Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Liam O wrote: »
    Yeah Klopp would never play Milner at full back...

Honestly, did you even think that through before posting it?

where did I say that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    True, but the way he carried on.....you also have to make hay when the sun shines and it is shining brightly !

Is it though?

There hasn't been a ball kicked in the league yet - I'd prefer to hold off until there is something material to laugh about; such as a losing start to the season or a defender knocking the ****e out of Herrera ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I think we might need to move on people!

REALLY looking forward to seeing the boys on Saturday. Injuries allowing, I expect we'll start the first XI that will play the first PL game, except Firmino. Looking forward to seeing how Allison, VVD and Fabinho work as a unit, that's the core of our defence. Me and my 7 year old are going, as we did last year. Better seat this time, on half way line in Premium West Stand...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The match v Utd is on Freesports at 8 PM. It's the only showing, for those who missed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

hZTIjlV.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I'm thinking our team for West Ham will be

Allison
    Clyne Van Dijk Klavan Robertson
    Fabinho
    Milner Keita
    Salah Firmino Mane

Wijnaldum probably missing out as he missed a few pre-season games.

We are very reliant on the front 3.
    But this season Keita,Shaqiri,Wijnaldum,Sturridge & even Solanke are all capable of getting 5-10 goals in all comps this season.

Wijnaldum scored 11 PL for Newcastle 3 years ago. 14 for PSV as well a few years back.

Keita has 17 in 71 league games for Leipzig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Does Lovren have a problem? Can't see him not starting against West Ham otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

MD1990 wrote: »

Allison
    Fabinho
    Milner Keita
    Salah Firmino Mane

But this season Keita,Shaqiri,Wijnaldum,Sturridge & even Solanke are all capable of getting 5-10 goals in all comps this season.

Wijnaldum scored 11 PL for Newcastle 3 years ago. 14 for PSV as well a few years back.

Is Firmino back in training yet? I don't see him starting the first game if he is only involved for a few days beforehand.

Could see Sturridge in there instead but, otherwise, would agree with that side.
    fyfe79 wrote: »
    Does Lovren have a problem? Can't see him not starting against West Ham otherwise.

Hasn't reported back since the World Cup yet, has he? Him, Henderson and Trent Alexander-Arnold were there until the last day so hard to see them being involved really.

Also hard to know how West Ham will line up. New manager, new system and a pile of new signings - Yarmolenko, Felipe Anderson, Issa Diop, Balbuena, Fredericks, Fabianski. Has anyone seen/read up on their pre-season games?

Pellegrini always used favour a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 with City, didn't he? Could see the same here when they've a full side to choose from:
    Fabianski
    Fredericks - Diop - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Noble/Obiang - Kouyate/Wilshere
    Yarmolenko - Anderson - Arnautovic
    Hernandez

Something like that, maybe? There's good and bad in playing a side undergoing wholesale changes at the start of a season. On the one hand, you haven't a notion how they'll line out or play but, on the other, they may be figuring it out themselves too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

The match v Utd is on Freesports at 8 PM. It's the only showing, for those who missed it.

9PM according to their website. Wish it was reliable

https://www.freesports.tv/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

MD1990 wrote: »

Allison
              Fabinho
       Milner      Keita
    Salah Firmino   Mane

Is Firmino back in training yet? I don't see him starting the first game if he is only involved for a few days beforehand.

Could see Sturridge in there instead but, otherwise, would agree with that side.

Hasn't reported back since the World Cup yet, has he? Him, Henderson and Trent Alexander-Arnold were there until the last day so hard to see them being involved really.

Also hard to know how West Ham will line up. New manager, new system and a pile of new signings - Yarmolenko, Felipe Anderson, Issa Diop, Balbuena, Fredericks, Fabianski. Has anyone seen/read up on their pre-season games?

Pellegrini always used favour a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 with City, didn't he? Could see the same here when they've a full side to choose from:
    Fabianski
    Hernandez

Something like that, maybe? There's good and bad in playing a side undergoing wholesale changes at the start of a season. On the one hand, you haven't a notion how they'll line out or play but, on the other, they may be figuring it out themselves too...
    Hendo , Trent, Bobby and Allison are all back in Melwood since yesterday I think ?
    Lovren isn't back till the weekend,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

He won't be back that long at that stage so won't have had much prefer season work done.

TitianGerm wrote: »

He won't be back that long at that stage so won't have had much prefer season work done.
    His haircut may also be a problem , he's sporting a new skin head, not sure if it will suit or new jersey .,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

His haircut may also be a problem , he's sporting a new skin head, not sure if it will suit or new jersey .,

He could be like a reverse Samson, whereby getting rid of his hair will make him good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Fabianski
    Hernandez

It's games like this where we will miss Buvac's cool analytical intelligence to work out the system required on the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

lovrenbold.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

I think Bobby and Big Al join the lads in France and then TAA, Hendo and Lovren are back next Monday. Klopp already said Alisson will most like start in Dublin, so Bobby starting against, or being on the bench, for West Ham is probably on, but TAA, Hendo and Lovren probably wont - I think Klopp already said as much in one of the many interviews he gave during the tour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

It's going to be very hard to predict that first game - both sides with a lot of new faces as well as players rested after the WC.

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    I think Bobby and Big Al join the lads in France and then TAA, Hendo and Lovren are back next Monday. Klopp already said Alisson will most like start in Dublin, so Bobby starting against, or being on the bench, for West Ham is probably on, but TAA, Hendo and Lovren probably wont - I think Klopp already said as much in one of the many interviews he gave during the tour.
    Hendo and Taa are already back since yesterday in Melwood, both asked to come back a week early,
    Infact Hendo asked to come back last week but Jurgen refused,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Hendo and Taa are already back since yesterday in Melwood, both asked to come back a week early,

Typical Hendo,that's captain material right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Really? Fair fcuks to the lads. Our year!

• Advertisement

Typical Hendo,that's captain material right there.
    I agree , he gets stick but they guy is the ultimate professional and is a leader,
    While Kane had the arm band it was clear to see Hendo was England's leader in the world cup to ,Any interviews with England's players they all spoke highly of Hendo and his leader ship qualities
    The guys still has a huge future at Liverpool

Pretty sure Alisson and Shaquiri said the same. Multiple captains??

Sorry lads I just heard Trent is back but Hendo was not aloud back
    Jurgen has told him he must take his full break , i'd say because last few years he got his fair share of injuries and he did play most of the world cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Henderson isn't back it's just TAA along with Firmino & Alisson.

Henderson, Lovern & Mignolet on holiday for are another while

Watford are apparently reluctant to purchase Origi but a loan appeals to them according to various outlets, the mirror being the most reputable ( :) )
    .....https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/divock-origi-lined-up-watford-12995771 ............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I hate when people come into work on their holidays. Stay away and get some rest and give us some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Read the interview with Sturridge. I believe his attitude has changed and the loan spell to West Brom was a wake up call to him.

After Liverpool he's not going to be going to a Man City, Chelsea, Spurs or Arsenal. At 28 years old he'll be going down a level or two and he doesn't want to be a big fish in a small pond.

He has the chance to get his head down, work hard and be part of a great squad. He's doing well in pre-season and if he accepts that his game time will be managed which will hopefully keep him fit for the season he can be part of something great.

He probably was really hurting not to be part of the CL run last season. It would have been nice to have a fit Sturridge with the right attitude coming off the bench to replace Salah in the final.

Anyone really think we will sign another player ?
    I think that will be us done except for outgoings which will be interesting ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Probably not, and that doesn't really bother me as I've always been a fan of getting signings done early so as to give the players the full pre-season before the season starts. It means the management team have a few weeks/months to get the players up to speed before the season starts, as opposed to trying to do it 2/3 games into the season, ala Ox (I'm not saying Ox's signing when he did didn't work out, but it'd have been nice if he was signed 2-3 weeks before the season kicked off as opposed to 2-3 weeks after it started)

• Advertisement

Augeo wrote: »
    Watford are apparently reluctant to purchase Origi but a loan appeals to them according to various outlets, the mirror being the most reputable ( :) )
    .....https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/divock-origi-lined-up-watford-12995771 ............

We are not about to loan someone with 11 months left on his contract. Someone will take a punt on him, maybe a lesser Spanish team, where his pace would be a benefit? Germany wasn't the right place for him, IMO...

I think that will be us done except for outgoings which will be interesting ,

I don't think we will sign any more unless an opportunity presents itself. I think Shaqiri was the alternative to Fekir.

dogbert27 wrote: »
    I don't think we will sign any more unless an opportunity presents itself. I think Shaqiri was the alternative to Fekir.

I think Shaqiri was mentioned further back, would have been signed anyway I reckon for such small money...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'd say we'll be back in for Fekir. We went to alot of trouble to get him, so once Lyon get their sh*t together we'l be back to finalise that.

I don't buy him failing the medical. The medical happens first before all the promo stuff.
    Maybe something questionable was found later in an MRI or something, but wasn't enough to fail the medical but grounds for re-negotiation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Dickerty wrote: »
    I think Shaqiri was mentioned further back, would have been signed anyway I reckon for such small money...

That goal alone was worth the £13 million, everything else we get from him from here on in is a bonus!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

We are not about to loan someone with 11 months left on his contract. Someone will take a punt on him, maybe a lesser Spanish team, where his pace would be a benefit? Germany wasn't the right place for him, IMO...

Only concern there is that outside the top 4/5/6 sides in Spain, there's f*ck all money around. Reports last week suggesting that we want €20m+ for Origi and I don't see many sides in Spain actually capable of paying that.

Plus, if you were going to splurge the likely limited cash on a player, would you go for a young, developing player with 11 months on a contract, few suitors and a poor season last time out? It's a gamble!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Would be great to get another first team player.

Who needs another new player when....

Clyne is like a new player.

Lallana is like a new player.

Matip is like a new player.

Sturridge is like a new player.

Only concern there is that outside the top 4/5/6 sides in Spain, there's f*ck all money around. Reports last week suggesting that we want €20m+ for Origi and I don't see many sides in Spain actually capable of paying that.

Plus, if you were going to splurge the likely limited cash on a player, would you go for a young, developing player with 11 months on a contract, few suitors and a poor season last time out? It's a gamble!

Good points! But if you can get him signed up, he's worth more on a long contract, so you'll get your money back...

Who needs another new player when....

Clyne is like a new player.

Lallana is like a new player.

Matip is like a new player.

Who would you play as starting right back now that Clyne is fit?

TAA or Clyne.

I reckon Gomez will fall back to being CB 3rd/4th choice.

£25m+ is the asking price for him ............almost an Ox.
    Can't see anyone paying that for someone out of favour and after a relatively poor season on loan.

• Advertisement

Who would you play as starting right back now that Clyne is fit?

TAA or Clyne.

I reckon Gomez will fall back to being CB 3rd/4th choice.

Clyne all day long.

Clyne all day long.

Cool. I haven't seen him play yet since he's been back. Is he back to his past performances?

After such a long injury some players go either way.

brevity wrote: »
    Would be great to get another first team player.

Needs sarcasm tag? We have had an amazing window.

Wow.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Needs sarcasm tag?
    J Mysterio wrote: »
    Wow.

See your above quote ;)

Cool. I haven't seen him play yet since he's been back. Is he back to his past performances?

After such a long injury some players go either way.

No idea however a fully fit Clyne is twice the defender TAA & Gomez are.

So if Clyne is fully fit I'd start he every time over the other two.

Except that in our team, the FBs are really wingers most of the time. Trent will improve with more games, ultimately in midfield, so I think he starts when available. Gomez defo not a natural attacking FB...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

No idea however a fully fit Clyne is twice the defender TAA & Gomez are.

So if Clyne is fully fit I'd start he every time over the other two.

Taa would start if we are going with a more attacking game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

TAA will get 80% of games imo.

Except that in our team, the FBs are really wingers most of the time. Trent will improve with more games, ultimately in midfield, so I think he starts when available. Gomez defo not a natural attacking FB...

Nor a defending one...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement