a player from them for peanuts, Stoke is a hours drive, it would suit Woodburn to replace Shaq .

Poor Jose eh, got his 3 players in the 1st summer to win the league, then last summer got his next 3 players that will win him the league now he is waiting on his 5 players

Maybe just maybe the players aren't the issue...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Maybe just maybe the players aren't the issue...

Ssshhhhhh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Woodburn should go to Stoke. I feel sorry for Stoke, we steal a player from them for peanuts, Stoke is a hours drive, it would suit Woodburn to replace Shaq .

It would actually be perfect if he replaces Shaq as well as the guy who replaced Shaq at Basel did......... and then we get to bring him back.

Free Mo Salah #2 !!!!

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Ssshhhhhh

It’s Vang Hal’s fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

He says he gave club a list of 5 players he wanted few months back now he says he might get 1 of them, so Fred wasn't on the list of players he wanted

Klopp is getting the right tools to work with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

So United's youth players are not up to it, and then you have the likes of Sanchez , a guy who's idea of winning is obtaining a contract of 500k a week, he's done as a footballer, mission accomplished in his eyes. What motivation has he to do a thing on the pitch. He plays like a guy who has secured his and his families future, he's not going to die for on the pitch. He'll play at 85%, get his goals and point finger else where.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

TitianGerm wrote: »

Talk is cheap.

Pep gave academy youth players 108 minutes in total in the Premier League in 17/18(a season that they won by a country mile), 601 mins in 16/17 (Iheancho totaling 526 of those mins, who he since sold). 237 mins in CL in 17/18, 255 mins in 16/18 in CL(Iheancho again the bulk of those mins). 1 min in FA Cup 17/18, 137 mins in FA Cup 16/18. 448 mins in LC 17/18.

McTominay alone played 629 mins of PL football in 17/18. 201 mins in the CL in 17/18.

I'd also encourage you to look at Kloops youth appearances. TAA being the exception by looks of it, when he got his chance through Clyne getting injured and played his way into keeping his place.

Let's just see how much chance Pep gives to youth this coming season alright ;)

Ignoring the youth players played by Guardiola and Klopp Mourinho clearly plays more.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Ignoring the youth players played by Guardiola and Klopp Mourinho clearly plays more.

I'd love you to elaborate on this point.........just so that it's clear what you mean ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Talk is cheap.

Pep gave academy youth players 108 minutes in total in the Premier League in 17/18(a season that they won by a country mile), 601 mins in 16/17 (Iheancho totaling 526 of those mins, who he since sold). 237 mins in CL in 17/18, 255 mins in 16/18 in CL(Iheancho again the bulk of those mins). 1 min in FA Cup 17/18, 137 mins in FA Cup 16/18. 448 mins in LC 17/18.

McTominay alone played 629 mins of PL football in 17/18. 201 mins in the CL in 17/18.

I'd also encourage you to look at Kloops youth appearances. TAA being the exception by looks of it, when he got his chance through Clyne getting injured and played his way into keeping his place.

And your point is? The article I linked to is what Jose, Pep and Klopp had to say about the youth guys on this tour, nothing to do with last year.

It's also very clear that Pep and Klopp have a clear vision how they want the clubs to play, from the younger teams right through to the first team. I don't see that with Jose.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    And your point is? The article I linked to is what Jose, Pep and Klopp had to say about the youth guys on this tour, nothing to do with last year.

It's also very clear that Pep and Klopp have a clear vision how they want the clubs to play, from the younger teams right through to the first team. I don't see that with Jose.

I must have missed the bit where after where you said the difference in Pep, Klopp and Jose when talking about youth .......in this pre-season

I must have also missed the bit where you mention that it was about the playing style and systems they use. I could go on about how City had been preparing for Pep for a couple of seasons before he arrived and that it was easier to implement his style to what was there as oppose to Jose coming into a completely different style at the club.

And would this also be the same youth teams that United won the U-18 North Division ahead of both City and Liverpools youth teams?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I must have missed the bit where after where you said the difference in Pep, Klopp and Jose when talking about youth .......in this pre-season

I must have also missed the bit where you mention that it was about the playing style and systems they use. I could go on about how City had been preparing for Pep for a couple of seasons before he arrived and that it was easier to implement his style to what was there as oppose to Jose coming into a completely different style at the club.

And would this also be the same youth teams that United won the U-18 North Division ahead of both City and Liverpools youth teams?

Isn't that the point bring made, United youths are decent,being talked in such disparaging terms won't help them at all

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Isn't that the point bring made, United youths are decent,being talked in such disparaging terms won't help them at all

I would suggest you watch the post match presser which the comments were taking from as oppose to how they appear to read in a Tweet. It's very much common sense what Jose said in relation to them. He didn't talk in disparaging terms only that it's unfair to judge the team's performance and these younger players when over half of the more experienced first team squad isn't even there. That it's unfair to judge them when they won't be first team players this season but are being judged as so playing against more experienced players and teams that have been able to make larger amounts of substitutions throughout games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Mourinho said this

https://twitter.com/neiljonesgoal/status/1023349863466102784

It was only a friendly as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

#JoseOut trending on Twitter, a lot of angry Utd fans there. One of them even suggests the immediate appointment of Gareth Southgate lol

• Advertisement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN6IVn7z04w

So just to weed out all the edited Twitter quotes flying around here is the interview. Go to 4.50 to see the question about Sanchez and his full response. It's obviously not as juicy when actually listened to but don't let that get in the way of a good Tweet or bit of sports "journalism".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Muahahaha wrote: »
    #JoseOut trending on Twitter, a lot of angry Utd fans there. One of them even suggests the immediate appointment of Gareth Southgate lol

And yet the narrative in the United thread remains that we’re the ones obsessing over a pre-season victory. Bless their hearts. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN6IVn7z04w

So just to weed out all the edited Twitter quotes flying around here is the interview. Go to 4.50 to see the question about Sanchez and his full response. It's obviously not as juicy when actually listened to but don't let that get in the way of a good Tweet or bit of sports "journalism".

Yeah he is just complaining again about no having his other first team players along with other teams & praised Bailly.

What is your point?

MD1990 wrote: »
    Yeah he is just complaining again about no having his other first team players along with other teams & praised Bailly.

What is your point?

What's your point?

Well actually i know the point you were trying to make with the Twitter post. That he's attacking the younger players and creating problems with players like he usually does...blah blah blah!!! The original post about the difference in what the 3 say about the youth players was designed to do the same. When the truth of the full response he gave was that Sanchez may have seemed frustrated because he always wants to give everything to the team and unfortunately this team hasn't had the experience of the teams playing against. It's really a non event response that has been edited to give the impression that Jose is attacking the younger players.

Muahahaha wrote: »

Wonder if the plane is booked?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Poor Jose #fake news

Hope he's ok. Must be tough getting no money to spend year in year out, and making do with bargain basement signings.

I'm sure he'll be fine lads. He's been around long enough and won enough things to know how it all works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

The club have accepted a £3.5m bid for Chirvella from Rosenborg.

BTW, that is mental money for the Norwegian league.

Edwards at it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Couple of points, firstly Jose saying that the team he put out against us won't play any games this year although factually correct you just don't say those sort of things publicly, you just don't. Imagine being a youth player in that team and hear your manager say something like that!
    Secondly, Jose moans that his 1st teamers are all on holiday, you'd swear it was just utd players playing in the world cup, fact is every top 6 side had a decent ammount of players playing there.

Man I really hope they don’t sack him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

lads who gives a **** about them.

honestly if he stays or goes I couldnt care less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

there's some managers make a fortune by getting sacked a couple of years into a job. Morinho, Allardyce, Conte (well just with Chelsea , in fact any Chelsea manager the last ten years)
    Wish my place would sack me and pay me off with a €5M severance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Any LFC news? Only Daniel tempting fate while talking like he hopes not to.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jul/29/rejuvenated-daniel-sturridge-eager-revive-liverpool-career
    “I have always been hungry, you know that,” the England international said. “The hunger will never change. I’m taking every day as it comes with a positive mind-set. That’s all I’m going to do. Pre-season has been going great but, you know, I’m not getting too carried away. It’s just great to be part of the club and helping and making sure that we can win games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

gimli2112 wrote: »
    there's some managers make a fortune by getting sacked a couple of years into a job. Morinho, Allardyce, Conte (well just with Chelsea , in fact any Chelsea manager the last ten years)
    Wish my place would sack me and pay me off with a €5M severance.

Jose is on at least 15m a year,if he was sacked it would cost 20+ to get rid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Is this the utd thread or what,all the mockery of utd and Jose yet they have trophies over last couple of years and we have zilch,let's mock and laugh at them when and if we actually win something

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Is this the utd thread or what,all the mockery of utd and Jose yet they have trophies over last couple of years and we have zilch,let's mock and laugh at them when and if we actually win something

True, but the way he carried on.....you also have to make hay when the sun shines and it is shining brightly !

Talk is cheap.

Mourinho would have played Milner RB in Klopp's position.
    Look at Young playing LB.

Excellent response. Did you make the school debating team at any stage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

On paper having young and valencia playing at fullback would look to be a very attack minded system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

MD1990 WAS the school debating team!!

Good one:rolleyes:

Good one:rolleyes:

I know.........thanks ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Yeah Klopp would never play Milner at full back...

Honestly, did you even think that through before posting it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

DrumSteve wrote: »
    lads who gives a **** about them.

honestly if he stays or goes I couldnt care less.

I actually really would love him to just be gone for a while.

I used to quite like him and his "schtick" a lot, until what he did to Vilanova and then much more-so, to Carneiro. Still respect him as a coach, but lost all respect for him as a human being at that point.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement